• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Look at the second page where it says:

"DOS Alert that the 50,000 diversity visas available for the 2015 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2015) have been exhausted. The DV-2015 annual limits for all regions have been reached based on the determination of the September DV-2015 rank cut-offs"

Look at the second page where it says:

"DOS Alert that the 50,000 diversity visas available for the 2015 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2015) have been exhausted. The DV-2015 annual limits for all regions have been reached based on the determination of the September DV-2015 rank cut-offs"
Document you linked above just has one page, nothing in which should be alarming... It simply describes the rules, which folks in general should read and understand.

Okay, somehow the link does not go through. I enclosed the document. Take a look at it. Especially page 2

Attachments

• SKM_C224e15071718110.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 24
Okay, I think what happened was the American Association Of Lawyers wrongly interpreted this sentence "The DV-2015 annual limits for all regions have been reached based on the determination of the September DV-2015 rank cut-offs".
If you look at the second page of the document I enclosed you will know what I mean.

Okay, I think what happened was the American Association Of Lawyers wrongly interpreted this sentence "The DV-2015 annual limits for all regions have been reached based on the determination of the September DV-2015 rank cut-offs".
If you look at the second page of the document I enclosed you will know what I mean.
Yep, agreed. Whoever wrote the AILA piece misinterpreted the DoS information provided.

"The DV-2015 annual limits for all regions have been reached based on the determination of the September DV-2015 rank cut-offs. September is the last month of the DV-2015 program, and rank cut-offs govern applicant eligibility for final action on their case."

from the DoS information page is correct, of course.

I think you're splitting hairs, guys. The bottom line is DoS is saying visa limits will be reached in September. I know we knew this anyway, but it's still interesting they feel they need to spell it out this year. I don't think that's usual.

I think you're splitting hairs, guys. The bottom line is DoS is saying visa limits will be reached in September. I know we knew this anyway, but it's still interesting they feel they need to spell it out this year. I don't think that's usual.
Maybe they feel the need to simply restate the rules, given that the memo contains a general rule overview and not just the September piece, which should not necessarily be interpreted in terms of visa running out early this year.

Maybe they feel the need to simply restate the rules, given that the memo contains a general rule overview and not just the September piece, which should not necessarily be interpreted in terms of visa running out early this year.

It clearly says (it expects that) the limit will be reached. There are years this has not happened, so I don't think it's just restating the rules.

It clearly says (it expects that) the limit will be reached. There are years this has not happened, so I don't think it's just restating the rules.
Sure, the maximum numbers of DV visa as allowed by law will be issued in DV-2015, no question. Just want to avoid folks going all crazy about visa running out prematurely.

hey guys!
I won the DV lottery for 2016.
I was supposed to send the VISA application form and I did it a couple of months ago.
and My visa application status was completed.
But other than that i have not got any notifications at al..

Does this mean that my Visa is under processing?
I sent it in May!!

Awaiting kind replies.

Interviews for DV2016 don't start until 1 October 2015. DV2015 is still running.

What is your case number and region (don't put the whole case number, just give us the first digit(s), e.g. EU7xxx).

My interpretation is that they will be exhausted in September ("based on determination of ..Sept cut offs"). Definitely could have been better worded!
Could mean anxious times for those that are still waiting for AP to be resolved, or those that have interview dates late in September...

That is exactly right. The scheduled appointments will meet the quota sin their estimation. It is confirmation that no last minute increase will happen in any region, and as you say, clearing ap cases will be allocated visas from refusals and no show appointments.

I can't help feeling the no shows will catch them out for AF region, but they actually did well in using the quotas last year, so let's assume they know what they are doing. ..

The statement about limits would only have any value if we knew what the limits were.
I will also exactly reach my limit (minimum) next time I run marathon. However, I can only tell you what my limit was once I cross the finish line.
If their limit is to reach the total number of visas issued equal to dv2014, then they will not reach it. Any other limit they have in mind will absolutely be reached.

The statement about limits would only have any value if we knew what the limits were.
I will also exactly reach my limit (minimum) next time I run marathon. However, I can only tell you what my limit was once I cross the finish line.
If their limit is to reach the total number of visas issued equal to dv2014, then they will not reach it. Any other limit they have in mind will absolutely be reached.

They stated clearly in the release 50k visas, as does ever other official document about DV. Hardly a secret.

Okay, but they didn't issue just 50K last year.
If everyone expected just 50K to be issued, then I was wrong. I thought in the last 14 months we assumed it would be close to visas issued in dv2014.
Also, why don't they state what the regional limits are. If they can't give the absolute numbers, they could at least give % of the total.
This does seem to be a secret.

Okay, but they didn't issue just 50K last year.
If everyone expected just 50K to be issued, then I was wrong. I thought in the last 14 months we assumed it would be close to visas issued in dv2014.
Also, why don't they state what the regional limits are. If they can't give the absolute numbers, they could at least give % of the total.
This does seem to be a secret.

It doesn't matter what they issued last year. The fact of the matter is they meet the target when they issue 50k, and that is what they expect to issue, so your previous post about their limit being a secret doesn't follow just because "we assumed". Yes they usually more if they can,but the fact is they have done their job successfully when they issue 50k.

The formula for the regional quota is published somewhere and people have taken the time to work it out. Sometimes final numbers are different because they under issue on one region and make up for it in another. Then sometimes people assume one actual issuance was the quota and make an assumption for the following year based on that...
Given how people here react I'm not at all surprised they don't publish the numbers in breakdown, but you can work it out if you really want. Or find the posts here where others have done the work, I can't remember which poster it was now.

I called the Kentucky office today. They told me that they have all the interviews scheduled and that they stopped accepting DS-260 after 1st of July 2015. I am screwed as I filed DS-260 on 14th of July. My number was EU3800. I am going to try right now through Adjustment of Status (I live in US) but my gut is telling me that I missed my chance. Also, I am not sure whether to send the I-485 for AoS right now or they have to receive it after 1st of August because of my EU3800 number (August for Europe)