• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Good day everyone! I wanted to know if all the supporting documents to be presented (education, civil, etc) must be simply originals/certified copies by the document issuer, or if in addition some other type of additional certification is needed. For example, in my country we have a process in which the department of foreign affairs certifies documents that are going to be used with foreign governments, institutions, etc. This process however has become extremely bureaucratic, long and nearly impossible to complete so I wanted to know your advice. What do you think?

They must be originals and if they are in English, have certified translated copis of the same. Your US Embassy might want to see education results directly from your education ministry in some countries

Thanks Guriix, when did you submit your DS260 if you dont mind me asking ? and did you receive an actual letter for the interview or was it an email notification ?

You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

How soon after the interview can usually people come in USA as green card holders? thanks !! this is too exciting :)

As soon as you can after getting your passport back.. you'll enter using your passport, get a 1-551 stamp on your passport as you wait for your plastic green card.

You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

Just to emphasize to new selectees: KCC never sends an email with actual information about your case, just asking you to check the website (as above). Even if you don't get the email, the website will be updated with the information when your interview is scheduled.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was selected for 2018EU35XX and so excited.

Assume I get a visa. I will arrive in the U.S, and stay there for a month, then I return to my home country; After 5 month I come back to the U.S for good. Is it legal or is there any risk of losing the permanent residence?

cheers,
ml

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was selected for 2018EU35XX and so excited.

I was wondering if it is ok to enter the U.S. within the given six months period, and leave back to my home country to finalize some business stuff and return back to the states at a later time?

Assume I get a visa. I will arrive in the U.S, and stay there for a month, then I return to my home country; After 5 month I come back to the U.S for good. Is it legal?

cheers,
ml

Yup, very common! You actually have up to a year to return- as you will be returning as a green card holder/LPR, not based on the visa anymore.

hello and congratulations everyone,
i got selected and my CN is AF25XXX, i was wondering if i am safe with this CN and if yes when aproximatively my interview would be scheduled
thank uu

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated. Would you know how much the medical exam would costs?

Varies by country, usually equivalent to a few hundred dollars. Also depends on if you need any extra vaccinations or not. I believe London is more expensive than most.

hello and congratulations everyone,
i got selected and my CN is AF25XXX, i was wondering if i am safe with this CN and if yes when aproximatively my interview would be scheduled
thank uu

Unless you are from Ethiopia and Egypt, you should have your interview the first quarter of next year, Feb-April depending on when your case number becomes current

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated. Would you know how much the medical exam would costs?

Usually about $250-350 depending on your country. Check the immunizations needed, get them done. It saves you some money as embassy appointed medical provider charges much more. I did get some immunizations done before I got to do my medical and that saved me some dollars.

Usually about $250-350 depending on your country. Check the immunizations needed, get them done. It saves you some money as embassy appointed medical provider charges much more. I did get some immunizations done before I got to do my medical and that saved me some dollars.

Thanks. Will do that. No need for me to pay high medicals costs. When can I expect my interview to be scheduled? My case no is 2018AF00013***

Thanks. Will do that. No need for me to pay high medicals costs. When can I expect my interview to be scheduled? My case no is 2018AF00013***

It depends on how fast/slow the bulletin numbers move but probably jan-feb next year

I wonder, what's the issue with Ukraine or Uzbekistan? Thanks!

They have a massive number of entries, so their selectees are cutoff at some point in the draw so they don't have too many selectees. Therefor U2 countries selectees are all in the lower case number ranges.