• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Ok so, (1) most embassies have totally different time slots for non immigrant vs immigrant visa interviews (for example one kind in the mornings and the other in the afternoons) - and the summer crush you talk about I am sure is for tourist visas? And (2) DV is the only immigrant visa that is time sensitive, so if any visa appointments do have to be postponed due to workload it will be other types, not DV. In any case I believe the immigrant visa caseload at Madrid is pretty small.

I don't think tourist visas (Spaniards don't neet a visa for visiting the US as tourists),....most likely 90% will be students and J1-visa applicants.
Thanks for teh clarification, it makes more sense seperating non-immigrants from would-be-immigrants.

Just one last question if you don't bother,...what passport should i give them? My moroccan passport? My spanish passport? or both?

I also have a high number AF45xxx,..and from what I gathered during these days, even though it's likely (90% of chances) the number (both mine and yours) will go "Current" during the summer of 2018,....it will depend on the amount of work they have in your country's embassy,...and if they can give you an appointment before 9/30. So yeah,...there is some risk.,...and if you're from Egypt or Ethiopia,...it's definitely not Safe. As to DS260,...I leave it to more experienced posters,...but if i were you, I'd submit DS260 the soonest the better since according to simon,...most AF selectees send their DS260 towards the end of the year.

Probably June, July next year for your interview. Always good to fill it out as soon as you can and send it in. Doesn't hurt to.

Thank you very much, I'm from Morocco by the way. Is it a fraud prone country?

Not a fraud prone country (subsaharan africa is another world where bureaucracy is almost non-existent and official papers are easily forged),....but don't be tempted to marry someone just before sending your DS-260,...Moroccans are know for this kind of frauds, they know it, and otherwise a smooth process could turn into a nightmare, even if the marriage is legitimate.

I don't think tourist visas (Spaniards don't neet a visa for visiting the US as tourists),....most likely 90% will be students and J1-visa applicants.
Thanks for teh clarification, it makes more sense seperating non-immigrants from would-be-immigrants.

Just one last question if you don't bother,...what passport should i give them? My moroccan passport? My spanish passport? or both?

Bring both to the interview, it's up to you which one you want the visa in - as long as it's a valid passport with more than 6 months to go after "intended entry" (i.e.: about a year's validity after interview) they will be ok with that.

Hi All, this i a great support forum. I have been selected this year on the 2018 results. However, i am from South America and my CN seems high 2018SA0000193x. I am not sure if i do have a real chance to even get an interview next year. I have all the paperwork ready because i live already in the US as an F1 student and most documents are the same. I am so nervous and anxious that i don't even know if it's worth even trying.

Thanks.

And again, you don't "send" your application. You'll list your current address as London on your DS260, and KCC will schedule you for London.

They do you give you the option to choose between your home embassy and the embassy of your current country of residence when filling the DS260. But I do agree that it makes more sense/ is more convenient to have the interview in London

They do you give you the option to choose between your home embassy and the embassy of your current country of residence when filling the DS260. But I do agree that it makes more sense/ is more convenient to have the interview in London

Yes we know they give you an "option" of selecting an embassy. We also know for a fact they will schedule your appointment based on the home address listed on your DS-260 form regardless of the embassy you've indicated. We spent a great deal of time last year explaining this to DV 2017 Selectees too.

folks, I have trouble understanding the Visa Bulletin For May 2017.

I was selected with 2018AS0002xx. from what I read here looks this may have a chance. I looked at the bulletin and it says:

ASIA CURRENT
Except:
Iran: 6,300
Nepal: 5,300

this should mean that I am ok, aren't I? my number is less than 5300.

but there is another line in the bulletin that makes me worried:

"For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2017 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows"

that is definitely not me, I am DV-2018. so, does this mean I shouldn't submit my DS260 just yet?

I appreciate your help and experience.

Do you mind sharing where you read the Visa Bulletin from? Thanks..sorry cant help with your question..I hope somebody else can!

How soon after the interview can usually people come in USA as green card holders? thanks !! this is too exciting :)

How soon after the interview can usually people come in USA as green card holders? thanks !! this is too exciting :)

Soon as you get your visa you can enter. Depending on embassy and assuming no AP, usually a few days after interview. Once you have entered on your immigrant visa you become a green card holder.
It's a pretty cool feeling to cross the border as an LPR :)

I'm having a problem submitting my ds260, it says my case number doesn't match the one I used to sign in. But it is exactly the same, there are no spaces before or after. I've tried typing in manually and copy+pasting it and it still won't go through. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

I'm having a problem submitting my ds260, it says my case number doesn't match the one I used to sign in. But it is exactly the same, there are no spaces before or after. I've tried typing in manually and copy+pasting it and it still won't go through. Has anyone else had a problem with this?
Drop the 000

I know this has no bearing on the rest of the DV process but I was curious as to how the case numbers get assigned to the selectees for a given region. Is it on the base of who submitted first when the lottery opened in October or is it the order in which the entry was randomly selected ? Does anyone know ?

Submit the DS260 as soon as you can, don't be in a hurry filing

Submit the DS260 as soon as you can, but don't rush it too. Take your time..i had AF41000 for DV2014 and got my second letter in April for a June interview date. Ethiopia and Egypt are on their own and their numbers move slower than the rest of Africa numbers.

Thanks Guriix, when did you submit your DS260 if you dont mind me asking ? and did you receive an actual letter for the interview or was it an email notification ?

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if EU34xxx is safe number or too high? I really asked this already, but no one answered me. Someone do please.

I know this has no bearing on the rest of the DV process but I was curious as to how the case numbers get assigned to the selectees for a given region. Is it on the base of who submitted first when the lottery opened in October or is it the order in which the entry was randomly selected ? Does anyone know ?
I submitted with about 30 minutes left and I got a case number much lower than many people in my region, most likely it's random

It looks to me that a lot of people is selected this year. If I remember well, last year we needed to wait for several days to see winners from different countries/regions. This year we have seen winners from everywhere in just 2 or 3 days after May 2nd. Or this forum became extremely popular. Just my observation.

Last edited:
Good day everyone! I wanted to know if all the supporting documents to be presented (education, civil, etc) must be simply originals/certified copies by the document issuer, or if in addition some other type of additional certification is needed. For example, in my country we have a process in which the department of foreign affairs certifies documents that are going to be used with foreign governments, institutions, etc. This process however has become extremely bureaucratic, long and nearly impossible to complete so I wanted to know your advice. What do you think?