• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi Mom and everyone!!
My IL came in today and my interview is August 21. However, the title was "initial interview of the applicant". Is that standard?
Secondly, I was given a checklist of documents to bring. Among the requested docs were; highest diploma obtained (not the high school diploma that I've spent $150 to evaluate), employment verification from my employer and worst of all DV lottery Fee paid receipts.
I said worst of all because I sent the original of the $330 receipt with my package and now have nothing to show.
I know we already talked about this and the conclusion what that I should pray and keep my fingers crossed that the receipt issue doesn't come up. Now I'm just worried how to deal with the issue if it comes up. And it's boldly written that failure to bring any of the requested documents will result in denial.
Can I go ahead and file form G-884 for return of original doc?
Thank You as always!!

Hi Mom and everyone!!
My IL came in today and my interview is August 21. However, the title was "initial interview of the applicant". Is that standard?
Secondly, I was given a checklist of documents to bring. Among the requested docs were; highest diploma obtained (not the high school diploma that I've spent $150 to evaluate), employment verification from my employer and worst of all DV lottery Fee paid receipts.
I said worst of all because I sent the original of the $330 receipt with my package and now have nothing to show.
I know we already talked about this and the conclusion what that I should pray and keep my fingers crossed that the receipt issue doesn't come up. Now I'm just worried how to deal with the issue if it comes up. And it's boldly written that failure to bring any of the requested documents will result in denial.
Can I go ahead and file form G-884 for return of original doc?
Thank You as always!!

Stop stressing the wordings or precisely what's written on the IL, it's not like they cross check each individual case file to determine what's missing in order to list it on the IL before sending it out. They simply don't have the time for that and just send out a generic one (most of the time), some FOs do not even list what to bring, yet ask for all sort of documents when one shows up.

There's no reason to not still take along your HS Diploma which you spent a whooping $150 on to evaluate - I honestly don't think it's a bad investment even if you end up not using it considering the eventual outcome you're hoping for.

Considering the DV receipt, since you mistakenly mailed in the original, mention that to the IO if it gets requested - they will most likely find it in your file when you're being interviewed. However, if you think it's worth it, go ahead and file the G-884 form, just be aware of the possibility of myriad of complications you may unknowingly end up creating for your case as a result of that.

hey all, so I've sent the AOS package and they received it today. However, I didn't get any receipts or anything yet. I keep reading about delays from the KCC, and i don't quite understand why such delays happens, and keep also reading your responses, and you guys advice that we should contact the KCC and tell them to send the files to the USCIS.
My questions is: should I contact them as well and tell them to send my files, or do I have to wait?

Egypt 2015af00029XXX

hey all, so I've sent the AOS package and they received it today. However, I didn't get any receipts or anything yet. I keep reading about delays from the KCC, and i don't quite understand why such delays happens, and keep also reading your responses, and you guys advice that we should contact the KCC and tell them to send the files to the USCIS.
My questions is: should I contact them as well and tell them to send my files, or do I have to wait?

Egypt 2015af00029XXX

You're just starting the process, so you basically have to be rather patient and wait for a while. There's no point in your calling KCC to send your file, you don't have an assigned FO yet (since technically speaking USCIS hasn't officially accepted your package regardless of the fact that your mail tracking indicates it has been delivered), which means your KCC file cannot be requested to start with.

You're just starting the process, so you basically have to be rather patient and wait for a while. There's no point in your calling KCC to send your file, you don't have an assigned FO yet (since technically speaking USCIS hasn't officially accepted your package regardless of the fact that your mail tracking indicates it has been delivered), which means your KCC file cannot be requested to start with.
ok, got it
thank you

Hello Everyone,
I feel sad to say that I have committed a very foolish mistake while filing the G-325 form. My marriage date is 07/07/2014 but by mistake I typed 07/07/2015.
:( I am really very scared now. What can I do please advice me. My interview is on wednesday. Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,
I feel sad to say that I have committed a very foolish mistake while filing the G-325 form. My marriage date is 07/07/2014 but by mistake I typed 07/07/2015.
:( I am really very scared now. What can I do please advice me. My interview is on wednesday. Thanks in advance.

Bring it up at the interview and the CO will correct it right there. No big deal at all.

Stop stressing the wordings or precisely what's written on the IL, it's not like they cross check each individual case file to determine what's missing in order to list it on the IL before sending it out. They simply don't have the time for that and just send out a generic one (most of the time), some FOs do not even list what to bring, yet ask for all sort of documents when one shows up.

There's no reason to not still take along your HS Diploma which you spent a whooping $150 on to evaluate - I honestly don't think it's a bad investment even if you end up not using it considering the eventual outcome you're hoping for.

Considering the DV receipt, since you mistakenly mailed in the original, mention that to the IO if it gets requested - they will most likely find it in your file when you're being interviewed. However, if you think it's worth it, go ahead and file the G-884 form, just be aware of the possibility of myriad of complications you may unknowingly end up creating for your case as a result of that.
Thank You, Mom!! You always nail it! I will sure take the evaluated HS Diploma along and other pertinent docs requested or not. Thanks again for your usual frank and realistic answers/suggestions.

Hello Everyone,
You can correct it at the interview...but see this is why I keep telling you to try and relax because when you overthink and are too anxious, you make mistakes that can be avoided...so relax and keep a level head so you don't make inadvertent mistakes at the interview. Good luck

You can correct it at the interview...but see this is why I keep telling you to try and relax because when you overthink and are too anxious, you make mistakes that can be avoided...so relax and keep a level head so you don't make inadvertent mistakes at the interview. Good luck
Thank you friend!

Helllo,
Will it be helpful if we take personal chats (fb or whatsapp) during the interview as I was married after winning the lottery but engaged before winning the lottery? Thank you.

You can't use that to judge the pace of your case. ILs are FO dependent, each FO determines when IL gets sent out based on their applicable work load. That is why I specially asked you to check the spreadsheet to see how YOUR FO has handled similar cases in the past.

Thank you mom. We called KCC today. They said USCIS has requested the case file from KCC on the 07/20/2015 (5 days after my biometrix date). They said it will take 2 - 4 weeks to process. Can I do anything else to expedite the process?

We are current in August.

I think you've actually made it slightly more complicated by the route you've ended up taking. It would have been easier and smoother to have submitted both together. My concern right now is the possibility of the Chicago Lockbox rejecting your own package if it's not too clear to them the basis of your petition, keep your fingers crossed and hope to get the NOA soon though.

Hopefully his own IL will show up soon though and he will continue with his own process. He will of course need to inform the IO of the change in his marital status and will need to take along his marriage certificate and other documents proving your marriage is genuine. You will have to do the same if you make it through to the interview stage before the end of the FY. Otherwise he will have to sponsor you through the F2A process.

I finally received my NOA. Now I am waiting for my biometeric appointment. Still nothing on my Husbands side. I phoned the USCIS and they keep telling me just to wait. But I am worried the time is running out.
How long until I should receive my biometeric letter and is there anything we can do about my husbands case. He has received his EAD card, But his status still says
"Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received" that was since July 19.

Thank you mom. We called KCC today. They said USCIS has requested the case file from KCC on the 07/20/2015 (5 days after my biometrix date). They said it will take 2 - 4 weeks to process. Can I do anything else to expedite the process?

We are current in August.

Your CN is current in August, this is the first week of August, that means your case hasn't been pending enough to warrant taking steps to expedite. I know you're concerned about the FY coming to an end, at the same time the DV based AOS process involves having a lot of patience and the ability to follow suggestions/directives - again, have you bothered to find out what the processing time frame for your FO is based on the Timeline spreadsheets?

I finally received my NOA. Now I am waiting for my biometeric appointment. Still nothing on my Husbands side. I phoned the USCIS and they keep telling me just to wait. But I am worried the time is running out.
How long until I should receive my biometeric letter and is there anything we can do about my husbands case. He has received his EAD card, But his status still says
"Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received" that was since July 19.

Why does your husband's case display the RFE received message above? Was he sent an RFE? What was the RFE for? There's no definitive time frame for receiving the bio letter, however you should be able to get a decent idea based on how long it took for your husband to receive his from when he received his NOA, you can also consult the Timeline spreadsheet to see how long it's been taking others also.

Why does your husband's case display the RFE received message above? Was he sent an RFE? What was the RFE for? There's no definitive time frame for receiving the bio letter, however you should be able to get a decent idea based on how long it took for your husband to receive his from when he received his NOA, you can also consult the Timeline spreadsheet to see how long it's been taking others also.
Yes, He received a RFE Based on the USCIS thinking it was a sponsorship green card and not the diversity visa. we sent in all the diversity visa letter and everything from the KCC.