• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Several years ago back in Africa when I was a preteen, my mom sent me to the market to get some oranges for her. She warned me not to buy sour oranges like I did the last time. When I got there, I sternly asked the seller to pack me a bag of very sour oranges and to make sure not a single sweet one got mixed in. The orange seller angrily chased me away saying she doesn't sell sour oranges. It dawned on me that in my attempt at ensuring I made the perfect request, I had so rehearsed what I was going to say as I went to the market that when I eventually got there, I got my thoughts mixed up and ended up saying the wrong thing, then I got tongue tied and couldn't correct myself.

What am I trying to say here? Stop over-thinking the process!
Got it:)

Several years ago back in Africa when I was a preteen, my mom sent me to the market to get some oranges for her. She warned me not to buy sour oranges like I did the last time. When I got there, I sternly asked the seller to pack me a bag of very sour oranges and to make sure not a single sweet one got mixed in. The orange seller angrily chased me away saying she doesn't sell sour oranges. It dawned on me that in my attempt at ensuring I made the perfect request, I had so rehearsed what I was going to say as I went to the market that when I eventually got there, I got my thoughts mixed up and ended up saying the wrong thing, then I got tongue tied and couldn't correct myself.

wahahahaaaa mom you killed me!

Waw, I really like it. Thanks Mom for everything.

Everyone,
My self and my wife went for biometrix on the 07/15/2015. We still did not received any letters after that. We are getting worried a bit since the case status online site has no current updates. Can we call USCIS and get an update on our case?

Everyone,
My self and my wife went for biometrix on the 07/15/2015. We still did not received any letters after that. We are getting worried a bit since the case status online site has no current updates. Can we call USCIS and get an update on our case?
Hi there,
I guess your interview letter should be on the way. My case status did not change after biometric fee received. So i am not sure if the case status really changes to interview letter sent.
I dont think you can get much from calling USCIS as they normally update you the same as the case status online. You could definitely make an INFOPASS appointment at your FO and inquire about the interview letter. Mom could give a better suggestion.

Hi there,
I guess your interview letter should be on the way. My case status did not change after biometric fee received. So i am not sure if the case status really changes to interview letter sent.
I dont think you can get much from calling USCIS as they normally update you the same as the case status online. You could definitely make an INFOPASS appointment at your FO and inquire about the interview letter. Mom could give a better suggestion.

Hopefully the letter is on the way (Pray for that). I wish USCIS updates more frequently releasing us from these tensed situation.

Hopefully the letter is on the way (Pray for that). I wish USCIS updates more frequently releasing us from these tensed situation.

Have you taken a look at the Timelines spreadsheet(s) to:
(1) Confirm if someone else has previously had an interview at your FO, and
(2) Get an idea of how long it typically takes for your FO to send out the IL?

Have you taken a look at the Timelines spreadsheet(s) to:
(1) Confirm if someone else has previously had an interview at your FO, and
(2) Get an idea of how long it typically takes for your FO to send out the IL?

Yeah mom, I keep an eye on that every single day. Last year people started receiving their letters by this time, That's what made us worried a bit. I'll keep looking this week too.
There is one person went biometrix 7 days after me and received an interview date just after 7 days of biometrix.

Yeah mom, I keep an eye on that every single day. Last year people started receiving their letters by this time, That's what made us worried a bit. I'll keep looking this week too.
There is one person went biometrix 7 days after me and received an interview date just after 7 days of biometrix.

People with cases in the same FO as you?

No different field office.

You can't use that to judge the pace of your case. ILs are FO dependent, each FO determines when IL gets sent out based on their applicable work load. That is why I specially asked you to check the spreadsheet to see how YOUR FO has handled similar cases in the past.

hi mom and friends. long time lurker on this very helpful forum. i had my aos interview in june and the interviewer said she just needs the case file from kcc to approve. like so many others however I am still waiting for kcc to send my case file to my FO!!
i have called KCC twice a week since my interview and have been told again and again they recieved a request from my FO a few weeks before the interview, it has not been sent yet, and "it can take 3 months or more to send files over as we have to send it to another department first". i have asked if anything special has happened with my case and have been told repeatedly "no this is just standard processing for every case".
should i keep waiting or is there anything else to do?

hi mom and friends. long time lurker on this very helpful forum. i had my aos interview in june and the interviewer said she just needs the case file from kcc to approve. like so many others however I am still waiting for kcc to send my case file to my FO!!
i have called KCC twice a week since my interview and have been told again and again they recieved a request from my FO a few weeks before the interview, it has not been sent yet, and "it can take 3 months or more to send files over as we have to send it to another department first". i have asked if anything special has happened with my case and have been told repeatedly "no this is just standard processing for every case".
should i keep waiting or is there anything else to do?

Unfortunately, nothing else for now outside of praying (if you believe in prayers), keeping your fingers crossed and calling KCC like you've been doing. Hang in there, the race is almost over.

Unfortunately, nothing else for now outside of praying (if you believe in prayers), keeping your fingers crossed and calling KCC like you've been doing. Hang in there, the race is almost over.

thank you for your kind words mom!! i will keep calling twice a week and keep my fingers crossed.
i had thought everything would be over one way or another after the interview....the last +1.5 month since has felt like being stuck in limbo. i wonder why this part is taking so long for so many people this year!!

How about contacting the congress person? The reply is kind of ridiculous, 3 months when y'all are running out of time..

How about contacting the congress person? The reply is kind of ridiculous, 3 months when y'all are running out of time..

If the delay is from KCC, there's nothing a congress person can do AFAIK! USCIS will simply respond back to the congress person's office by telling them they're waiting for KCC, the follow up assistance congressman/woman offers with immigration issues is directly with USCIS. Anyway, we all know the 3 months' response isn't quite accurate, it's definitely not going to take that long for KCC to send over the file, you should know from your own case.

If the delay is from KCC, there's nothing a congress person can do AFAIK! USCIS will simply respond back to the congress person's office by telling them they're waiting for KCC, the follow up assistance congressman/woman offers with immigration issues is directly with USCIS. Anyway, we all know the 3 months' response isn't quite accurate, it's definitely not going to take that long for KCC to send over the file, you should know from your own case.
Well, my case was requested in May and they got it in July. It's just that when I called they basically said they'll send it right away, which they did.
Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Well, my case was requested in May and they got it in July. It's just that when I called they basically said they'll send it right away, which they did.
Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
so far its over 1.5 months since my case was requested... there is some time left so i am not too worried yet just frustrated :( i have an infopass next week but i think i will cancel since i do not think my FO can do anything.
hopefully they start speeding up otherwise i feel it may get quite dicey for many people with aug/sept interviews especially...