• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hi Lovely people!

Sorry been outta touch for a bit.. so much work to hand over and finish off before signing out from my fabulous work place here in Fiji.

Any Fiji DV2015'ers need help with some questions they would have or need any info... do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Oh! and I managed to sell my car.... For very cheap

Have blessed day

Hi Lovely people!

Sorry been outta touch for a bit.. so much work to hand over and finish off before signing out from my fabulous work place here in Fiji.

Any Fiji DV2015'ers need help with some questions they would have or need any info... do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Oh! and I managed to sell my car.... For very cheap

Have blessed day
@Pranish I will definitely need your assistance.

We were not asked but I did prepare for the proof of funds element. I created a Personal Financial Statement one pager that had assets and liabilities listed. For each asset and each liability, I had both an original and copy of the statement (so, for example, for our house I had our bank's valuation of the property and a copy of that valuation.

I included things like bank statements, superannuation statements, redbook values for our vehicles, my engagement / wedding ring insurance details, insurance statements for the contents of our home. It was absolute overkill but I felt alot better overdoing it as then I knew I couldn't do any more.

I'm happy to post a template of the Personal Financial Statement in our dropbox if people are interested.

There is no formal guidance re the amount per person. $10000 is a rough estimate of what it would cost you to get set up in the US and NOT find yourself in poverty (although I think it's pretty low still).
@EmilyW, will really appreciate you posting the template for us.

We were not asked but I did prepare for the proof of funds element. I created a Personal Financial Statement one pager that had assets and liabilities listed. For each asset and each liability, I had both an original and copy of the statement (so, for example, for our house I had our bank's valuation of the property and a copy of that valuation.

I included things like bank statements, superannuation statements, redbook values for our vehicles, my engagement / wedding ring insurance details, insurance statements for the contents of our home. It was absolute overkill but I felt alot better overdoing it as then I knew I couldn't do any more.

I'm happy to post a template of the Personal Financial Statement in our dropbox if people are interested.

There is no formal guidance re the amount per person. $10000 is a rough estimate of what it would cost you to get set up in the US and NOT find yourself in poverty (although I think it's pretty low still).

That would be great if you could - thanks @EmilyW

Hi all. We're not too far away from setting off and I have a question for those that have gone.

What did you do with your credit card in Aus if you had one? I've got one here with a nice chunky limit without a cent owing on it and wouldn't mind keeping it "just in case". Anyone have any reasons not to keep it? I could cancel it but if there's no important reason to do so, I might just keep it as a safety net for a couple of years until I'm up and running in the US.

Hi all. We're not too far away from setting off and I have a question for those that have gone.

What did you do with your credit card in Aus if you had one? I've got one here with a nice chunky limit without a cent owing on it and wouldn't mind keeping it "just in case". Anyone have any reasons not to keep it? I could cancel it but if there's no important reason to do so, I might just keep it as a safety net for a couple of years until I'm up and running in the US.
Yer it can't hurt to have one for a while at least as a safety blanket until you build some credit in the U.S. And get a card over there with a decent limit. I'd just be scarce when you use the Aussie one because from my experiences in the past. It's a bit time/money consuming paying off an Aussie card while over there via online transfers etc lol good luck

Redundancy: credit cards - we always have spare account cards locked in the office safe. So if travelling or immigrating, similarly it makes sense to keep a back-up plan active (ie: back-up emergency credit card - any nationality) ... just in case. I call it cheap insurance.

FYI - Sydney Consulate is pumping out the visas again. We noticed a CEAC change today. Very pleasing actually, since applicant wife had to get her passport from them for both business travel and AP travel in the middle of all this, and then post it back again. So the system seems to be working well again and quite quick now.

I'd keep it unless the annual fee is high.

I've been recommending people get the 28 Degrees Mastercard. There's no foreign currency conversion fee and no annual fee, so you can use it to buy everything until you get a US credit card (which will take six months). Then just leave it in your sock drawer for paying aussie bills online.

Also the Citibank debit card has no foreign currency fee for ATM withdrawals so it's good for transferring cash.

In general I'm going to leave everything in Australia. Who knows when you'll need a backup plan one day?

APPROVED!

So happy and excited! The process was so easy although as I'm sure most of you are aware there is lots of waiting around.

The only minor issue is that we won't have our VISA's issued for a month now because we decided to take our passports with us because of the delays (we have a trip booked to France in 17 working days) and the man who interviewed us didn't think we would have them back in time so suggested sending them in when we get back from our trip. Fingers crossed it doesn't cause any issues! Thanks for everyones help :)

APPROVED!

So happy and excited! The process was so easy although as I'm sure most of you are aware there is lots of waiting around.

The only minor issue is that we won't have our VISA's issued for a month now because we decided to take our passports with us because of the delays (we have a trip booked to France in 17 working days) and the man who interviewed us didn't think we would have them back in time so suggested sending them in when we get back from our trip. Fingers crossed it doesn't cause any issues! Thanks for everyones help :)
Congrats @NZLDNNY
Great to see perfect OC success rate on this forum.

Ok potentially silly question but do the 2nl's actually get sent out via email to your registered account? Or you just check our status online on the ceac website to gain the interview information?
Thanks guys