• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

What will be the reaction if the name of the principal applicant's father is written as XXXX in the birth certificate yet his full details are entered in the DS 260 form? The name was mistakenly omitted during the registration of the B.C. Thanks.

What will be the reaction if the name of the principal applicant's father is written as XXXX in the birth certificate yet his full details are entered in the DS 260 form? The name was mistakenly omitted during the registration of the B.C. Thanks.

Some explanation. We are talking about long form birth certificates (which is required for US immigration purposes). The difference between the long form and the short form birth cert (in countries where both types exist) is that the long form shows BOTH parents.

Now, if a child is illegitimate (unmarried parents) and the father is not present at the time of the registration of the child, the form would show a blank or XXXX as you have described.

That is not an issue for DV lottery. There is no aspect of needing to prove parentage (unless charging to a parents country). So - no issue. However, it might be an issue later once someone wants to sponsor their parents to live in the USA. That is all.

Thanks a ton Britsimon.... the B.C. is the long form where both parents' names are written. I was planning to apply for an amended B.C. but thought it might raise issues during the interview as to why I have a recent B.C.. Am simply trying to avoid raising eyebrows for simple mistakes.

Many people need reprinted birth certificates for DV purposes.

I'm not entirely clear on the relationship between applicant and the baby with the missing father on the birth certficate. While I agree with britsimon that it shouldn't lead to denial, there has been a case reported here of someone required to get a DNA test to prove paternity of a child they wanted to get a visa for as derivative. If you can get an amended birth certificate it will probably be easier all round.

DV-2016 regional quotas:
uc

Not very useful right now but the data will eventually confirm the redistribution of unused visa numbers from EU/OC to AF/AS/SA/NA.
Fantastic work @DV4ROGER though I don't fully understand the table. I can see column 2 are the total of column 4 plus column 6. Which now is the column for the likely regional quota for this FY?
Many thanks.

Fantastic work @DV4ROGER though I don't fully understand the table. I can see column 2 are the total of column 4 plus column 6. Which now is the column for the likely regional quota for this FY?
Many thanks.
The red numbers are the (presumed) quotas, so AF region should get approximately 42.12% of the globally issued visas. Now, DV-2016 is completely underselected (EU and OC in particular) so in the end we won't have 50k+ visas but maybe 45k or 47.5k. So take the last column as reference. The final result will differ from it. EU will have a bafflingly low number of visas while AS should enter the 9k+ range and AF hopefully 22k+.

The red numbers are the (presumed) quotas, so AF region should get approximately 42.12% of the globally issued visas. Now, DV-2016 is completely underselected (EU and OC in particular) so in the end we won't have 50k+ visas but maybe 45k or 47.5k. So take the last column as reference. The final result will differ from it. EU will have a bafflingly low number of visas while AS should enter the 9k+ range and AF hopefully 22k+.

Theoretically I agree. But in practice we have to look at the scheduling. The April 1 CEAC file shows AF had about 6800 issued visas - a monthly increase of 1600. That was the result after 5 months of processing. So - with 7 months left they would have had to get that issued rate up to 2000+ per month to get AF to 22k. Past performance (this year and previous years) says they won't be able to manage that pace, and until the latest VB they were not increasing the VB by enough numbers to reach that pace. So, it will be hard to get to 22k, although I am hopeful they will let the VB floodgates open to get to the highest number ranges (in AF as well as AS)

Theoretically I agree. But in practice we have to look at the scheduling. The April 1 CEAC file shows AF had about 6800 issued visas - a monthly increase of 1600. That was the result after 5 months of processing. So - with 7 months left they would have had to get that issued rate up to 2000+ per month to get AF to 22k. Past performance (this year and previous years) says they won't be able to manage that pace, and until the latest VB they were not increasing the VB by enough numbers to reach that pace. So, it will be hard to get to 22k, although I am hopeful they will let the VB floodgates open to get to the highest number ranges (in AF as well as AS)
That's why there's a 'hopefully' in my post. ;)

I recently booked medicals and my wife will be 8 weeks pregnant on our appointment day. Will Iom perform chest x-ray on her, . Or we will have to wait atleast till her second trimester..
If anyone has been in a similar scenario would very much appreciate your feedback, or anyone with info.@susieQQQ
Thanking You In Advance

Last edited:
I recently booked medicals and my wife will be 8 weeks pregnant on our appointment day. Will Iom perform chest x-ray on her, . Or we will have to wait atleast till her second trimester..
If anyone has been in a similar scenario would very much appreciate your feedback, or anyone with info.@susieQQQ
Thanking You In Advance

Typically they will use a shield whilst the Xray is taken.

Reactions: Mi4
Hello. I don't really understand what all these numbers means. But please can you tell me if it is possible to arrive to AF000516XX.
Thanks a lot

Thank you I really need to hear such things. I hope to get an interview
Umm I may have read it wrong but the number looks slightly high to me...

*Purely* going off historical numbers (which is no guarrantee) DV 2015 and DV 2016 you would not have even got an interview - but would have been fine the previous years

Not saying that will happen again as I have no idea, but just keep in mind that there's a chance you might not get through