• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi. I am filling I-485. I have a contract with my university with half TA and half RA. how I should fill Employment History part (13)

Hi Mom,
I am filling I-485 with my wife for AOS for DV2018. I have a question regarding my wife's situation. My wife is in F2 and has TPS since 2015 which expires in June 2018. But we visited our home country in Feb, 2017 and she gave an interview for F2 before coming back and entered US with her new visa (did not use travel document). While filling I-485, for the question 24 in Part 1, what should I put in there since she has a valid F2 and also is working with EAD through TPS?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards.
Bhupen

Hi Mom,
I am filling I-485 with my wife for AOS for DV2018. I have a question regarding my wife's situation. My wife is in F2 and has TPS since 2015 which expires in June 2018. But we visited our home country in Feb, 2017 and she gave an interview for F2 before coming back and entered US with her new visa (did not use travel document). While filling I-485, for the question 24 in Part 1, what should I put in there since she has a valid F2 and also is working with EAD through TPS?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards.
Bhupen

Hmmn, I’m not sure if your wife hasn’t jeopardized the AOS approval. AFAIK, one can’t have dual status. She’s either F2 or TPS. I believe since she entered with F2, she shouldn’t have been working with the TPS EAD card. You might want to seek some legal opinion on this.

Hi Mom and everyone,
I'm finally close to submit my AOS package thanks to all the precious advices on this blog. Thanks everyone especially to Mom.
I have a last question about that: I need to add an address (where I lived in the past 5years) on the I-485 and they give you space at the end. At the end the form ask to add page number (5), paragraph number (3) and item number. My question is about the item number, what should I write? Should I continue and so write 11? I thought so but then I realized 11 is the item number for the first employment place, which still in the same page and same paragraph.
I hope I explained well.
Thanks for your help.

Fanuel

Hi,
I am wondering what is Money order 1225$ that is in the AOS process sheet. Is that something that every one has to send?
Thanks

Hi Mom and everyone,
I'm finally close to submit my AOS package thanks to all the precious advices on this blog. Thanks everyone especially to Mom.
I have a last question about that: I need to add an address (where I lived in the past 5years) on the I-485 and they give you space at the end. At the end the form ask to add page number (5), paragraph number (3) and item number. My question is about the item number, what should I write? Should I continue and so write 11? I thought so but then I realized 11 is the item number for the first employment place, which still in the same page and same paragraph.
I hope I explained well.
Thanks for your help.

Fanuel

The page 5 part 3 I’m looking at says: provide the most recent address outside the US where you’ve lived for more than one year (if it’s not already listed). I don’t see any question regarding where you’ve lived at for the past 5 years in the section you’ve referenced. You might want to take another look at your form to make sure you’re answering the questions asked accurately.

Hi,
I am wondering what is Money order 1225$ that is in the AOS process sheet. Is that something that every one has to send?
Thanks

I have not received 2NL email yet and my CN is current for February. Should I be worried?

Are you processing AOS? If you are, you need to carefully go over the AOS process spreadsheet to ensure you fully understand the steps involved with AOS.

The page 5 part 3 I’m looking at says: provide the most recent address outside the US where you’ve lived for more than one year (if it’s not already listed). I don’t see any question regarding where you’ve lived at for the past 5 years in the section you’ve referenced. You might want to take another look at your form to make sure you’re answering the questions asked accurately.

That part that you are looking at is part of the 'Address History' started at the previous page (Page 4). At page 4 they ask to provide physical address for the last five years and they gave 3 spaces: 2 at page 4 and 1 at the following page 5. Unfortunately with e spaces I didn't fulfilled the 5 years question so I would like to add 2 addresses at the end, precisely part 14 at page 18 but I'm not sure for both the addendum which page number part number and item number I have to write.

And another question popped up in my mind: at page 2 of the I-485 Part 1 question 19 they ask for the non immigrant visa number from the passport. Is it the red number printed on my H1b?

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

That part that you are looking at is part of the 'Address History' started at the previous page (Page 4). At page 4 they ask to provide physical address for the last five years and they gave 3 spaces: 2 at page 4 and 1 at the following page 5. Unfortunately with e spaces I didn't fulfilled the 5 years question so I would like to add 2 addresses at the end, precisely part 14 at page 18 but I'm not sure for both the addendum which page number part number and item number I have to write.

And another question popped up in my mind: at page 2 of the I-485 Part 1 question 19 they ask for the non immigrant visa number from the passport. Is it the red number printed on my H1b?

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Just write page 4, part 3. They can figure out its related to your past address.

The question is asking for the visa number in your passport. Do you have an actual visa stamp related to your H1B status in your passport?

Just write page 4, part 3. They can figure out its related to your past address.

The question is asking for the visa number in your passport. Do you have an actual visa stamp related to your H1B status in your passport?

Yes I do and there is red number starting with M. Should I use that one?

Hi Mom and everyone,
I am the main applicant. At the "Getting started" page, under my DS-260, the country of residence, at the time of DV entry, is stated correctly as the United States. However, under my wife's form, the residence states our home country, although she was with me in the US (she’s the F-1). I know that in the DV entry, they only ask the applicant: “where do you currently live”. They don’t ask this question about the spouse/dependents, so I am assuming by default the spouse’s residence should be that of the main applicant.
1. So, is my wife’s DS-260 incorrect, or is it the default location for all accompanying applicants?

Her interview location is AoS like me, though. The checked box is: “No, I am currently in the US …send it to USCIS.

I tried to have the mistake corrected. I sent a request twice during the last two weeks to KCC. No answer yet. In all my previous experiences, they answer within a max 2 B. days. I did receive the KCC auto-reply. So I wanted to check with you if it’s a default setting and maybe I don’t need to make a big deal out of it.

Thanks.

Hi! I am new to this site and it has been so helpful so far. I am currently on an e3D visa and have my renewal EAD processing ( 65 days in ). My husband won in the lottery and we are just about to submit out DS260 forms but my question is once we do this will it affect my chances of my EAD getting approved ( for the fact my current visa is non intent to move to the US permanently? )
Thank you in advance!

Yes I do and there is red number starting with M. Should I use that one?

Well, ‘M’ isn’t the only letter all visa numbers start with. So I don’t know if the number you’re referring to is the same thing I have in mind. Anyway, google visa number and compare the images you see with what’s on your passport.

Hi Mom and everyone,
I am the main applicant. At the "Getting started" page, under my DS-260, the country of residence, at the time of DV entry, is stated correctly as the United States. However, under my wife's form, the residence states our home country, although she was with me in the US (she’s the F-1). I know that in the DV entry, they only ask the applicant: “where do you currently live”. They don’t ask this question about the spouse/dependents, so I am assuming by default the spouse’s residence should be that of the main applicant.
1. So, is my wife’s DS-260 incorrect, or is it the default location for all accompanying applicants?

Her interview location is AoS like me, though. The checked box is: “No, I am currently in the US …send it to USCIS.

I tried to have the mistake corrected. I sent a request twice during the last two weeks to KCC. No answer yet. In all my previous experiences, they answer within a max 2 B. days. I did receive the KCC auto-reply. So I wanted to check with you if it’s a default setting and maybe I don’t need to make a big deal out of it.

Thanks.

Don’t stress over this . It’s a none issue.

Hi! I am new to this site and it has been so helpful so far. I am currently on an e3D visa and have my renewal EAD processing ( 65 days in ). My husband won in the lottery and we are just about to submit out DS260 forms but my question is once we do this will it affect my chances of my EAD getting approved ( for the fact my current visa is non intent to move to the US permanently? )
Thank you in advance!

Not a problem.

Well, ‘M’ isn’t the only letter all visa numbers start with. So I don’t know if the number you’re referring to is the same thing I have in mind. Anyway, google visa number and compare the images you see with what’s on your passport.
Ok sounds good. Thanks a lot for your help!

Are you processing AOS? If you are, you need to carefully go over the AOS process spreadsheet to ensure you fully understand the steps involved with AOS.
Yes I am in AOS process. I have received the email to send 330$ fee and I have the receipt but have not got 2NL yet.

Yes I am in AOS process. I have received the email to send 330$ fee and I have the receipt but have not got 2NL yet.

The email you received is your 2NL if you’re processing AOS. You will not receive any other communication from KCC. Your next step is to file for AOS.