• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

By the way On infopass when it says select kind of service you need I'll select "You need Service on a case that has already been filed"
Right ? Or something else

By the way On infopass when it says select kind of service you need I'll select "You need Service on a case that has already been filed"
Right ? Or something else

You can select that option. Even if you select a different option, shouldn't make any difference, they will still ask when you get there your reason for the visit.

On September 1, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
My CPO notice just came through as well - literally minutes after @Asia174's post. KCC sent my file on Friday, as previously mentioned.

Thanks to everyone for the help, especially @Sm1smom and @Britsimon. I couldn't have done this without you and all the help in this forum.

Once I finally became current, the process took less than 10 weeks, and roughly half of that was waiting for KCC. o_O But hey, can't really complain! :D
And an update this morning with the welcome notice -
On September 1, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by October 31, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

Last edited:
You can select that option. Even if you select a different option, shouldn't make any difference, they will still ask when you get there your reason for the visit.
I thought they're gonna send the interview date. Okay then I'll make an appointment

I thought they're gonna send the interview date. Okay then I'll make an appointment
Levo, they do send you interview date. I really hope you understand why people are asking you to get an infopass. First, you have wasted so much time already. You could have sent your AOS package way ahead. You know sept 30 is the deadline for DV 2015 right? The suggestion for INFOPASS is a back up for you, in case they take time to send your interview letter. It is not easy to get INFOPASS at last minute in all FO's. It depends how busy your FO is. So atleast you will have this backup if you schedule an INFOPASS now.

Levo, they do send you interview date. I really hope you understand why people are asking you to get an infopass. First, you have wasted so much time already. You could have sent your AOS package way ahead. You know sept 30 is the deadline for DV 2015 right? The suggestion for INFOPASS is a back up for you, in case they take time to send your interview letter. It is not easy to get INFOPASS at last minute in all FO's. It depends how busy your FO is. So atleast you will have this backup if you schedule an INFOPASS now.
Thank you. Now I understand why should I schedule INFOPASS

I would really really appreciate your guidance on this mom! \

I was selected for DV lottery 2016 and my number is EU000105xx. My CN most probably will be current in November or December. I submitted my DS-260 mid May. I am located in US pending political asylum and requested for an interview in US for myself. However, my derivatives: my husband and daughter are in Ukraine and I requested for their interview in Ukraine. I understand once I get a 2NL and my CN is current I will have a green light for AOS.

I would like to know if I should be paying $330 DV administrative fee to DOS now to prepare myself to be ready to include the receipt in the AOS application.

My question is:

1. Do I pay $330 fee now or wait until 2 NL?
2. Do I pay for myself only for now or pay for my husband and daughter as well even though they are in Ukraine?

Many thanks for your reply!!!

I was selected for DV lottery 2016 and my number is EU000105xx. My CN most probably will be current in November or December. I submitted my DS-260 mid May. I am located in US pending political asylum and requested for an interview in US for myself. However, my derivatives: my husband and daughter are in Ukraine and I requested for their interview in Ukraine. I understand once I get a 2NL and my CN is current I will have a green light for AOS.

I would like to know if I should be paying $330 DV administrative fee to DOS now to prepare myself to be ready to include the receipt in the AOS application.

My question is:

2. Do I pay for myself only for now or pay for my husband and daughter as well even though they are in Ukraine?

Your CN is EU105xx?

My question is:

In as much as I enjoy guiding and helping out particularly with the DV based AOS process, I certainly don't appreciate when people try to take my help for granted.

Back in mid July, you originally posted your case on the DV 2016 AOS thread, I asked you some follow up questions and you opted to not respond - said posts referenced below:

Hello mom,

Thank you very much for your answer. Just to clarify, when I applied for my political asylum, my visa was current! It was before I overstayed it. My visa expired in January of 2015, which was after I applied for DV lottery but before I submitted DS-260. It's now been two months since I submitted my DS-260 and still no 2NL. Does this make me eligible to apply for AOS? And if yes, do I just proceed with AOS not waiting for 2NL?

Thank you again!!!!

Okay, let's make sure we're both on the same page before we move on to what the next step should be. For now, forget about when you applied for the DV2016 lottery, forget about when you submitted your DS-260 form. Let's focus on the following questions please:

1. When did you enter the U.S.?
2. In which NIV category did you enter?
3. What was the duration of stay granted in your I-94? (Not the expiration date of your visa, that's irrelevant for now)
4. When did you submit your asylum petition?
5. When did you receive the NOA for the asylum petition - actually that should be what's the date in the NOA for the petition from USCIS?

We really can't proceed any further without the answers to these questions.

You've now returned to post on the DV2015 Thread like its a completely new case. The fact that you couldn't be bothered to answer my questions or acknowledge my post back in July is the same reason I ignored your posted questions on this Thread.

Hi Mom,

Finally, AOS process ended for me successfully. I must say: Thank God I found this forum, which has tons of useful information about the DV AOS process. Again, especially thanks to Sm1smom, and others who shared their feedback in regards to DV process.

That's great! Congratulations!!

Hello Mom,

My case became current in August but I filed on June 15th (thanks to Mom, Simon and everyone on this forum) as I used the USCIS Policy Memo to file early. At this point, my forms I-765 and I-131 already got approved and I received the combo card. I contacted KCC today and they said that my file was sent to the USCIS on Sept 1st. I have two questions for you:

1 - After talking to the KCC representative today, she indicated that my file was requested by the Newark FO, thus, it was sent to that office but yet my FO is Washington. Does this sound right that the file could be requested by and sent to a wrong FO? Or do you know if the Newark FO is the central office that usually requests files to be sent from KCC to USCIS?

2 - I have not been scheduled for an interview yet and I scheduled 2 InfoPass appointments last month and during both of those appts the representatives told me that the case was assigned to a supervisor and they are working on it. But I stressed the urgency of time due to the looming deadline (Sept 30) and it was during my 2nd InfoPass that the representative went in the back office to speak to the supervisor (apparently my would be interviewer) and when she returned she said that the supervisor is aware of the deadline and will send me the interview later soon but it has been more than 2 weeks now and I have not received the IL yet. I scheduled another InfoPass for Sept 10th just in case I don't receive the IL by then. Is it time to contact my Congress person? What action do you recommend I take at this point?

Thank you and looking forward to your responses!!

Hello Mom,

My case became current in August but I filed on June 15th (thanks to Mom, Simon and everyone on this forum) as I used the USCIS Policy Memo to file early. At this point, my forms I-765 and I-131 already got approved and I received the combo card. I contacted KCC today and they said that my file was sent to the USCIS on Sept 1st. I have two questions for you:

1 - After talking to the KCC representative today, she indicated that my file was requested by the Newark FO, thus, it was sent to that office but yet my FO is Washington. Does this sound right that the file could be requested by and sent to a wrong FO? Or do you know if the Newark FO is the central office that usually requests files to be sent from KCC to USCIS?

2 - I have not been scheduled for an interview yet and I scheduled 2 InfoPass appointments last month and during both of those appts the representatives told me that the case was assigned to a supervisor and they are working on it. But I stressed the urgency of time due to the looming deadline (Sept 30) and it was during my 2nd InfoPass that the representative went in the back office to speak to the supervisor (apparently my would be interviewer) and when she returned she said that the supervisor is aware of the deadline and will send me the interview later soon but it has been more than 2 weeks now and I have not received the IL yet. I scheduled another InfoPass for Sept 10th just in case I don't receive the IL by then. Is it time to contact my Congress person? What action do you recommend I take at this point?

Thank you and looking forward to your responses!!

Or should I pay a lawyer $5,000 who wants to start pushing so that I can get interviewed prior to September 30th?

:eek:
Tell him you'll pay him on a contingency basis if he's successful and see if he's still prepared to take the job...I'd bet not.

I spoke with the lawyer and he wants $3,200 upfront and $1,800 after my case gets approved. He has assured to get me the interview prior to Sept 30th and his law firm is one of the top immigration law firm in the nation with a great track record.