• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Yay! When/where are you planning on making the move to? And how about all the other OC-ers as well? :)

I'm very 'liberal' (in the American sense) so I'm planning on Chicago or NYC, depending on how the wind's blowing at the time. I own a condo in Chi, but if I move to NY I'll have to look into coops, which is a massive pain in the butt. At this stage Chicago is looking more attractive, unless I can snag a place south of 59th in Manhattan without blowing over budget. I'm not in publishing or fashion so I don't have to live there, and life's too short to be commuting for hours from Queens or BK just so I can say 'I live in New York'.

On the other hand, New England as a whole is beautiful and I often fantasise about settling in rural Massachusetts or Vermont.

On the other other hand, my wife is a medical researcher so we may yet be forced into a little college town, despite my repeated references to the film 'A Five Year Engagement'. Hopefully said college town would be somewhere in New England!

Moving to NYC in early April - just after winter. How about you?

Same same, except probably in Feb/March, although I may change my mind to Los Angeles at the last minute... Then again, a part of me wants to move somewhere more obscure just because I can. :p

Same same, except probably in Feb/March, although I may change my mind to Los Angeles at the last minute... Then again, a part of me wants to move somewhere more obscure just because I can. :p

Nice. I'm most likely going to San Francisco, although having been to the Oregon coast, I secretly want to go there lol

Haha! Yeah, when you're given the chance to live ANYWHERE in the US, it's like... Maybe I'll go live in Disco Tennessee. Because it's called Disco.

But for me, working in publishing, NY is it. I have a bunch of friends there too, so that'll be fun. Oh, and it's an awesome city!

Nabraska? Alaska?

Alaska is simply beautiful and it has that 'frontier' thing going for all the rugged individualists out there. I'd totally understand somebody wanting to move there.

Nebraska has lovely people and is nice enough in its own way. Particularly if you can benefit from a low COL, don't need to live in a big city and prefer a slower pace of life. Funnily enough, there a lot of high-paying jobs in Des Moines, Iowa, which is a beautiful little city. It's an excellent place to move if you want to get ahead. :)

We're not sure but probably SF or NYC. Both are expensive and I'm a bit concerned for both but we'll see how we go :)

In terms of police certs mine came back in less than 24 hours but my husband's is still not here after a week and a half.

Husband had his medical this week and I'll have mine next week - I'll probably just need to get a tetanus shot.