• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Dear Moderators, I asked the KCC to unlock my Ds 260 form to add my high school, now it is unlocked and try to add it but I am confused please help me

I finish my high school in two places, from 9-10 grade in one place and from 11-12 in other place

So, how to file under the area where it says ‘degree, diploma or certificate” in two high school places (9-10th and 11- 12th grade) ???????

I am from Ethiopia, both 10th and 12th grade papers says certificate but in the forum I saw high school course completion called to be high school diploma

Thank you very much for your honorable advices!!

Hi all,

I have a 2 questions.

The first is regarding retrieving status updates on the production of my permanent resident card from USCIS ELIS. The case status online page expect to enter Receipt Number which I don't know where I should find it or receive it. I entered US through JFK and the officer didn't give me any number or any document back. He just stamped my immigration visa in passport and said that it is temporary green card valid for one year before I receive the plastic one. Where can I get the Receipt Number please?

The second is about SSN. I checked the box in my DS-260 that I want SSN to be issues. Can I expect that the SSN will be issued and send with the green card and mailed to the address I put in DS-260? Or should I visit any SSN office in US and request SSN there?

Thank you for any advises.

Tomas

Dear Moderators, I asked the KCC to unlock my Ds 260 form to add my high school, now it is unlocked and try to add it but I am confused please help me

I finish my high school in two places, from 9-10 grade in one place and from 11-12 in other place

So, how to file under the area where it says ‘degree, diploma or certificate” in two high school places (9-10th and 11- 12th grade) ???????

I am from Ethiopia, both 10th and 12th grade papers says certificate but in the forum I saw high school course completion called to be high school diploma

List both schools,but the one you got your 12th grade certificate from is where you finished high school (you did not finish high school in 10th grade because you continued after that!!) Don't fuss about whether it is called a diploma or certificate.

Just list both schools and the corresponding years.

3. Your best bet would be to apply for a re-entry permit after completing the GC process. The re-entry permit allows you to stay outside the U.S. for up to 2 years without loosing your LPR status.[/QUOTE]
How and where someone can apply for a re-entry permit for studying reasons?

I get my pass from embassy with out visa!
They told me have problem for printing the visa
Finger crossed for last second :)
Not quite sure why the US Consulate in this case returned your passport to you?!? If they have a technical problem with printing, they should rather keep the passport to get the visa issued and printed asap...

Not quite sure why the US Consulate in this case returned your passport to you?!? If they have a technical problem with printing, they should rather keep the passport to get the visa issued and printed asap...

That's what I was thinking too...

The sound like that permission for printing my visa is not valid.
I'm in abu embassy and must back to Iran
Told to me if printing the visa call me to attach to my passport even after 30 sep.
But must print it until 30 sep.
Guys please finger crossed for me :)

Hello dears! during filling of the Ds form in education part : which order is preferable? from high school to masters degree or masters degree to high school.

Hi all,

I have a 2 questions.

The first is regarding retrieving status updates on the production of my permanent resident card from USCIS ELIS. The case status online page expect to enter Receipt Number which I don't know where I should find it or receive it. I entered US through JFK and the officer didn't give me any number or any document back. He just stamped my immigration visa in passport and said that it is temporary green card valid for one year before I receive the plastic one. Where can I get the Receipt Number please?

The second is about SSN. I checked the box in my DS-260 that I want SSN to be issues. Can I expect that the SSN will be issued and send with the green card and mailed to the address I put in DS-260? Or should I visit any SSN office in US and request SSN there?

Thank you for any advises.

Tomas
Re SSN:
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-oceania-winners.320666/page-223#post-2409583

Hello everyone, I am new here ,
Am from Jordan,, I won a lottery GC , DV2015 , still not get my interview date ! Is this normal? What i have to do ? Please help me

Thank you