• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

LND Embassy Interview Experience

Thanks Britsimon .. My Country of Origin is Tanzania. There in no info. on US Embassy web site in Tanzania about DV2015 or edu requirement for visa. My interview Location is London.

Are you related to Parvin?

When you say there is no info about the education requirement, you must not have seen this:-

http://tanzania.usembassy.gov/pr_09222011.html

or this about DV2015

http://tanzania.usembassy.gov/pr_09302013.html

You need to brush up on your Googleskills.

In the UK "O" level is something children used to achieve at age 16. UK O levels aree not sufficient level. However, three A levels would be the right level. I mention that because the COs in the LDN embassy will be used to those levels. The fact that you have 13 years of primary and secondary education and then went on suggests to me that you are most likely qualified on education. Qualifying on work experience is much harder and more subjective. So, unless you have good reason NOT to attempt to qualify on education, that is the best route.

Are you related to Parvin?

When you say there is no info about the education requirement, you must not have seen this:-

http://tanzania.usembassy.gov/pr_09222011.html

or this about DV2015

http://tanzania.usembassy.gov/pr_09302013.html

You need to brush up on your Googleskills.

In the UK "O" level is something children used to achieve at age 16. UK O levels aree not sufficient level. However, three A levels would be the right level. I mention that because the COs in the LDN embassy will be used to those levels. The fact that you have 13 years of primary and secondary education and then went on suggests to me that you are most likely qualified on education. Qualifying on work experience is much harder and more subjective. So, unless you have good reason NOT to attempt to qualify on education, that is the best route.

Thanks Britsimon , who is Parvin, not heard of him...... Elementary education is the O Level , as I didn't get good grades in O-Level so I was not allowed to sit for the A Level final yr exam but from the school I got was attendance certificate to show I have attended A-Level course.

I don't have my elementary school certificates (thus I didn't mention on my DS260) , only have O-Level school attendance certificate and A Level attendance school certificate.

Thanks Britsimon , who is Parvin, not heard of him...... Elementary education is the O Level , as I didn't get good grades in O-Level so I was not allowed to sit for the A Level final yr exam but from the school I got was attendance certificate to show I have attended A-Level course.

I don't have my elementary school certificates (thus I didn't mention on my DS260) , only have O-Level school attendance certificate and A Level attendance school certificate.

OK not getting good grades in O level and not completing A level exams might cause you an issue. I'm not certain and you might pass on what you have, but just in case, let's talk about work experience.

Work experience needs to be 2 years of work experience within the last 5 years at a certain type and level of work as defined in O*Net database. Have you aligned your experience to O*Net - if so what is the role you are doing/have done.

OK not getting good grades in O level and not completing A level exams might cause you an issue. I'm not certain and you might pass on what you have, but just in case, let's talk about work experience.

Work experience needs to be 2 years of work experience within the last 5 years at a certain type and level of work as defined in O*Net database. Have you aligned your experience to O*Net - if so what is the role you are doing/have done.

Thanks Britsimon .. I work as a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator since 2001 to present day, out of last 5yrs I am easily able to show references of 3+ yrs , the work I do comes under Computer Systems Administrator. I work as a freelance.

Thanks Britsimon .. I work as a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator since 2001 to present day, out of last 5yrs I am easily able to show references of 3+ yrs , the work I do comes under Computer Systems Administrator. I work as a freelance.

OK - then you are probably most closely aligned with this (which is a qualifying job) : http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1142.00

As a Freelancer you will have to put some effort into building your work experience proof. Because you are your own boss, client contracts, references and so on will be important. Also brush up your CV/Resume.

Britsimon - My job role comes under - http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1142.00 , ( 15-1142.00 - Network and Computer Systems Administrators ), but then I am not a Network Administrator

As Simon suggested I would attend the interview with "guns blazing" - double barrel that is (not actuall guns, I'm not saying that he should shoot anyone :D)!

Start with education and if they say you do not qualify then go with te experience. I was asked if I qualify by education, work or both but after having a quick glance at my diplomas the official said I'm fine with education. Both her and the CO were actually more interested in my University degree than my high school diploma. What is your highest level of education by the way? As piotr's example shows, the COs are not that knowledgeable if it comes to foreign education.

If your work experience meets the Onet requirements make sure that you have letters from employers, lists of duties and responsibilities matching the Onet data base, training certificates and anything that clearly defines your line of work.

With that I'm sure you will pass the interview.

OK - then you are probably most closely aligned with this (which is a qualifying job) : http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1142.00

Britsimon - My job role comes under - http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1142.00 , ( 15-1142.00 - Network and Computer Systems Administrators ), but then I am not a Network Administrator

There is an echo in here...

Oh Lord please! :eek: Not another one, I can only handle ONE a day!!

As a Freelancer you will have to put some effort into building your work experience proof. Because you are your own boss, client contracts, references and so on will be important. Also brush up your CV/Resume.

Britsimon , Thanks , I already have got the ref's from 2008 to present day. I have been freelance since last 3yrs only , but all the freelance work was thru the agency so I do have ref. letter from the agency.

If education is the main priority which I don't qualify , so do you think I should go ahead on the visa process..

As Simon suggested I would attend the interview with "guns blazing" - double barrel that is (not actuall guns, I'm not saying that he should shoot anyone :D)!

Start with education and if they say you do not qualify then go with te experience. I was asked if I qualify by education, work or both but after having a quick glance at my diplomas the official said I'm fine with education. Both her and the CO were actually more interested in my University degree than my high school diploma. What is your highest level of education by the way? As piotr's example shows, the COs are not that knowledgeable if it comes to foreign education.

If your work experience meets the Onet requirements make sure that you have letters from employers, lists of duties and responsibilities matching the Onet data base, training certificates and anything that clearly defines your line of work.

With that I'm sure you will pass the interview.

Hi Franko.. Thanks , My Highest Qualification is BTEC Higher National Diploma In Electronic Engineering from Kingston Uni.

Britsimon , Thanks , I already have got the ref's from 2008 to present day. I have been freelance since last 3yrs only , but all the freelance work was thru the agency so I do have ref. letter from the agency.

If education is the main priority which I don't qualify , so do you think I should go ahead on the visa process..

Yes of course you should go ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if you can pass on education and you should be able to pass on WE as a backup. Just make sure you get both cases as prepared as possible. Make sure you get contracts from the agency for each of the years. That will be very strong evidence.

Yes of course you should go ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if you can pass on education and you should be able to pass on WE as a backup. Just make sure you get both cases as prepared as possible. Make sure you get contracts from the agency for each of the years. That will be very strong evidence.

Britsimon - I have a reference letter from the agency , do you also need to show the contracts

Interesting to hear these version of the experience. We just handed the birth certificate police records and marriage certificates. Fingerprinted took an oath and signed the KFC papers. Zero questions.

I was surprised that the military record was not asked for. I offered to show it but it was not needed. My full custody was also well prepared, also not needed. Transcripts not asked for. I mean I had prepared so much .... Well in the end there was no visa as there was a halt in issuing week later got call and email that there were visas and to return passports. Very confusing since we live 2000 km from the consulate.

Interesting to hear these version of the experience. We just handed the birth certificate police records and marriage certificates. Fingerprinted took an oath and signed the KFC papers. Zero questions.

I guess you had the lady luck on your side...;-)

Hello Franko,

Were your children required to come to interview in London?

I ask because my situation got quite complicated...I applied for London interview (my son is temporary at school in USA on a TD status - with his father) but now I might get a job in Canada , pending security clearance - so, I
might need to travel to London to interview and medicals with son - that will be a lot of money on travel
and time off school for him.

Thank you.

Adela.