• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

@Britsimon @Sm1smom @God-Is-Love
When I got my 2nl for April interview they didn't include my infant son which I included in the DS-260 in sep, 2014 almost a month after he was born and when i ask IOM if they can do the medical examination for the baby without his name being listed as one of the beneficiary in the 2nl they say they need a letter from the embassy listing him as one of the beneficiary. I have ask people and found out that any enquiry regarding DV and other visa issues can be brought to the Addis Ababa US consulate only in the morning after 11am. I went there yesterday and explained the issue at the reception and they ask me for the original document of the baby's birth certificate and they checked and they gave me a letter with some contents similar with the 2nl and my baby is listed as one of the beneficiary. I went to IOM and scheduled my medical for Monday.

For those who encounter the same problem like mine you can go to the embassy, the principal winner, prior to your interview with the your baby's birth certificate, the 2NL and passport of your baby and your passport is also required to check your identity.

Last edited:
Hey Guys need a help here:
  1. Does Birth Certificates, Marriage certificates needs authentication?
  2. Does the beneficiary need High School Certificate (ESLCE) and Degree authenticated.
Tnx for the help

Hey Guys need a help here:
  1. Does Birth Certificates, Marriage certificates needs authentication?
  2. Does the beneficiary need High School Certificate (ESLCE) and Degree authenticated.
Tnx for the help
yeah they need to be authenticated and no the beneficiary is exempt for educational document submission only the principal applicant have to submit that proof

Tnx @ZGREAT for the info where did i go to authenticate the marriage certificate and the Birth Certificate.. Kifle Ketema or Kebele or Foreign Affairs.

first kifle ketema then to MOFA for final authentication
btw it has been said that you don't need to authenticate the certificate if it is less than 6 months : so check that from the kifleketema and act acorrdingly

my case has been updated 2 times today on ceac website once as ready and then administrative processing ; when does it change to issued ?

my case has been updated 2 times today on ceac website once as ready and then administrative processing ; when does it change to issued ?
Hi @ZGREAT, I remember that information has got on my nerve changing between the two modes every now and then. I advise not to even open it because it gives no clue of the delivery date except showing when your file is updated. On the other hand, just wait for two cosecutive emails (I received them in an interval of 30 mnts):
1st email: The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Addis Ababa has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL. ....
2nd email: Your Visa application documents are ready for pickup at the courier. ....
The number of days it takes after the interview may vary depending on the work load at the embassy during that period. In our case it took exactly 10 days.

dear @ZGREAT , @God-Is-Love , @MB1xxx
from your exprience did you do poly vaccination only?
we only did take poly at IOM and they gave us print out of vacination confirmation by panel Doctor.
thanks in advance
...this is also my question...is there any other vaccination?
Hi @rolex123 @Ahadu, the vaccines we had at st Yared Hospital (where we did our medical) is called combined Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccine. Children are also given additional Heptitus B vaccine after testing. The other vaccination not in the embassy package but we did already and get a yellow certificate is the regular vaccination we had at the black lion hospital. We brought this certificate with us to the embassy but we didn't show it and we were not asked to show.

Congrats !!!

But got to ask, on being in AP cos '' most of them because of being some how old and the CO couldn't trust their claim of being single '' thing . Should one take the not-married letter from the local Kebele with then ?
Thanks !

No. No need to take "unmarried" certificate. I
observed the same thing on my interview date. The COs commonly
request family pictures for relatively old single ladies. It is good to prepare pictures with family whom the applicant live with.

No. No need to take "unmarried" certificate. I
observed the same thing on my interview date. The COs commonly
request family pictures for relatively old single ladies. It is good to prepare pictures with family whom the applicant live with.
Tell Me a little more about the 'unmarried certificate.'
It must the only one in the world