• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Well thats it! I have now completed all my supporting docs. Its do or die, nothing more I can add.
I havent counted the pages but the file is about 2 inches thick.
This time tomorrow Ill be in Syd.
See you there. Ill be the one in jeans white top black jacket white teeth:D file in one hand change of undies in the other.;)
All the best OC_EMS.. Hope everything goes smoothly. I'm sure it will. = )

Hi Everyone.
After reading through pretty much all of the 2014 and 2015 forums my head is spinning! The info on here is invaluable,thanks so much to everyone who contributes (especially simon,suzieQ and mom!!) I have learned SO much!!
I really just wanted to say hi. We are lucky 2015 selectees (hubby is principle applicant) with a CN in the high 600's and submitted our forms on July 17th (had to wait for our daughter to be born.)
As the numbers for January are 700 I'm wondering if we should have received our 2nd letter by now? Or should I just sit tight
Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!!

There is a delay in processing the DS260 (have a look back through the thread). People with lower numbers than you who submitted their DS260s around the time you did are still waiting for their 2NL.

I'll add you to our list.

Hi everyone! After reading through 91 pages of replies I feel like I know you all intimately, haha.

Like most of you, I'm a lucky selectee for DV2015.

I have a couple of questions about the medical I'm hoping for some advice on:

• Can I get my immunisations sorted before the medical if I know I'll need some? Say I go to my GP and get jabbed there, then bring the immunisation record to my medical?

• Also, has anyone with private health cover (in Australia) successfully claimed anything back from the medical?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the group. I second what Blondie said, we have been working on our immunisations for the past few months. We weren't sure about Hep A & B as I don't think we need them but we had them anyway. It's one shot then another a month later then the last one 5 months after that. We had a normal blood test specifying everything on the immunisation list - doctor mentioned they should charge because it's for Visa purposes but they didn't. Just one less thing to worry about getting them done before the medical. Really we pay our taxes and it should be part of the Medicare benefits we get. Haven't attempted to use my extras from my Health Insurer but I will ask. Don't think we would get anything back. Not sure if you have kids but they should be okay with their normal immunisations they have in their early years.
What's your DV Case number range?

Hi Everyone.
After reading through pretty much all of the 2014 and 2015 forums my head is spinning! The info on here is invaluable,thanks so much to everyone who contributes (especially simon,suzieQ and mom!!) I have learned SO much!!
I really just wanted to say hi. We are lucky 2015 selectees (hubby is principle applicant) with a CN in the high 600's and submitted our forms on July 17th (had to wait for our daughter to be born.)
As the numbers for January are 700 I'm wondering if we should have received our 2nd letter by now? Or should I just sit tight
Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!!

Hi CCHessie and welcome. I think I spent 1/2 a day going through the 2014 threads at the start of the process. There are so much great advice on here as you have mentioned. Our number is <650 and we submitted our forms on 19 July. Just have to wait now.....so sit tight!

There is a delay in processing the DS260 (have a look back through the thread). People with lower numbers than you who submitted their DS260s around the time you did are still waiting for their 2NL.

I'll add you to our list.
Thanks Emily,that's good to know!

Hi CCHessie and welcome. I think I spent 1/2 a day going through the 2014 threads at the start of the process. There are so much great advice on here as you have mentioned. Our number is <650 and we submitted our forms on 19 July. Just have to wait now.....so sit tight!
Thanks AussieGemma I'm sittin' tight! I kept thinking what if I've somehow missed the 2nd NL and my interview is scheduled for next week...:eek: Haha slightly paranoid!

Thanks AussieGemma I'm sittin' tight! I kept thinking what if I've somehow missed the 2nd NL and my interview is scheduled for next week...:eek: Haha slightly paranoid!
If you're worried about missing the email, you can always log back on to the status page (where you first checked whether you were selected) and if you have an interivew scheduled, it will be updated with the 2NL now.

There is definitely a delay in processing the DS260s so you may have to wait a month or two after you go current for your interview to be scheduled. I submitted my DS260 in May and still got bumped a month.

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the group. I second what Blondie said, we have been working on our immunisations for the past few months. We weren't sure about Hep A & B as I don't think we need them but we had them anyway. It's one shot then another a month later then the last one 5 months after that. We had a normal blood test specifying everything on the immunisation list - doctor mentioned they should charge because it's for Visa purposes but they didn't. Just one less thing to worry about getting them done before the medical. Really we pay our taxes and it should be part of the Medicare benefits we get. Haven't attempted to use my extras from my Health Insurer but I will ask. Don't think we would get anything back. Not sure if you have kids but they should be okay with their normal immunisations they have in their early years.
What's your DV Case number range?

Hi Gemma, thanks for your input.

I know I'm good for Hep A and Hep B, maybe the others too. I've asked my old GP for my immunisation record so I might be right. My wife on the other hand will definitely need some boosters. I do like the idea of getting it all sorted before the medical. No kids either.

My case number is actually quite good... it's in the single digits. I'm definitely current, but haven't submitted my DS-260 yet. I'm hoping to submit in the next month and get a March interview.

I know I'm good for Hep A and Hep B, maybe the others too. I've asked my old GP for my immunisation record so I might be right. My wife on the other hand will definitely need some boosters. I do like the idea of getting it all sorted before the medical. No kids either.

My case number is actually quite good... it's in the single digits. I'm definitely current, but haven't submitted my DS-260 yet. I'm hoping to submit in the next month and get a March interview.

Single digits!? WOW! That's more than "quite good"! :p

WOAH! You could've been done and dusted and on your way to the States by now! :eek: You don't sound like you're in any rush though so all the best to you mate! And congrats!

Haha, thanks guys. Yeah I'm in no great rush. I still have a few months of uni to go, I've just become an uncle (twice!), have a great job... It'll happen when it happens. As long as we don't run out of visas.