• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I just booked a InfoPass for 1:15pm on Monday. THANK YOU!!
Read the 4 or 5 posts directly before yours. You need to book an infopass to move things along. They probably got the KCC file and need a nudge to action it - BUT you need to methodically go through everything else with them and make sure there is nothing else holding up the approval. If they have everything - politely but firmly ask when you can expect the approval.
Another quick question.. what do you mean by methodically go through everything else with them? Do you happen to have a list that I could see to make sure I do everything correctly. Thank you so much for helping.. it is very much appreciated!!!!!

Another quick question.. what do you mean by methodically go through everything else with them? Do you happen to have a list that I could see to make sure I do everything correctly. Thank you so much for helping.. it is very much appreciated!!!!!

Mom and I listed things above.

Background check.
Biometrics
KCC file
All required documents.

Mom and I listed things above.

Background check.
Biometrics
KCC file
All required documents.
I just received an email from the KCC that I followed up on my email which they said my file had been request on July 13th to see if it had been sent.. they replied..

No. Your case has not been sent to the San Bernardino field office. They requested your file on July 13, 2016 and it could take 4 to 6 weeks to process this request.

Is it possible that they have actually sent my file since when I went to my interview the IO had all my documents? I have an INFOPASS at 1:15p today. If they don't have my file what is the next step? What questions do I need to ask?

I just received an email from the KCC that I followed up on my email which they said my file had been request on July 13th to see if it had been sent.. they replied..

No. Your case has not been sent to the San Bernardino field office. They requested your file on July 13, 2016 and it could take 4 to 6 weeks to process this request.

Is it possible that they have actually sent my file since when I went to my interview the IO had all my documents? I have an INFOPASS at 1:15p today. If they don't have my file what is the next step? What questions do I need to ask?

KCC most likely already sent the file on to your FO following the request on July 13th. They're often say it takes 4-6 weeks for the file to get sent, but we know it's not true.

So attend the INFOPASS appointment first and go through the series of checks we suggested as a starting point. You should be able to think of the appropriate follow up questions based on whatever they tell you while at the INFOPASS.

Hi Mom,

I have two questions:
1. What kind of questions should I ask during my INFOPASS appointment? (I am currently waiting for the interview letter)
2. Is there a benefit of booking another INFOPASS appointment within a week interval (my first INFOPASS will be on Aug 25th, I'm thinking to book another one for Sep 1st)

Hi Mom,

I have two questions:
1. What kind of questions should I ask during my INFOPASS appointment? (I am currently waiting for the interview letter)
2. Is there a benefit of booking another INFOPASS appointment within a week interval (my first INFOPASS will be on Aug 25th, I'm thinking to book another one for Sep 1st)

1. Read the last couple of responses Simon and I posted on this Thread answering similar question.

2. No, that's too close.

Hey guys. A quick update/question. Online status updated to : "As of May xx we are ready to schedule for interview", then in mid July we hadn't got a letter so went for an Infopass, and a week after the online status updated to : "As of July xx we are ready to schedule for interview". Since then, nothing. At Infopass they said they had everything, and they are not one of those FO's that "sits on things" and are aware that all DV has to be adjudicated by end Sept.
Do you know why the online status would change dates like that? Does it mean we have moved up in a queue or something?
Thinking of booking a second Infopass for end of this month.
Do you know if booking an Infopass puts the case on "hold" or something until you go to the appointment?

Mom
Let me refresh your memory! I had an interview on 15 May and the interview went well. The FO said he was going to approve our case on the spot but since we have a pending asylum case he need to know the status of the asylum first.
On the 1 June we received the Green cards myself and my son except my wife who is a principal applicant.
After a month we made an INFOPASS and the officer told us that the file was at the asylum office.
We made 3 more infopsses after that. Last two infopasses was a lady officer and she was not friendly and she just gave us 1 answer that the file is in the asylum office and it was requested but she said she's going to request it again. We asked when is the file going to be in their office and she said she doesn't know and there's nothing we can do, is on them.
Last week we went there for another infopass and the file was there finally. We went to that same lady and she said the file is here. She further said we must wait for 30 min because she's e-mailing our FO to tell him that the file is there and we're also there.
After 30 min she said no response if we can wait that'll be good. We waited for 35 more minutes.
She called us again and said our FO is busy with our file while she was talking the status change to "approved"and few minutes later the status changed to "card production order" while we were still on that window.
Last week Friday the status changed to "Card has been mailed to me". On Monday she received a welcome letter and today she received her Green card.
Thank you very much for your tireless efforts and everyone on the forum I thank you from the bottom of my heart

Hey guys. A quick update/question. Online status updated to : "As of May xx we are ready to schedule for interview", then in mid July we hadn't got a letter so went for an Infopass, and a week after the online status updated to : "As of July xx we are ready to schedule for interview". Since then, nothing. At Infopass they said they had everything, and they are not one of those FO's that "sits on things" and are aware that all DV has to be adjudicated by end Sept.
Do you know why the online status would change dates like that? Does it mean we have moved up in a queue or something?
Thinking of booking a second Infopass for end of this month.
Do you know if booking an Infopass puts the case on "hold" or something until you go to the appointment?

Not sure what's going on with your FO, those updates are rather unusual. You need to go on another INFOPASS. Going on INFOPASS does not put the case on hold.

Mom
Let me refresh your memory! I had an interview on 15 May and the interview went well. The FO said he was going to approve our case on the spot but since we have a pending asylum case he need to know the status of the asylum first.
On the 1 June we received the Green cards myself and my son except my wife who is a principal applicant.
After a month we made an INFOPASS and the officer told us that the file was at the asylum office.
We made 3 more infopsses after that. Last two infopasses was a lady officer and she was not friendly and she just gave us 1 answer that the file is in the asylum office and it was requested but she said she's going to request it again. We asked when is the file going to be in their office and she said she doesn't know and there's nothing we can do, is on them.
Last week we went there for another infopass and the file was there finally. We went to that same lady and she said the file is here. She further said we must wait for 30 min because she's e-mailing our FO to tell him that the file is there and we're also there.
After 30 min she said no response if we can wait that'll be good. We waited for 35 more minutes.
She called us again and said our FO is busy with our file while she was talking the status change to "approved"and few minutes later the status changed to "card production order" while we were still on that window.
Last week Friday the status changed to "Card has been mailed to me". On Monday she received a welcome letter and today she received her Green card.
Thank you very much for your tireless efforts and everyone on the forum I thank you from the bottom of my heart

That is fantastic! Congratulations!!!

We had our interview yesterday. The IO was very kind and knew we reapplied after being denied due to early filing. She reviewed all the documents and asked questions related to form I-485. After that she asked to see all the originals of the documents we submitted with the application. She approved the application on the spot and informed us that we would receive our GC in about 1 week.

Although the interview letter asked us to bring the high school diploma to the interview she didn't asked for it, so I guess the letter is a generic one for DV interviews.

Finally I would like to thank mom and Britsimon for all your support. Your help is invaluable!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

We had our interview yesterday. The IO was very kind and knew we reapplied after being denied due to early filing. She reviewed all the documents and asked questions related to form I-485. After that she asked to see all the originals of the documents we submitted with the application. She approved the application on the spot and informed us that we would receive our GC in about 1 week.

Although the interview letter asked us to bring the high school diploma to the interview she didn't asked for it, so I guess the letter is a generic one for DV interviews.

Finally I would like to thank mom and Britsimon for all your support. Your help is invaluable!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congratulations!!

I had another Infopass this morning and finally they approved my daughter's green card on the spot !!!!
And today we have another surprise waiting for us in our mail box: my husband's Green Card and my Green Card.
I'm so happy. I couldn't believe that it's over.
Thank you to Mom and Britsimon for their help during this long process. We couldn't do it without you.

Hi all,
I understand that the whole process must be finished by 30 Sept. But does it mean that by that date the GC must be issued or so long I have been approved prior to Sept 30, I'm OK eventhough the GC is not in hand yet. Thank you.

Hi all,
I understand that the whole process must be finished by 30 Sept. But does it mean that by that date the GC must be issued or so long I have been approved prior to Sept 30, I'm OK eventhough the GC is not in hand yet. Thank you.

The GC doesn't need to be issued/printed/sent by that date, the case just needs to be approved.

Hello @Sm1smom !!! I am really happy to say that today august 19th my case has been changed to "new card is being produced" 3 months after my interview, i went to my infopass on august 2nd and I think that helped a lot with my case. I am really excited and also very grateful for everything you guys contributed during the process! I will be forever grateful to both of you ! you are amazing human beings! As soon as I receive my document i will put it on the timeline sheet for people to get an idea on how long it took here in NY field office !
Thanks mom!!! you are heaven sent!!!!!

Hi Mom,

I am now currently waiting for my interview letter.

I will be having my INFOPASS appointment next Thursday, August 25th. From what I've read, I need to:
* Bring all my documents
* Go through all the process that I did in order (AoS package sent, Biometrics)
* Mention that this case is "sunsetting case" to the FO

Am I missing something?

Also, do I need to be worried that looking at other people's timeline between Biometrics -> Interview -> Case Approved, seems that the process take some time, and this September 30th is the last day that my case needs to be approved.

Hi Mom,

I am now currently waiting for my interview letter.

I will be having my INFOPASS appointment next Thursday, August 25th. From what I've read, I need to:
* Bring all my documents
* Go through all the process that I did in order (AoS package sent, Biometrics)
* Mention that this case is "sunsetting case" to the FO

Am I missing something?

Also, do I need to be worried that looking at other people's timeline between Biometrics -> Interview -> Case Approved, seems that the process take some time, and this September 30th is the last day that my case needs to be approved.

Did you read the other responses as Mom suggested?

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2016-aos-only.326148/page-182#post-2440324

You of course need to be concerned about the timeline, but we have seen the FO's do seem to leave their work until the deadline looms.

Hello @Sm1smom !!! I am really happy to say that today august 19th my case has been changed to "new card is being produced" 3 months after my interview, i went to my infopass on august 2nd and I think that helped a lot with my case. I am really excited and also very grateful for everything you guys contributed during the process! I will be forever grateful to both of you ! you are amazing human beings! As soon as I receive my document i will put it on the timeline sheet for people to get an idea on how long it took here in NY field office !
Thanks mom!!! you are heaven sent!!!!!

Congratulations and thanks for the update.