• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Hey guys, when would I get an interview if I'm just waiting for KCC to process my DS-260 and I submitted it mid-July after unlocking it? I called KCC and they always say something different... That the docs need to be processed by the 30th of this month for me to be scheduled in Nov, that they need to be scheduled processed by the 15th of Sep, that they need to be processed by the next visa bulletin release.... Thanks

Good morning everyone
I was lucky enough to win with a low CN 2017AF 2XX
my boyfriend (at the time) wasn't picked. taking in consideration the fact that it's been 4 years that we are together we got married MAY the 20th and then filed for the ds260

we both have no criminal record we graduated from university and are healthy.
we are willing to go to Cincinnati , OH to a very close friend of us if we get our visas

1- if there s any advice you can guys give us so that we will have a successful interview.
2- and do you have an idea when will I get the 2nd letter (dateof interview)

our dream have always been to live , study and work in the USA
@Britsimon please what can you advise us to do ( btw we are both moroccan)

thank you in advance

Good morning everyone
my boyfriend (at the time) wasn't picked. taking in consideration the fact that it's been 4 years that we are together we got married MAY the 20th and then filed for the ds260

we are willing to go to Cincinnati , OH to a very close friend of us if we get our visas

1- if there s any advice you can guys give us so that we will have a successful interview.

thank you in advance

Because you got married after selection, make sure you take evidence of a genuine relationship- if you were together for 4 years beforehand this should be quite easy. Photos over the years in different places, of the wedding, correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address, and so on.

Good morning everyone

thank you in advance

+1 with what Susie said. Your interview will most likely be in October - you will get an email this week...

thank you so much @SusieQQQ for the advice

thank you @Britsimon . I m actually getting more and more stressed.

we both live in his parents house but I didn't change the adress on my ID . because if i do I have to change my Passport and that would delay the dv260

but we have pictures since our very 1st date in 2012 pics with the friends and the family, conversations over facebook engagement pictures and our wedding party will be september the 16th so those pictures will be taken too.

do you advise us to have 1 joined bank account?? I m the only one who s working since he just finished his studies (physioterapist) ?

I just don't wanna ruin this opportunity

thank you so much @SusieQQQ for the advice

thank you @Britsimon . I m actually getting more and more stressed.

we both live in his parents house but I didn't change the adress on my ID . because if i do I have to change my Passport and that would delay the dv260

but we have pictures since our very 1st date in 2012 pics with the friends and the family, conversations over facebook engagement pictures and our wedding party will be september the 16th so those pictures will be taken too.

do you advise us to have 1 joined bank account?? I m the only one who s working since he just finished his studies (physioterapist) ?

I just don't wanna ruin this opportunity

I'm not going to advise you how to run your bank accounts. Just relax and decide what proof you can show and whether that would be convincing to a stranger.

@Britsimon thank you so much .... I guess I ll hand them pictures and screenshots from posts over facebook (birthday wishes ,inside jokes and so on) and that would be cool. I mean I guess

I ll wait for anyone here who had this experience to tell me what to avoid and what to focus on so that it will all go good

DV-2017 selectees in EU region (Serbia in particular) started receiving 2NL since last nigth around 10PM (GTM +02:00 with daylight saving included)!

I just called the KCC
they told me that I m still "current" and even if I have a LOW CN that I might get schedueled in november not october
can anyone please explain to me why

I filled my ds260 in late May and my CN is : 2017 AF 2XX

I just called the KCC
they told me that I m still "current" and even if I have a LOW CN that I might get schedueled in november not october
can anyone please explain to me why

I filled my ds260 in late May and my CN is : 2017 AF 2XX

This has happened each year, and we have discussed this before. The amount of time needed for each DS260 varies. So - you may have submitted your DS260 on exactly the same day as someone else, theirs is completed, yours is not. You will only be scheduled when the background checks are completed. Patience....

This has happened each year, and we have discussed this before. The amount of time needed for each DS260 varies. So - you may have submitted your DS260 on exactly the same day as someone else, theirs is completed, yours is not. You will only be scheduled when the background checks are completed. Patience....

thank you @Britsimon I m just getting tooo frustrated and losing sleep .

obviously I m paniking for "no reason"

thank you again

thank you @Britsimon I m just getting tooo frustrated and losing sleep .

obviously I m paniking for "no reason"

thank you again
Things I have prepared before my successful interview are below.
1.affidavit of support ( screenshot of facebook text ,comment and photo of sponsor , bank account of sponsor , letter of acceptance you to the sponsor which is original signed by sponsor , live video call screen shot with sponsor)
2. W2
3. Jointly real estate with my wife
4.proof of relationship with your wife such as screenshot of email , facebook , messenger , live video call screenshot ,photo for the last 4 year of relationship with wife including trip abroad and anywhere and last your wedding photo .
5. Police record
6.high school diploma
7.medical result .
That's all man . Just be brave and answer honestly and CO will not check all the documents you present but your documents will convince CO that you are not fake the wedding and you prepare enough for the CO . It's genuine.
I am looking forward to hearing your successful interview same as me . Best of luck

thank you @vanchandavy

please I need some information about the affidavit,

my husband and I are going to a friend of ours in OHIO and I don't think he makes enought to match supporting us both (tho we will take some money with us and work ASAP)

an other friend that lives in OKLAHOMA wants to help us and send us the affidavit so that they'll both be sponsoring us.

what do you think guys ? and do you have any advice on this??

thank you @vanchandavy

my husband and I are going to a friend of ours in OHIO and I don't think he makes enought to match supporting us both (tho we will take some money with us and work ASAP)

an other friend that lives in OKLAHOMA wants to help us and send us the affidavit so that they'll both be sponsoring us.

One is a host, one is a sponsor. The sponsor fills in an I-134. That's not a problem. Some embassies are often satisfied by just having a host, others prefer to see an I-134.

@Britsimon thank you so much for always answering
so you suggest that I get only the sponsor to fill the I 134 (btw he s married to an american citizen)?

thank you @vanchandavy

Like @Britsimon told you , your affidavit of support (I-134) form's income must be greater than the property guideline . So ask your sponsor of his income and dependents .if your sponsor doesn't have dependents, it's easy for you . Example , your sponsor has no dependent so the total of family household is 3 including you and your spouse . for the income for the family 3 or household must be over 25112$ . So if your sponsor's income is over 25112$ / year , you are good to use that .
For me during my interview ,my sponsor income is not enough , my aunt has income of 33700$/ year so with that total household of 5 , my aunt must have the incoming of 35512$ But CO never mentions that my sponsor's income is not enough .i believe that they ask for sponsor cos they want to make sure that you have known someone in the states where U may need help as possible as you can . So double prepare for your interview is the best way of success .

Hello everybody,
I have made mistakes in ds60 form.
1:I had made mistakes in the original application ,instead of typing (yousofi typed Yuosofi and typed mohha as middle name that I don't have that middle name ) and repeated these mistakes in ds60 as well because I could change my passport to match ds60.
I didn't want any problem to be asked at the interview.
I have to say that before filling out the ds60 I had emailed them to the KCC and they said to correct them in ds60.
Late I found out that they would attach those mistakes to my file to the embassy.
I emailed the KCC on the August the second to unlock my form but after sixteen days I didn't receive any email from KCC.
There was a mistake about my birthday in passport, I was to make that accurate, so now I have corrected that and haven't changed that to match ds60 form.
The problem is that the expiration and issued dates and also the passports nombre is changed.
I want you guys to advise me how to pass the successfully and not to get denied.
regards

I have to say that I called the KCC they said my interview was on October and told about my problem they said you may take it to the embassy at the interview.