• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

If I filled the edv with my legally married wife's
name as Mrs and on her regular documents
including her passport she still has her maiden
name , do I have to do an affidavit (change of
name to Mrs Xxx and gazetted) or the marriage
certificate solves the Problem of Maiden name and after marriage name. ?

AFAIK and just like Susie said, in most places, the marriage certificate is enough for a woman to effect a change of name.

The only place where I can foresee a problem though is whenever she needs to travel with regards to name on passport not matching the GC. So I would suggest you take care of that now! Get a new passport with the marital name listed on it.

there is a saying that only the victorious enjoy writting history, but what ever happend cikaflexy shouldn't refuse to educate us. I hope those having interviews in the near future would not let us be searching for them like this after their interviews?
searching for people is not a new case here. we all have to note that, life goes on with or with green card.

Well the case that I am writing is not about me, but my relatives.
They too fell in the AP after not having high school certificates with them. They had the diploma, but not the certificates. They had the certificates at home, so they were pretty mad at themselves for not bringing them. Anyway, after 1 week the embassy scheduled them to bring the missing certificates. Its been almost 1 week since they are in AP after they submitted the certificates. I see that the date on their status is changing every day, which I am hoping the embassy is passing their case from one desk to the next, until they reach the final destination hopefully to be approved. Thus a lesson to all of you, bring more documents than needed in the interview, as a matter of fact bring everything you can think of, outside the documents that are neccessary - just in case. I'm pretty sure my relatives would have been approved if they had the certificates with them on the day of the interview. Because the CO told them everything else is fine...................
Good luck to all.

there is a saying that only the victorious enjoy writting history, but what ever happend cikaflexy shouldn't refuse to educate us. I hope those having interviews in the near future would not let us be searching for them like this after their interviews?

..I don’t mean to disrespect anyone but searching for people to narrate their interview experiences- good or bad, is not worthwhile. People join this forum on their own free will, not by coercion. If they wish to narrate their stories- good or bad, they will do so- It’s just adviseable they do.

Last edited:
..I don’t mean to disrespect anyone but searching for people to narrate their interview experiences- good or bad, is not worthwhile. People join this forum on their own free will, not by coercion. If they wish to narrate their stories- good or bad, they will do so- It’s just adviseable if they do.

I agree to a great extent, but this forum is a public shared resource. The information being shared here improves the collective knowledge and people should make an effort to contribute back to the group to pay it forward - and I believe that is what you mean by "just adviseable if they do"

Is Cikaflexy related to Scratches by any chance?

I agree to a great extent, but this forum is a public shared resource. The information being shared here improves the collective knowledge and people should make an effort to contribute back to the group to pay it forward - and I believe that is what you mean by "just adviseable if they do"

Exactly Britsimon. It’s adviseable they do because we learn from each other’s narratives and it prevents unnecessary dv refusals, APs..

Who is Scratches?

..I don’t mean to disrespect anyone but searching for people to narrate their interview experiences- good or bad, is not worthwhile. People join this forum on their own free will, not by coercion. If they wish to narrate their stories- good or bad, they will do so- It’s just adviseable they do.
You can help a brother by sharing your interview experience with him. People should not forget that guys like citizenk shared theirs not because they were approved but because the strength of this forum is based on it. If you don't tell me what's ahead on the road I might stumble like you. Let's be each others keeper whether good or bad.

You can help a brother by sharing your interview experience with him. People should not forget that guys like citizenk shared theirs not because they were approved but because the strength of this forum is based on it. If you don't tell me what's ahead on the road I might stumble like you. Let's be each others keeper whether good or bad.
What’s the basis of me saying “ it’s adviseable they do” if not to share info, help and educate each other?? Why do you think I shared my interview experience on this forum?

now who are the people you are trying not to disrespect? Members wishing to hear interview experience or members not willing to share interview experience?

Hahaha. Scratches is back on the forum, just that he is more careful this time. If you really want to know who he is, get to the point he was banned and read carefully the posts of those who joined after that.
Lol.. Yes he is back, he ‘never dies’ you know. He keeps evolving...