• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Why are you returning to SL. are you still studying to something else? If you can please tell us about the life in USA

Good life and land of opportunities also people here respect each other no matter what religion and race really,

Lots of job opportunities.

I can't stay here because I got a good job in another country but I will come back here after 2 years

Good life and land of opportunities also people here respect each other no matter what religion and race really,

I can't stay here because I got a good job in another country but I will come back here after 2 years

Thanks Gc2014 for your information.

SSN I received in 7 days and my 1st son also he is 4 years old and my wife and 2nd son received in 4 weeks, they all received green cards in 3 weeks but mine still did not received that's why I'm still here else I got a wonderful job in another country.

Driving licence you just bring your Sri Lanka licence and have to write an exam too
Thanks man.

SSN I received in 7 days and my 1st son also he is 4 years old and my wife and 2nd son received in 4 weeks, they all received green cards in 3 weeks but mine still did not received that's why I'm still here else I got a wonderful job in another country.

Driving licence you just bring your Sri Lanka licence and have to write an exam too
What are the benefits we will with Sri Lanka driving licence? Can we get the licence with out doing the trials?

How much do u need to have for a month in order to have a good life in New York ? Also how much we can earn for a month by doing a simple job in New York??

How much do u need to have for a month in order to have a good life in New York ? Also how much we can earn for a month by doing a simple job in New York??

I'm not sure about the labour market Bcz I'm not working maybe $8.50 per hour for normal job

What are the benefits we will with Sri Lanka driving licence? Can we get the licence with out doing the trials?

Any country licence if you have then you only need a basic written test that can practice from
Www.driversprep.com

Remember all Sri Lankans; the local guys working in US embassy Colombo are really not helpful, maybe they don't like you are getting a free visa. Always try to find a mistake from you

Any country licence if you have then you only need a basic written test that can practice from
Www.driversprep.com

Remember all Sri Lankans; the local guys working in US embassy Colombo are really not helpful, maybe they don't like you are getting a free visa. Always try to find a mistake from you
Did you certified your Birth certificate & Marriage certificate from foreign ministry???

Question for sri lankan winners, .regarding the birth certificate the certified copy issued from the district office is ok ?do they accept that? .

Getting certified from the foreign ministry is not a big thing.everyone just get it pls.just need a day off thats all.

Last edited:
i’ll hv interview on august.. my mother full name is wrong in DS form. what should i do ..?

hi nausha182 and britsimon,

I'm from Sri Lanka. 1st of all I do not have A/L (only have 1 pass from Maths stream). but I do have a BSc (Hons) Computing Degree form recognize UK university with Class (3 Year Degree) and currently I'm working as Software Developer - Web Application for more than two years. What do you think of my situation? please give your honest answer.

Thanks

I think you have chances on working experience rather A/L results as a software developer your job zone is 4 so no worries ur in for well prepare yourself with experience letters from the company while attending the interview. All the best Go lucky for the Interview your IN.

I think you have chances on working experience rather A/L results as a software developer your job zone is 4 so no worries ur in for well prepare yourself with experience letters from the company while attending the interview. All the best Go lucky for the Interview your IN.

Thanks you very much for your encouragement reply and also the accurate information.

HI

what are the interview questions in Colombo Embassy , I am afraid what you mentioned below regarding local people in Colombo embassy, why they are they doing like this for same country people. so we need to handle them nice & carefully.

Our interview will be end of August. we have preparing for both ways (Education & experience as a pre- school teacher)

CN -AS

Www.driversprep.com

Question for sri lankan winners, .regarding the birth certificate the certified copy issued from the district office is ok ?do they accept that? .

Getting certified from the foreign ministry is not a big thing.everyone just get it pls.just need a day off thats all.

Basically you require the original BC and the original translations. If you have lost the originals and getting a copy from the office in Colombo, I think it's the registry of birth certificates, will issue you the yellow one and not a white photocopy paper with a stamp on it. So make sure it's an duplicate or second copy but not a photocopy certified by the divisional secratriate.

Not true. All Sri Lankans will need to taking a driving test to get a Drivers License.

Very true! You need to pass the written exam and have the learner permit for at least a month and then do a road test and pass it to get a license and as a permanent resident you can't drive on an international driver permit so be careful guys

New York is expensive ! The minimum wage is low and tax is higher. So you basically need 3-4k a month to life comfortably in a good neighborhood. If your planning to work minimum wage to get started id say go to New Jersey

hi all, i have a good news to tell u all. finally i got my visa. thank you so much every one who gave me support and courage. although i did not actively participated to the forum, i learned a lot from you guys. sorry for not mentioning every one personally. special thanks goes to britsimon. his information, ideas and guidance helped me a lot to get this. actually it is not a big thing once you have all the relevant documents they are asking. i am a Sri Lankan and i faced my interview in NZ. if any body wants advice or information, i will be willingly to help you all.