• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi all!

I received my interview letter last friday. Here is my updated timeline for your information:

Case Number: SA11XX
Current: May bulletin (Actual June)
Lockbox: 5/2/16
NOA: 5/19/16 (Text/Email)
Bio Letter: 6/10/16
Bio Appointment: 6/24/16
Interview Letter: 7/8/16
Interview Appointment: 7/22/16

My field office is in Miami FL.

I am excited/nervous for the interview. The letter was more or less generic. It has bullet points with all the documents that I need to bring but some dont apply (i.e. marriage certification, kids information, etc.). The only item that I have some doubts is the following:

- Signed and dated federal, state and local income tax returns, with W-2s and 1099's statements for the prior year.

What do they mean by "Signed" ? I have my W-2 and my form 1040. I have as well a tax return transcripts from the IRS that I had requested. All these was included on my AOS package. I just wonder if there is anything else that I need to do or if it is just the regular stuff.

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Your IL is obviously a generic one your FO uses. So stop stressing about the wording. Your IRS tax return transcript is good as is. Just ensure you go with the copies/originals (as applicable) of the documents you already sent in with your package.

Best of luck with the interview.

Your IL is obviously a generic one your FO uses. So stop stressing about the wording. Your IRS tax return transcript is good as is. Just ensure you go with the copies/originals (as applicable) of the documents you already sent in with your package.

Best of luck with the interview.

Perfect! Thanks @Sm1smom for all the help!

See @beau's response above ^^

Merci @beau. The timeline doesn't specify the timing by department. Based on the historical data I am overdue.
Last time I went to the FO, they told me that interview is in order it was received and the average time to schedule the interview is 3months... which is freaking scary because I don't have that much time. The agent wasn't very sharp tho and wasn't aware of DV program...
Therefore I am currently trying to understand what are the steps occuring at the FO and if someone can share their feedback.
I also tried to contact the congressman twice but they simply haven't replied... :(

Last edited:
Dear All,
My wife and I are thanking you for your support and kind advices, we got our GC a week ago and everything was smooth and exactly the same as you said in term of process and timing.
Mom, you were awesome, I am out of words to thank you enough.
For you all do what mom says and don't argue, they know better than your attorney believe me!
I was lucky to meet this forum and will recommend it to all ppl I know!
At the end I have 1 last question, in regards to the form I-589 I have pending with USCIS how can I cancel it? Any particular procedures to follow or a letter is enough?
Thank you again and again :)

Dear All,
My wife and I are thanking you for your support and kind advices, we got our GC a week ago and everything was smooth and exactly the same as you said in term of process and timing.
Mom, you were awesome, I am out of words to thank you enough.
For you all do what mom says and don't argue, they know better than your attorney believe me!
I was lucky to meet this forum and will recommend it to all ppl I know!
At the end I have 1 last question, in regards to the form I-589 I have pending with USCIS how can I cancel it? Any particular procedures to follow or a letter is enough?
Thank you again and again :)

Congratulations and enjoy your new LPR status.

All you have to do to cancel a pending petition is write a letter to the FO in charge of the case (and I suggest your use a service with delivery confirmation for sending the mail):

Withdrawing Your Application or Petition
Write a letter and mail it to the USCIS service center or office processing your case to withdraw your application or petition.
Do not send your request to a Lockbox facility as your case is no longer with the Lockbox.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips#Withdrawing

OK mom finally some good news, I just received the email update and text update with case was approved. However my case was approved on July 7th and online status did change today. Hopefully thats normal. So both mine and my husbands cases are approved without interview. I also talked with Senators office and they have also inquired about the case on July 5ht and case was approved on July 7th. Maybe its a co-incident but thats the update so far. I have to thank all the community members and my special thank goes to Mom and Britsimon. especially the times I became a pain. I would keep everyone updated with the card arrival and also I would like to stick around in the forum and give any help necessary in future cases.

OK mom finally some good news, I just received the email update and text update with case was approved. However my case was approved on July 7th and online status did change today. Hopefully thats normal. So both mine and my husbands cases are approved without interview. I also talked with Senators office and they have also inquired about the case on July 5ht and case was approved on July 7th. Maybe its a co-incident but thats the update so far. I have to thank all the community members and my special thank goes to Mom and Britsimon. especially the times I became a pain. I would keep everyone updated with the card arrival and also I would like to stick around in the forum and give any help necessary in future cases.

Congratulations! Looks like you're one of those with a FO that does not interview DV based AOS petitioners. The online status updates is irrelevant for now since you got the text/email updates - they probably haven't gotten around to updating the case online. So just look forward to receiving your GC itself.

p.s. For the benefit of others currently reading the above post (or who may come across it some years down the road), I'm certain the approval had nothing to do with the congressional inquiries that the OP did - the congress person's office cannot change the process an FO typically use.

Hi there,
I just want to sharing updated about my cases.

I sent my cases on Feb 29 and nothing after that.i just went for fingerprint Apr 18. I went Friday morning for INFOPASS about my cases. She told me your EAD and AP approved and we sent them to you. For I-485 she said your case came us one week ago you suppose to get your interwiew letter end of July. So I hope everything will be fine for all of us.

Congratulations! Looks like you're one of those with a FO that does not interview DV based AOS petitioners. The online status updates is irrelevant for now since you got the text/email updates - they probably haven't gotten around to updating the case online. So just look forward to receiving your GC itself.

p.s. For the benefit of others currently reading the above post (or who may come across it some years down the road), I'm certain the approval had nothing to do with the congressional inquiries that the OP did - the congress person's office cannot change the process an FO typically use.
Another update, Just received mine and my husbands welcome notices. Funny thing is my card is already mailed whereas my husbands status still case was approved. Both cases approved on the same day. Just wondering we may have to go for another infopass (He also had trouble getting his EAD card after the approval and had to get senators help for it). Also mom I cant find my case in the spreadsheet timeline and also cant create a new file. Can you update the case with my user name- Kchemist- AS4XXX, Current- March, Sent in- Jan 14th, Text received- Jan 21st, Fingerprint- Feb 18th, FO- Manchester NH, Approved- July 7th, Text received- July 11th, Welcome letter- July 11th.

Also mom another question is shall I reserve an infopass for my husband in 2 weeks in advance if he didnt receive his card so that we can probably go and stamp his passports as we kind of need to go to canada in august?

Another update, Just received mine and my husbands welcome notices. Funny thing is my card is already mailed whereas my husbands status still case was approved. Both cases approved on the same day. Just wondering we may have to go for another infopass (He also had trouble getting his EAD card after the approval and had to get senators help for it). Also mom I cant find my case in the spreadsheet timeline and also cant create a new file. Can you update the case with my user name- Kchemist- AS4XXX, Current- March, Sent in- Jan 14th, Text received- Jan 21st, Fingerprint- Feb 18th, FO- Manchester NH, Approved- July 7th, Text received- July 11th, Welcome letter- July 11th.

Also mom another question is shall I reserve an infopass for my husband in 2 weeks in advance if he didnt receive his card so that we can probably go and stamp his passports as we kind of need to go to canada in august?

Yes you can do that.

Hello,

I am a 2016AS00009127 winner. My case became current this July 1st. I sent the AOS package on July 5th, the tracking number said it was received on July 6th. I filed I-485, g-325a and g-1145. I checked today, my money order of $985 and $85 to the U.S. Departement of Homeland Security (yes I misspelled the name, Departement instead of Department, what a stupid me, I double triple checked everything but misspelled on that) haven't been cashed yet.

Up until now, as of today, July 12th 2016, I haven't received any text message / email.

I wonder if this is a problem? Should I call USCIS for this?

Last edited:
Hello,

I am a 2016AS00009127 winner. My case became current this July 1st. I sent the AOS package on July 5th, the tracking number said it was received on July 6th. I filed I-485, g-325a and g-1145. I checked today, my money order of $985 and $85 to the U.S. Departement of Homeland Security (yes I misspelled the name, Departement instead of Department, what a stupid me, I double triple checked everything but misspelled on that) haven't been cashed yet.

Up until now, as of today, July 12th 2016, I haven't received any text message / email.

Give it some time, it's not even quite a week since your package was delivered.

Hello,

Knowing banks and how they function dont think anyone would detect your small error. I think you are fine

Hi there,
I just want to sharing updated about my cases.

I sent my cases on Feb 29 and nothing after that.i just went for fingerprint Apr 18. I went Friday morning for INFOPASS about my cases. She told me your EAD and AP approved and we sent them to you. For I-485 she said your case came us one week ago you suppose to get your interwiew letter end of July. So I hope everything will be fine for all of us.

Hi Cassympa,

It seems that we are in the same situation. Case sent end of feb and I-485 received at the Field Office (local office) 1 week ago. Can you please confirm who told you that you are supposed to receive the interview letter end of July? I am still waiting for the interview letter too ... :(
Please let me know.
Jerome

Hello everyone,
I submitted my case back in June, got approved, and I'll be fingerprinted this Friday.

Does anyone know how long does it take before I get my Advance Parole (aka. the Travel document)?
Also, Are we concerned by the September 30, 2016 deadline once we were approved?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,
I submitted my case back in June, got approved, and I'll be fingerprinted this Friday.

Does anyone know how long does it take before I get my Advance Parole (aka. the Travel document)?
Also, Are we concerned by the September 30, 2016 deadline once we were approved?

Thanks!

Not sure about the Advance Parole, but yes you should be concerned about the sept30 deadline till you haven't received the welcome letter.

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Just wondering: "I submitted my case back in June, got approved, and I'll be fingerprinted this Friday." What do you mean with 'got approved', filings received by USCIS or else?

I went for my interview yesterday in San Bernardino. The first thing the IO said to me was that she wasn't going to approve my case because she didn't have the case from the KCC yet, but that I was there to go through all my paperwork. The interview itself went very well and I have everything she asked etc, but I'm really nervous about the fact that she said she still needed something from the KCC. She didn't seem worried and continued to tell me that everything looked great and she would be emailing them to say that. Does anyone has experience with this? I also continue to check my status on the USCIS website and my status has not changed since February. It just says they received my fingerprints. Is this normal? I appreciate any and all comments.