• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that, when I won, it was a few weeks before I joined the forum because I wanted information on the DS260.
So there will be people, like me, who will wake up, check, find out they won, celebrate and then start investigating.

If they are lucky, they will end up here, where @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom will expertly and patiently guide them through the process and, in @Britsimon's case, answering every single stupid question ever asked about the diversity lottery (and I asked alot of them).

Could't it be that since they have been having trouble keeping up with the processing of the D260 from the dv2015 they did't have enough time to check the 2016 entries for duplicity, bad pictures etc, and are still doing it? Maybe not all the winners have been notified by now? In the Spanish forum there are no winners still and last year there were 2 or 3 by now.

I know that, when I won, it was a few weeks before I joined the forum because I wanted information on the DS260.
So there will be people, like me, who will wake up, check, find out they won, celebrate and then start investigating.

If they are lucky, they will end up here, where @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom will expertly and patiently guide them through the process and, in @Britsimon's case, answering every single stupid question ever asked about the diversity lottery (and I asked alot of them).

Yes you asked a lot of questions - but then you paid it forward - and helped others to their goal - which is very cool....

Could't it be that since they have been having trouble keeping up with the processing of the D260 from the dv2015 they did't have enough time to check the 2016 entries for duplicity, bad pictures etc, and are still doing it? Maybe not all the winners have been notified by now? In the Spanish forum there are no winners still and last year there were 2 or 3 by now.

No there is not a check on DS260 from DV2015 to DV2016 entries.

Remember the background checks that disqualify DV2016 entrants before the announcement are performed on around 125k people out of 10 million entries (15 million people). THe number of the 125k that are waiting for a DV2015 with is very small.

I really think this talk of an error is wishful thinking - or at least, premature.

Again. You each have 1 chance in 100.

Around the world it is late at night for people in Africa, middle of the night for Eastern EU and AS regions, In OC region is is 2017 or something like that...

So - if you win out of the blue at 10pm do you:-
a) get on internet forums you don't know anything about yet, report your win to a bunch of people you don't know yet and learn everthing you can because you plan to emigrate next week.
OR
b) Celebrate your win with the Mrs, have a glass or two of bubbly and hit the sack because you are due to be at work tomorrow.

I did B.

Last edited:
I've seen about 5 Egyptian winners in a facebook page
people don't really need to hurry the results
and even if there's an error if didn't Get selected that's a double lose i guess xD

What happened? A large proportion of 10 million people were all told to hit the site at the same time - and, predictably, the site was busy.
i have 5 numbers of my friends. i checked others that show have not been selected. but last other number. it shows like i posted.
that some thing worng. it still show like that.

(in SusieQQQ's case not always so patiently :p )

Sorry to those not selected and especially Veronica, mijoro and hearty :(

I really think this talk of an error is wishful thinking.

Again. You each have 1 chance in 100.

Around the world it is late at night for people in Africa, middle of the night for Eastern EU and AS regions, In OC region is is 2017 or something like that...

So - if you win out of the blue at 10pm do you:-
a) get on internet forums you don't know anything about yet, report your win to a bunch of people you don't know yet and learn everthing you can because you plan to emigrate next week.
OR
b) Celebrate your win with the Mrs, have a glass or two of bubbly and hit the sack because you are due to be at work tomorrow.

I did B.
So much for you being a super-duper moderator! Previous years by this time there had already been at least a few people reporting here on this forum that they had won. So, don't underestimate folks here who have been playing DV for more than you have been moderator. LOL!

So much for you being a super-duper moderator! Previous years by this time there had already been at least a few people reporting here on this forum that they had won. So, don't underestimate folks here who have been playing DV for more than you have been moderator. LOL!

What a bloody silly comment.

Wtf?!

It is people like this who just mess up these forums for what they are worth. People can get so nasty over this whole thing just over if they were selected or not. Move on and try again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.