• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Yes what is the second confirmation page? And please guys I have decided to go with my baby..how will I fill the ds260. .please help.

Baby is now 6 months old .born on the 25th of January 2016. I entered the draw before giving birth to him.

You will need to create a separate DS-260 form for the baby and add his information accordingly. This shouldn't be hard for you to do since you're yet to submit your own DS-260 form if I'm not mistaken.

And also I want to know if is necessary to add affidavit of support .because I heard is not among the requirements of ghana ?

And also I want to know if is necessary to add affidavit of support .because I heard is not among the requirements of ghana ?

As far as I know, it's not a requirement at Accra embassy. From the previous year's threads and the subsequent enquiry made by one of those guys, the embassy's response was emphatic on the subject. I'll try and dig up that thread.

Am a single mother. Or is there any problem I should know?

No, there's no problem process as a single mom for a person that is indeed single. I asked about the partner part because I do remember you asking about what happens if the partner isn't planning one going.

And upon rechecking just to confirm I wasn't confusing you with someone else, I notice you also stated that you got married in February by the way:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-selectees-from-ghana.331296/page-13#post-2438251

Last edited:
[QUE="arena, post: 2439125, member: 403579"]Am a single mother. Or is there any problem I should know?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a necessary enquiry since you've mentioned creating an application for your baby and remaining silent on your spouse.
Your answer to this question will help the moderator to advise you as to what you must do in order not to commit yourself.

No, there's no problem process as a single mom for a person that is indeed single. I asked about the partner part because I do remember you asking about what happens if the partner isn't planning one going. You also stated you got married in February by the way:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-selectees-from-ghana.331296/page-13#post-2438251

Wow. Got caught. Even on this forum. Looks like a risky conceal if the Consulate tries a thorough background check.

Wow. Got caught. Even on this forum. Looks like a risky conceal if the Consulate tries a thorough background check.
My guess is when there's a discrepancies in the original entry against the DS 260 this will give ground to suspicion and subsequently compelling the COs to deny Visa on the basis of concealment.

Hi mom ..thanks for your quick response. .I really appreciate it. .I have friends now on the other part of the forum who are facing alot of challenges. .so I decided to help them by asking you the moderators of some of their challenges then I tell them.i ask questions alot but the way I put it that's why you think is me..but of course I have a child whom am proud of..and willing to add him to my case..why won't I add my husband if am married ? This is a big time opportunity you know . nothing stops me...besides am still thinking whether to process it or not because of the discrepancies. .

Are you serious. .caught !? Have I steal something here?..hellooo..what's the point of explaining things to you..bye..@tony

With my careful analysis of the previous year's threads, a particular question was repeatedly asked e.i ' what's your highest level of education?'
In my situation, I wonder what response might be appropriate. Thus, I completed university but with no certificate because I had issue with one of my papers.
The perplexity emanate from the fact that in the initial registration form i chose degree since my understanding of the DV lottery process was very minimal at the time, whilst I should have indicated SSSCE instead. Or even so some university courses.
Now, when asked what answer should I provide? As I've mentioned above, at the time of doing the entry, my thoughts were that since I've been to university, that level must be my highest attainment of education.

Are you serious. .caught !? Have I steal something here?..hellooo..what's the point of explaining things to you..bye..@tony
Sorry if I caused any hurt. I was just expressing surprise at how backchecks can land us in trouble. It's a wake up call I was just trying to highlight. Sorry once again. Apologies.

With my careful analysis of the previous year's threads, a particular question was repeatedly asked e.i ' what's your highest level of education?'
In my situation, I wonder what response might be appropriate. Thus, I completed university but with no certificate because I had issue with one of my papers.
The perplexity emanate from the fact that in the initial registration form i chose degree since my understanding of the DV lottery process was very minimal at the time, whilst I should have indicated SSSCE instead. Or even so some university courses.
Now, when asked what answer should I provide? As I've mentioned above, at the time of doing the entry, my thoughts were that since I've been to university, that level must be my highest attainment of education.

Are you able to complete or you have some few resits to do before?

Are you able to complete or you have some few resits to do before?

Hmmmmmmm ... It's about my long essay. I had a problem with my supervisor, coupled with some other personal challenges.
I completed though but without the Long essay I can't be awarded the degree... still pending.

[Q="Astirlo, post: 2439137, member: 400930"]With my careful analysis of the previous year's threads, a particular question was repeatedly asked e.i ' what's your highest level of education?'
Now, when asked what answer should I provide? As I've mentioned above, at the time of doing the entry, my thoughts were that since I've been to university, that level must be my highest attainment of education.[/QUOTE]
I hope our able moderators will be able to help... Thanks

Hi mom ..thanks for your quick response. .I really appreciate it. .I have friends now on the other part of the forum who are facing alot of challenges. .so I decided to help them by asking you the moderators of some of their challenges then I tell them.i ask questions alot but the way I put it that's why you think is me..but of course I have a child whom am proud of..and willing to add him to my case..why won't I add my husband if am married ? This is a big time opportunity you know . nothing stops me...besides am still thinking whether to process it or not because of the discrepancies. .

Appreciate the explanation. Inconsistent stories makes it hard to provide the needed guidance. So when next you're posting or asking questions on behalf of someone else, be sure to state that in the post.