• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

The unborn child

Lol sorry for not mentionning susieqqq and som1smom I have to say u two are doing a great job on all the threads that I read when I see the answers u guys give I'm so surprised and happy to see pple like u going outta ur way and make a great effort to help :) it take take to do researchs and get the right answers.
On behalf of all the forum members thanks deeply
Vladek

Thank you guys!

Though am 2014 winner and waiting my d day, this same situation of sujath2012 is gonna happen to me. My interview is expected to be April/May and wife, already pregnant, will give birth on June. I was worried how it will go and how i should tackle it but now you guys solved it huh. Am more happy than sujath2012 coz lot more stuffs are there for me to worry about till the d day i.e documents, documents and interview. One worry down one million to go lol....

Thanks all especially Sm1smom.

Bon Voyage! sujath2012.

Mates, I have got enough knowledge about the VISA of the unborn child by your valuable information once again thanks a lot you friends but unfortunately the embassy did not response until now!!!!! so that I have more one query, could you please clarify anyone do I need to pay IMMIGRATION FEE for our unborn child later?,

Thanks.

Dear mates,

Our child has born after the visa issuance of parents and we both me, my wife and my 3 month old baby have came to the US 2 weeks before with the TRANSPORTATION LETTER of my baby.

Are there any health insurance plane for the new immigrant infant?

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear mates, I am following this thread since I may encounter similar issue.

I plan to do CP and originally expect my number may become current in June 2014. Now with such disastrous slow pace for ASIA this FY, I guess my number will not become current until July, too close to the due date of my unborn child.

Therefore I am seeking your suggestions in the following scenarios.

Scenario One: My number indeed become current in July, and my wife cannot not go to interview on the notified date (since she may begin labor or still in hospital), should I:
(1) Still show up on the scheduled date and explain to the consular why my wife can not do the interview on the scheduled date; in this case, will the consular do my interview first and schedule the interview of my wife in a later date? Or the consular will just reschedule the interview?
or
(2) Should I notify embassy in advance to postpone the interview.

I am worried about postponing the interview this FY, given such high success rate for Nepal and Iran selectees.

Scenario (2): My child is born after we complete our interview and receive IV.
This scenario is simple. My understanding is that I should contact the US embassy/consulate in my home country once my wife gives birth. Then I prepare the baby's documents ( birth certificate, passport) and request the embassy to issue a "Transportation Letter."

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

Thank you.

Dear mates, I am following this thread since I may encounter similar issue.

I plan to do CP and originally expect my number may become current in June 2014. Now with such disastrous slow pace for ASIA this FY, I guess my number will not become current until July, too close to the due date of my unborn child.

Therefore I am seeking your suggestions in the following scenarios.

Scenario One: My number indeed become current in July, and my wife cannot not go to interview on the notified date (since she may begin labor or still in hospital), should I:
(1) Still show up on the scheduled date and explain to the consular why my wife can not do the interview on the scheduled date; in this case, will the consular do my interview first and schedule the interview of my wife in a later date? Or the consular will just reschedule the interview?
or
(2) Should I notify embassy in advance to postpone the interview.

I am worried about postponing the interview this FY, given such high success rate for Nepal and Iran selectees.

Scenario (2): My child is born after we complete our interview and receive IV.
This scenario is simple. My understanding is that I should contact the US embassy/consulate in my home country once my wife gives birth. Then I prepare the baby's documents ( birth certificate, passport) and request the embassy to issue a "Transportation Letter."

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

Thank you.

Dont postpone the interview. Unless she is giving birth at the exact day the interview happens, both of you go. If she is in early labour, go. If she has given birth the day before, go. Don't delay, and don't attend the interview without your wife unless there is NO WAY to get her there.

Dont postpone the interview. Unless she is giving birth at the exact day the interview happens, both of you go. If she is in early labour, go. If she has given birth the day before, go. Don't delay, and don't attend the interview without your wife unless there is NO WAY to get her there.

Thank you for suggestions.

To prepare for the worst, I would like to know what if there is indeed "NO WAY" to get my wife there on the scheduled interview day? Thanks.

First of all, I would like to thank for all the help and suggestions that I have received in this forum.

My wife and I have successfully obtained our DV, entered US on July 4th and activated our LPR status.
Now we can relieve all this DV anxiety and happily expecting our child to be born in US.

The most unbelievable part of our story is:
We contacted US embassy in our country in mid-May immediately after we knew our number become current in July (AS87XX).
Given my wife's pregnancy, the US embassy was willing to reschedule our CP interview from late July to July 1st.

We are thankful, and wish all the best to all other DV selectees in this forum.

First of all, I would like to thank for all the help and suggestions that I have received in this forum.

My wife and I have successfully obtained our DV, entered US on July 4th and activated our LPR status.
Now we can relieve all this DV anxiety and happily expecting our child to be born in US.

We contacted US embassy in our country in mid-May immediately after we knew our number become current in July (AS87XX).
Given my wife's pregnancy, the US embassy was willing to reschedule our CP interview from late July to July 1st.

So happy to hear it all worked out! And what a day to arrive in the US, I hope you got to see some fireworks or otherwise join in some festivities! All the best for your new life here :)

Glad to hear that worked out. I organized some fireworks last night to welcome you...

Fantastic. Congratulations and welcome to U.S.A!

Hi everyone,

I guess most of you have red my interview experience last month. Since this thread is all about the UNBORN CHILD here is how it went for us.

By the time we met the CO my wife was 2 days away from delivery. The CO did conduct the interview. Finally asked the delivery date and then told us to come after the baby is born with bio-data, passport and birth certificate. He gave us entrance paper with which we can enter the embassy any time suitable for us. After some 20 days we went to the embassy and our visas granted.

Thank you all who participated in here.

Hi,

Could you please share your experience. I am also pregnant. My interview is in August. Due in December

How was the experience at the medicals in SL? X ray?

Did you manage to get an Insurance to cover the medical expenses in US for the delivery.
I heard the medical expenses are so high ( about 30-40k USD if you don't have an insurance)

K Jay

Hi,

Could you please share your experience. I am also pregnant. My interview is in August. Due in December

How was the experience at the medicals in SL? X ray?

Did you manage to get an Insurance to cover the medical expenses in US for the delivery.
I heard the medical expenses are so high ( about 30-40k USD if you don't have an insurance)

K Jay

OK, you are going to have some timing issues.

There is a period of time where the airlines will not want to accept a pregnant passenger - usually the last 2 to 3 months. So if you interview in August you will have to move within a few weeks. You should check the policy of the airline you intend to use.

Next, insurance. Obamacare cannot be refused for an existing medical condition - so that is good. BUT it takes some time to get the insurance, so that may not be covered in time. Also, you might struggle to get insurance without an SSN and it could take 2 to 4 weeks to get the SSN. So - your prenatal doctors visits could be tough. Oh and you'll need to register with a doctor - and that cake take a couple of weeks. In other words, for various reasons, if you want to have the baby in the USA you should be planning to fly in early September!

On the other hand you can delay the entry until after the baby is born. That also has some stresses (getting birth certificate and passport for the child) but at least the processing of the childs' immigration status is relatively simple.

Yes, it is easy to process the baby after birth. Apart from the insurance stress, I would not underestimate the difficulty of giving birth as a new arrival in a foreign country without family support etc around at the time.

I am full time graduate student at US, so I have graduate assistant insurance from the university, which covers my family.

I think Britsimon and SusieQQQ all make valuable points, since my condition may not apply to your case.