• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Thanks for doing the heavy Lifting Lottic!

We have just got our 2NL with an interview scheduled in early April as well so I have gone from 'it will be fine, relax, be patient' to 'I MUST TRIPLE CHECK EVERYTHING!'.

Expecting it will be all good but anticipating a month of re-reading every requirement and trawling these forums!

Good luck for your I/V.

@EllieW Hey I just saw your old question about the London medical. Yes it's expensive, I did mine this week. £290 plus 2 vaccinations, and drug panel because I take anti anxiety medication on occasion. I recommend getting full doses of MMR etc free with NHS beforehand. I had already had vaccines but you need 2 or 3 shots for some over a period of time, so what I had done was insufficient! Overall I paid £430 plus some rip off photos from Snappys in the centre, argh.

Everyone was really friendly and nice but they then the examiner was serious and to the point, it threw me off! Basically they check all your paperwork, then you do urine sample, vaccines, then chest xray, then the general examination.

So re the laminated birth certificate, their response was:

Only a consular officer can determine if they will accept a laminated version of a civil document at the time of the visa interview.

Not very helpful as i don't know whether i should apply for a replacement which would take about 16 days. I'll have sufficient time to do it before the interview if i start soon.

Has this forum come across something similar before? @Britsimon @EmilyW

I think the issue with lamination is that it's easier to produce a forged document that way. This is not generally a problem in Sydney...

Where is @guestgulkan anyway? Disappeared into middle America :eek: ??

Hey all!
Congrats to those who have had their interviews/interviews scheduled!
I've just received the 2nl and my interview is in early April.

I'm going through all the requirements now, just confused on a couple of things--
In Sydney:
Can all fees be paid ON THE DAY of the interview? Or are there some things you need to pay before the interview?
Secondly, are we required to bring a resume/ CV of our work experience? I thought I read somewhere that we needed that, but now I can't find the reference anywhere.

Thanks guys.

Hey all!

I'm going through all the requirements now, just confused on a couple of things--
In Sydney:
Can all fees be paid ON THE DAY of the interview? Or are there some things you need to pay before the interview?
Secondly, are we required to bring a resume/ CV of our work experience? I thought I read somewhere that we needed that, but now I can't find the reference anywhere.

Thanks guys.

Hi congrats on the interview!

I believe we pay the one fee US$330 on the day. Correct me if i'm wrong.

About the resume, i saw it on the OLD pdf checklist from the consulate but it's not in the current pdf anymore. I'll still bring mines just in case :)

Hi everyone,

At the moment I'm on my activation trip in NYC.

Basically I wanted to open a bank account to make it easier when I return for good and to get my credit report rolling here.

The process for opening a bank account was straight forward, asked for two ID's (make sure one is your passport with your immigration visa in it, also have a credit card or debit card ready). They asked for no proof of address (I had a utility bill from a friend ready if they were to were to ask).

Was given a debit card on the spot that lasts for 30 days or until my permanent debit cards arrives.

I cant really think of anything else to do on this activation trip!

Hey all!

In Sydney:

Thanks guys.

You pay the $330 on the day, but the fee for your actual GreenCard you pay after, once you get your visa.

From memory, the new checklist of documents requires a CV/Resume.

Hi everyone,

At the moment I'm on my activation trip in NYC.

Basically I wanted to open a bank account to make it easier when I return for good and to get my credit report rolling here.

The process for opening a bank account was straight forward, asked for two ID's (make sure one is your passport with your immigration visa in it, also have a credit card or debit card ready). They asked for no proof of address (I had a utility bill from a friend ready if they were to were to ask).

Was given a debit card on the spot that lasts for 30 days or until my permanent debit cards arrives.

I cant really think of anything else to do on this activation trip!

@allabouttonight
May i ask what type of account and which bank/branch this was with? And would they send the permanent debit card to an international address (Australia)?
I'm planning on doing the same :)

Different banks have different requirements for address or ID, etc. Shop around if you need to. For example Chase required proof of a US address but Bank of America didn't.
We got our cards all with overnight delivery so assuming you're in the US longer than a couple of days card delivery should be an issue. I'd also be surprised if they delivered cards overseas.

Bank of America also allows you to open an account with just your passport and Oz driver's license. They will need a local address too. Initial deposit was USD 100.

Different banks have different requirements for address or ID, etc. Shop around if you need to. For example Chase required proof of a US address but Bank of America didn't.
We got our cards all with overnight delivery so assuming you're in the US longer than a couple of days card delivery should be an issue. I'd also be surprised if they delivered cards overseas.

Citibank needs proof of address too and SSN , if I am not wrong. So I went with BofA

What type of accounts have people opened? Eg. Tourist ones or local resident ones (i.e. just show them the visa/temp GC in your passport)?

@SusieQQQ Which bank did the overnight delivery?

We opened BoA accounts. Just a checking initially, and then when we got here, secured credit cards. After 10 months, BoA made them unsecured and have also since increased our limits.

What type of accounts have people opened? Eg. Tourist ones or local resident ones (i.e. just show them the visa/temp GC in your passport)?

@SusieQQQ Which bank did the overnight delivery?

There is no difference between a "tourist" or "resident" account as far as I am aware?? Anyway that's not something we were ever asked. Just opened normal check and savings accounts. Had them for 6 months before we moved. Once we had made the permanent move, Chase actually initiated an unsecured credit card for me based on the amount that I had had in the account over that period so i never had to use a secured card, but that situation may have been a bit special and I've never heard of other new immigrants getting that.

The overnight delivery was Chase, not sure if that was specific to the type of account we had or not.

Last edited: