• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

does it make sense what KCC told me? for you to receive a 2NL late September (assuming the case is current), your ds-260 needs to be processed by September 1st!! They said it's because the back and forth with Embassies to schedule interviews can take up to 2-3 weeks... so they take current/processed cases up to the start of the month only. again -- does that make sense?

does it make sense what KCC told me? for you to receive a 2NL late September (assuming the case is current), your ds-260 needs to be processed by September 1st!! They said it's because the back and forth with Embassies to schedule interviews can take up to 2-3 weeks... so they take current/processed cases up to the start of the month only. again -- does that make sense?

Yes, that makes perfect sense - and I have explained that before. In practise, there are often a number of cases that clear processing as late as the 10th/15 that get scheduled also - but that is hit and miss.

Hi all,

I have a question about police certificate.

My friend is one of the DV 2017 winners. She is currently living in Malaysia, but she lived in LA from 1999 (when she was 16 years old) to 2013. I, currently in California, was helping her to get a police certificate. I contacted LA County Sheriff Office for her, and the people there told me that what my friend needed was a clearance letter because she didn’t commit any crime when she lived in LA. So I followed what they told me, and went to LA County Sheriff Office to apply for a clearance letter for my friend.

However, the letter stated that the search of criminal records encompassing the past 10 years, and the records more than 10 years old are routinely purged from their system and are no longer available. So we are not sure if this clearance letter is okay in this case since the police certificate must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that area.

Does anyone know about this? Thanks first!

Hi all,

I have a question about police certificate.

My friend is one of the DV 2017 winners. She is currently living in Malaysia, but she lived in LA from 1999 (when she was 16 years old) to 2013. I, currently in California, was helping her to get a police certificate. I contacted LA County Sheriff Office for her, and the people there told me that what my friend needed was a clearance letter because she didn’t commit any crime when she lived in LA. So I followed what they told me, and went to LA County Sheriff Office to apply for a clearance letter for my friend.

However, the letter stated that the search of criminal records encompassing the past 10 years, and the records more than 10 years old are routinely purged from their system and are no longer available. So we are not sure if this clearance letter is okay in this case since the police certificate must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that area.

Does anyone know about this? Thanks first!

She does not need a police report for the USA.

She does not need a police report for the USA.

Thank you for the reply Britisimon!

After I saw your post, I read the webpages about "prepare a supporting documents", and found that it has "Note" under the section about "How to obtain a police certificate". The note states that present and former residents of the United States should not obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States". No wonder I couldn't find U.S. o the "Reciprocity by Country" pages. :D

My bad! But thank you very much!

Hello everyone,I am a new member and dont know if am posting in a right place,I am from Europe Georgia,my husband won lottery 2017,we have kids and I am just interested in schools,do they have online registration or what kind of documents do we need for future if everything is ok.Thanks

Last edited:
Hello everyone,I am a new member and dont know if am posting in a right place,I am from Europe Georgia,my husband won lottery 2017,we have kids and I am just interesting about schools,do they have online registration or what kind of documents do we need for future if everything is ok.Thanks

Most public schools are based on where you live. If you have an idea of where that might be you can try emailing the relevant schools for info. You'll probably need proof of residence for registration. You'll also need the vaccination worksheet that the doctor will give you at your visa medical. We just did walk-in registration at our schools.

Most public schools are based on where you live. If you have an idea of where that might be you can try emailing the relevant schools for info. You'll probably need proof of residence for registration. You'll also need the vaccination worksheet that the doctor will give you at your visa medical. We just did walk-in registration at our schools.
Thanks for your answer, can I register when school starts or months before? I am asking because in our country registration starts in may and school in september.

Thanks for your answer, can I register when school starts or months before? I am asking because in our country registration starts in may and school in september.
You register whenever you arrive. Our kid started middle of the school year 2 days after we got a house c

Hello
my case num is 138**, I submitted ds in early june,when will be my iterview moth approx? Is not my case num too high? And is 6 years old considered ok for school?

Hello
my case num is 138**, I submitted ds in early june,when will be my iterview moth approx? Is not my case num too high? And is 6 years old considered ok for school?

Each state has its own age regulations. Depending on the exact date of birth and state rules, your child will either go into kindergarten or first grade at age 6. (In the US, kindergarten is the year of school directly before first grade, and not a general pre-school term as it is used in some other countries.)

hey guys, I called KCC and they said that in the cover of the application says I am doing AOS bc my address in the first ds-260 submission was in the US. However, when they open it, they can see that I have requested an interview abroad and that my address is abroad, per my changes when I unlocked. they said that when they process the form, they'll flag the interview abroad and will schedule it abroad. do you think this issue will cause a delay or affect the process anyhow? case # is current. thanks all

hey guys, I called KCC and they said that in the cover of the application says I am doing AOS bc my address in the first ds-260 submission was in the US. However, when they open it, they can see that I have requested an interview abroad and that my address is abroad, per my changes when I unlocked. they said that when they process the form, they'll flag the interview abroad and will schedule it abroad. do you think this issue will cause a delay or affect the process anyhow? case # is current. thanks all

It will most likely delay the interview if KCC is just realizing you wish to process CP, even if your CN is now current. KCC does not process the forms of those processing AOS, so if your DS 260 was in that batch, it means the form will only get processed now that they know you want to process CP.

it is not clear to me whether KCC has actually realized I want to do CP altogether... and that has me worried. I've called different times and every time before they open my application, they say "so let's see... it looks like you're doing AOS." I suppose that's because the cover of the application only caught the info from the first submission. then when they open, they can see the current address is abroad (coinciding with the requested interview location). should I worry that they won't get to my application because it's in the AOS pile per what the cover says???

it is not clear to me whether KCC has actually realized I want to do CP altogether... and that has me worried. I've called different times and every time before they open my application, they say "so let's see... it looks like you're doing AOS." I suppose that's because the cover of the application only caught the info from the first submission. then when they open, they can see the current address is abroad (coinciding with the requested interview location). should I worry that they won't get to my application because it's in the AOS pile per what the cover says???

Is your CP change request from AOS to CP documented? Did you email the request or you've simply been relying on phone calls???

And how do you know your DS has not been processed? Is there a way to check this?

There's is no formal/official way of checking. If your CN is current and you're not scheduled when others with similar numbers as scheduled for their interview, then it means your DS260 is yet to be processed (assuming you're going through the CP route).

mom, I requested unlocking my DS-260 in July and changed the address from the US to abroad (interview location requested was always abroad). I didn't email them with a request to change to CP, as I thought the change on the form would be enough. Should I email them? Thanks