• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hello everyone
just want to enquire ... my case number is 2016AF40@@@ - so i believe that my case will be in July ( based on the last visa bulletin)
two questions please : do they email you the date of the interview or do you need to log on close to the time and check ?
secondly: do you only do the medical after you have an appointment date ?
thank you in advance

Hello everyone
just want to enquire ... my case number is 2016AF40@@@ - so i believe that my case will be in July ( based on the last visa bulletin)
two questions please : do they email you the date of the interview or do you need to log on close to the time and check ?
secondly: do you only do the medical after you have an appointment date ?
thank you in advance

1. You may get an email asking you to log on to the ESC website and check for the interview details. Even if you don't get an email and your number is current, you should still log on to the site (once other people start reporting about receiving the email notification) - the email sometimes goes into the spam box and you may not see it.

2. Yes, most panel doctors require the appointment notice before booking your medical.

1. You may get an email asking you to log on to the ESC website and check for the interview details. Even if you don't get an email and your number is current, you should still log on to the site (once other people start reporting about receiving the email notification) - the email sometimes goes into the spam box and you may not see it.

2. Yes, most panel doctors require the appointment notice before booking your medical.

Thank you very much Sm1mom
Do you perhaps know how far in advance they start emailing out ...just rough estimate is fine.
Lastly, if one partner is declined but that main applicant approved ...does the whole family get denied or just the one person ?
thank you very much in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much Sm1mom
Do you perhaps know how far in advance they start emailing out ...just rough estimate is fine.
Lastly, if one partner is declined but that main applicant approved ...does the whole family get denied or just the one person ?
thank you very much in advance

1. Between 6 to 8 weeks in advance of the the interview month.

2. The denial of a derivative applicant does not impact the rest of the family, the derivative alone gets denied. Only the denial of the main applicant/selectee can lead to a denial for the rest of the family.

Hi @Sm1smom . I requested to unlock my DS260 to add my new baby.upon filling the entire form, I couldn't submit because a passeport number of him was required. As i explained here, I won't be able to have the baby's birth cert until his sixth week then the passeport within the following two weeks. This mean probably i may have it at a very close date to my interview. I'm a little confused, because there is nothing I can do to obtain it earlier. And I don't want him to be non considered in my case. What advice can you give me? What can I do to avoid any complication?

Hi @Sm1smom . I requested to unlock my DS260 to add my new baby.upon filling the entire form, I couldn't submit because a passeport number of him was required. As i explained here, I won't be able to have the baby's birth cert until his sixth week then the passeport within the following two weeks. This mean probably i may have it at a very close date to my interview. I'm a little confused, because there is nothing I can do to obtain it earlier. And I don't want him to be non considered in my case. What advice can you give me? What can I do to avoid any complication?

You have two options:
1. Use your own passport number in the section asking for the number, or
2. Select other form of travel documents in place of passport.

Either of these temporary solutions will enable you to submit the form right away. You can always update and make the needed change when you get the baby's passport.

Edit: when you post a question and you're provided with a response, it helps to pay close attention to the response one is provided with.

In my previous post, I already anticipated the difficulty of submitting the form without the passport number listed, I provided this same guidance in that post. Another forum member, @captain23 who went through the same process responded after my post and provided information on exactly what he/she did and you acknowledged the post!

Last edited:
Thank u @Sm1smom .tried to put my passeport number it didn't work and later on I choose other travel document and still it didn't validate the form when I tried to sign and submit.

Thank u @Sm1smom .tried to put my passeport number it didn't work and later on I choose other travel document and still it didn't validate the form when I tried to sign and submit.

I don't know if there's something you're doing wrong or if something else is preventing the form submission. Several applicants have been able to successfully submit the form in the past with that temporary solution. I suggest you carefully go over the form again and cross check there isn't some other outstanding required section which could be hindering your ability to submit it.

I don't know if there's something you're doing wrong or if something else is preventing the form submission. Several applicants have been able to successfully submit the form in the past with that temporary solution. I suggest you carefully go over the form again and cross check there isn't some other outstanding required section which could be hindering your ability to submit it.

Yep try again. But also if you are male under 26 you need to look at the selective service info (a link on the last page). Until you do that, the form won't submit.

Hello every body I'm very happy my interview was on May 2 and it was successful, i (read)get vary helpful information from you guys i have no words to say just tank-you very much. my interview was very easy they ask my education status and my work experience then she said "congratulation you are not qualified with your education document but you qualify with your work experience", she keep my all copy document with my original Passport then she gave me yellow paper that says "Congratulation your visa is approved" then she said "you can take you visa within 5-10 working days" .
Finlay i have some question
1. is my case is include in administrative process (i heard form some one that took long time ?
2. The yellow she gave me only have my DOC number and there is no A number there, is these have problem ?
3. Can i be sure my visa will come? because i have to prepare money for flight ticket and other things so if i have to seal my Equipments .....
4. To day is my 8 day after interview so when can i get my visa

Tanks for you helpful answer to all of you specially Britsimon and Sm1Smom !!!

Hello every body I'm very happy my interview was on May 2 and it was successful, i (read)get vary helpful information from you guys i have no words to say just tank-you very much. my interview was very easy they ask my education status and my work experience then she said "congratulation you are not qualified with your education document but you qualify with your work experience", she keep my all copy document with my original Passport then she gave me yellow paper that says "Congratulation your visa is approved" then she said "you can take you visa within 5-10 working days" .
Finlay i have some question
1. is my case is include in administrative process (i heard form some one that took long time ?
2. The yellow she gave me only have my DOC number and there is no A number there, is these have problem ?
3. Can i be sure my visa will come? because i have to prepare money for flight ticket and other things so if i have to seal my Equipments .....
4. To day is my 8 day after interview so when can i get my visa

Tanks for you helpful answer to all of you specially Britsimon and Sm1Smom !!!

You can't be sure of your success until you have your passport back with the visa printed on it. So you need to wait for that. Don't start selling things, resign from your current job, or making solid traveling plans/arrangements until your passport is returned with the visa.

Yep try again. But also if you are male under 26 you need to look at the selective service info (a link on the last page). Until you do that, the form won't submit.
Ok I see. I'm not a male neither under 26. I don't know if that is applied to the dependent that I want to add who is my baby. If so, may be I should consider that section and resubmit?

Mom/Susie
We need some advice in this situation my friend did not fill in his parents date of birth for both f/m on the Ds-260 cause he wasn't sure of them (I DONT KNOW filled in ) since all his documents are at home where no one could accuses apart form him know that he has gone back home to get ready he has all the information but he mate be going current in the next visa Bulletin 2016AF000459** can he still unlock to correct it
Thank you

Mom/Susie
We need some advice in this situation my friend did not fill in his parents date of birth for both f/m on the Ds-260 cause he wasn't sure of them (I DONT KNOW filled in ) since all his documents are at home where no one could accuses apart form him know that he has gone back home to get ready he has all the information but he mate be going current in the next visa Bulletin 2016AF000459** can he still unlock to correct it
Thank you

Yes he should unlock and correct it asap.

DV-2016 regional quotas:
uc

Not very useful right now but the data will eventually confirm the redistribution of unused visa numbers from EU/OC to AF/AS/SA/NA.

DV-2016 regional quotas:
uc

Not very useful right now but the data will eventually confirm the redistribution of unused visa numbers from EU/OC to AF/AS/SA/NA.

Well, if redistribution is the plan, we need to see a pretty big jump on the next VB for AF and AS regions.

We might see 'current'.

Not likely for the next VB - I think that would take two. Regardless of the math, there is still a capacity issue. To get current AF means 4523 cases. Of those, about 2500 will have responded. plus late submission cases. So - to get current AF needs about 3000+ interview slots - and that isn't very likely in one month - more likely for two.

As region is much more "do-able" if quota is redistributed. There are only 550 ROA cases not current already.