• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I don't remember if I said this but because the FO isn't local to me he suggested I could also call uscis customer service and ask the same questions, according to him they will have the same answers as him. That's not accurate right?

I think at the FO and on the phone there are two "levels" of people - first line and 2nd line. Mom could provide more info on that. The latter type will have more access - that is the type of person you need as they can answer things more completely. I would personally think you would have more chance of success in the FO - and a large number of times an infopass seems to create some activity.

I think at the FO and on the phone there are two "levels" of people - first line and 2nd line. Mom could provide more info on that. The latter type will have more access - that is the type of person you need as they can answer things more completely. I would personally think you would have more chance of success in the FO - and a large number of times an infopass seems to create some activity.

Ok thanks for explaining, I will stick with the info pass date

Hello Everyone,

We had an INFOPASS a week ago since we haven't heard anything since October. It was not very helpful. We ask about our status and if the file from KCC has been received. We where told the file did arrive just this week. Even KCC told me they send the file beginning of December last year. Anyway I did ask when we can expect the IL. The answer was that we should wait for 90 days and make another INFOPASS if we have not received the IL by than. I also ask if the DV cases can be expedited and was told, since there is plenty of time till September, they do not expedited cases.

We plan to travel oversees in June and since it's uncertain if we will have the GC by than we applying for AP. Quick question do we need a separate sheet explaining how we qualify for AP? What did you guys wrote?

Thank you all for your help.

Hello everybody and thank you for your help. i have a question, i emailed KCC in january to tell them that i want to change from aos to cp. here is their answer, "The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. When we have scheduled your interview, you will be required to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) to view your appointment notification. At that time, please verify that your appointment is scheduled for the correct post."
1) is it ok that it does appear on the ds-260?
2) how can i get my police report in the USA and how long does it take to have it?

Hello everybody and thank you for your help. i have a question, i emailed KCC in january to tell them that i want to change from aos to cp. here is their answer, "The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. When we have scheduled your interview, you will be required to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) to view your appointment notification. At that time, please verify that your appointment is scheduled for the correct post."
1) is it ok that it does appear on the ds-260?
2) how can i get my police report in the USA and how long does it take to have it?

1. Yes.
2. You don't provide a police report for the USA.

thank you so much. but i emailed the us consulate in my country and they ask a police for all the places you have lived for more than 6 months. i am confused, since i have in the us for more than 6 months

thank you so much. but i emailed the us consulate in my country and they ask a police for all the places you have lived for more than 6 months. i am confused, since i have in the us for more than 6 months

Yes that is the standard request (well, more than a year is standard, but anyway) - but you don't get a police certificate for the US because there is an FBI check done. This is explained in the DV rules, see below, and I'm sure the consulate in your country will confirm this - it may make you feel more at ease if you mail them again to comfirm this though?

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html
"Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States."

Last edited:

Regardless of what the consulate says, a PCC from the U.S. is not expected and they will not ask for it at the time of your interview. The PCC from all places lived in for over six months does not include the U.S.

Hello Everyone,

We had an INFOPASS a week ago since we haven't heard anything since October. It was not very helpful. We ask about our status and if the file from KCC has been received. We where told the file did arrive just this week. Even KCC told me they send the file beginning of December last year. Anyway I did ask when we can expect the IL. The answer was that we should wait for 90 days and make another INFOPASS if we have not received the IL by than. I also ask if the DV cases can be expedited and was told, since there is plenty of time till September, they do not expedited cases.

We plan to travel oversees in June and since it's uncertain if we will have the GC by than we applying for AP. Quick question do we need a separate sheet explaining how we qualify for AP? What did you guys wrote?

Thank you all for your help.

I hope you're aware that the AP approval typically takes about 2-3 months from when KCC officially accepts your AP petition? Are you also aware that applying for it now could potentially lead to a delay in approving your GC petition if you happen to get called for an interview while the AP petition is still pending? The best time to apply for the AP card is always when the I-485 gets sent in for anyone doing a DV based AOS.

Hello Guys,
I have been reading this for past couple weeks now. It is a great resource. I want to introduce myself and ask a couple questions.
Our situation: My wife and two kids are here under J1/J2 since 2013. My family is with me with J2 and little baby who is US citizen. I am applying for waiver based on no objection. Fingers crossed it will be given.
I am DV winner with very big number. 2015EU44XXX. I have been reading simons' blog as well and have been waiting to see how VB would progress before I apply for ds260 and show my intent.
At this point I have finished my degree and started a very good job here in US with J1 academic training valid till med 2016. I have also submitted ds 260 this week as AoS. I am running out of time and not sure if I will make it. Is there anything I should do now? Will it worth the effort?

Thanks I will keep updating you guys here.

Thanks for support.

My second question is at what point in the process I have to present some kind of decision regarding my j1 waiver.
I have only recently started the process and not sure when i will get it.

I hope you're aware that the AP approval typically takes about 2-3 months from when KCC officially accepts your AP petition? Are you also aware that applying for it now could potentially lead to a delay in approving your GC petition if you happen to get called for an interview while the AP petition is still pending? The best time to apply for the AP card is always when the I-485 gets sent in for anyone doing a DV based AOS.

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I did't know it will held back the GC process. So I guess I just wait and hope for the best.

Our case number was current in the first month of the FY. So I figured maybe three month to get the GC. If I had know it will take more than five months (June will be nine months) for the process I would have applied for AP together with I485. Or just do CP. Well lesson learned.

Hi everyone,

From the looks of it (maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself), my number (EU30,7XX) will become current in May. Unfortunately, because my work place is applying for my H1-B which means that traveling after April would be complicated (better safe than sorry), as well as because of the uncertainty of how much time I would have to take away from work, I will have to switch from CP to AOS.

I have emailed a request to the KCC on Friday (2/13/15) to reopen my DS-260 in order to be able to switch from CP to AOS, but they haven't yet replied (it's only Monday 2/16 though)... Does anyone have experience with reopening a DS-260, and how long would it take them?

Also, I understand that since a memo (?) was passed we can start processing as soon as the previous month's visa bulletin was published. Is that correct? And how do you go about that? (sorry, I do need to do a bit more reading, I am just extremely overwhelmed with the amount of information this second, was getting used to doing everything CP)

Extra question since I couldn't find it in the spreadsheet (though maybe I didn't look in the right place), do I not need the police records if I am doing AOS? (I've lived in Romania before I turned 19 and in the US ever since).

Thank you for your help!

Hello Guys,
I have been reading this for past couple weeks now. It is a great resource. I want to introduce myself and ask a couple questions.
Our situation: My wife and two kids are here under J1/J2 since 2013. My family is with me with J2 and little baby who is US citizen. I am applying for waiver based on no objection. Fingers crossed it will be given.
I am DV winner with very big number. 2015EU44XXX. I have been reading simons' blog as well and have been waiting to see how VB would progress before I apply for ds260 and show my intent.
At this point I have finished my degree and started a very good job here in US with J1 academic training valid till med 2016. I have also submitted ds 260 this week as AoS. I am running out of time and not sure if I will make it. Is there anything I should do now? Will it worth the effort?

Thanks I will keep updating you guys here.

Thanks for support.

The next steps will be to pay the DV administrative fee for yourself and your derivatives; and the medical exam (not necessarily in the order I listed).

As to whether it will be worth the effort or not, I don't know. Since you've been monitoring Simon's blog and you've waited long enough to weigh your chances of becoming current before submitting your DS forms, you'll have to make the judgement call also whether to begin to commit financial resources to the process or not.

My second question is at what point in the process I have to present some kind of decision regarding my j1 waiver.
I have only recently started the process and not sure when i will get it.

It has to be included with your I-485 package.

Hi everyone,

From the looks of it (maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself), my number (EU30,7XX) will become current in May. Unfortunately, because my work place is applying for my H1-B which means that traveling after April would be complicated (better safe than sorry), as well as because of the uncertainty of how much time I would have to take away from work, I will have to switch from CP to AOS.

I have emailed a request to the KCC on Friday (2/13/15) to reopen my DS-260 in order to be able to switch from CP to AOS, but they haven't yet replied (it's only Monday 2/16 though)... Does anyone have experience with reopening a DS-260, and how long would it take them?

Also, I understand that since a memo (?) was passed we can start processing as soon as the previous month's visa bulletin was published. Is that correct? And how do you go about that? (sorry, I do need to do a bit more reading, I am just extremely overwhelmed with the amount of information this second, was getting used to doing everything CP)

Extra question since I couldn't find it in the spreadsheet (though maybe I didn't look in the right place), do I not need the police records if I am doing AOS? (I've lived in Romania before I turned 19 and in the US ever since).

Thank you for your help!

If the only change you need to make is a switch from CP to AOS, you don't need to request for the DS form to be unlocked as you can't make that change on the form. You will need to email KCC and inform them of that change. Of course you haven't had any response since you only emailed on Friday, and Monday was a public holiday in most places anyways.

Regarding filing, follow the instructions on the spreadsheet and yes, spend more time reading postings on this thread for a better understanding of the process.

PCC is not required for AOS, that's why it's not on the spreadsheet.

Hi guys,

First of all I want thank everyone in this forum, I was so lucky to find this resource at the beginning of my process. Thank you so much Sm1smom for those detailed instructions, without them I wouldn't make it. I was reading this forum religiously to see if my case is processed within the time and just to calm myself down when my nerves started playing hard. BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!!
Yesterday I got my CPO, I waited 8 calendar days after my interview to get any update. To say I was worried is to say nothing. But i got it, better later than never. YAHOO!

I will post my timeline below. Like ndubs I was assigned to Queens field office that was closed later on and moved to 26 Federal Plaza, 8th floor.
so my case number is 2015EU000002xxx I became current in october.
10/20/2014 - package sent to Chicago lockbox
10/27/2014 - acceptance email
10/28/2014 - checks cashed
11/3/2014 - noa letter
11/8/2014 - bio letter received(date of the letter 10/31/2014)
11/12/2014 - bio walk-in (the actual appointment was for 11/17/2014)
01/15/2015 - field office requested my file
01/28/2015 - interview letter received (date of the letter 01/20/2015)
02/09/2015 - interview
02/17/2015 - CPO

The interview itself was very short and easy. My appointment was at 9.45 AM. At 9.10 I was already passing through security check. At 9.20 checked in, got my number and was waiting in the waiting room. Surprisingly there were very few people waiting. At 10AM my number was called. Officer took me to the room I took the oath, she asked me what school do I go to, when was my first time visiting USA, in what status ( I came in 2011 and never left the country, changed status), then she checked if I have all the appropriate documents like change of status, my I-20, transcript from school. I had a feeling she was more concerned if I am in legal status. Then she asked how many times did I play the lottery, how do people find out that they one. After she looked through my sponsor's papers, she asked who is that generous person :) And finally she went through all the questions from I485. Then she said that before approving she needs to look through all my papers again and see my background check. She didn't take any of my papers like I-94 she didn't right anything in my passport, she gave standard "Notice of interview results" letter, with first box checked (your case is being held for review) and that was it. I left the room at 10.15.

Then I was waiting long 8 days before hearing anything. I don't know what took her so long to approve my case...maybe the fact that she was not very knowledgeable about dv-lottery, or that office changed location or something else. But yesterday I got my CPO. Thank God!!!!

Anyways, thank you all very much. Congratulations to those who got their green card, and good luck to those who have interview in the future.

Hi guys,

First of all I want thank everyone in this forum, I was so lucky to find this resource at the beginning of my process. Thank you so much Sm1smom for those detailed instructions, without them I wouldn't make it. I was reading this forum religiously to see if my case is processed within the time and just to calm myself down when my nerves started playing hard. BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!!
Yesterday I got my CPO, I waited 8 calendar days after my interview to get any update. To say I was worried is to say nothing. But i got it, better later than never. YAHOO!

I will post my timeline below. Like ndubs I was assigned to Queens field office that was closed later on and moved to 26 Federal Plaza, 8th floor.
so my case number is 2015EU000002xxx I became current in october.
10/20/2014 - package sent to Chicago lockbox
10/27/2014 - acceptance email
10/28/2014 - checks cashed
11/3/2014 - noa letter
11/8/2014 - bio letter received(date of the letter 10/31/2014)
11/12/2014 - bio walk-in (the actual appointment was for 11/17/2014)
01/15/2015 - field office requested my file
01/28/2015 - interview letter received (date of the letter 01/20/2015)
02/09/2015 - interview
02/17/2015 - CPO

The interview itself was very short and easy. My appointment was at 9.45 AM. At 9.10 I was already passing through security check. At 9.20 checked in, got my number and was waiting in the waiting room. Surprisingly there were very few people waiting. At 10AM my number was called. Officer took me to the room I took the oath, she asked me what school do I go to, when was my first time visiting USA, in what status ( I came in 2011 and never left the country, changed status), then she checked if I have all the appropriate documents like change of status, my I-20, transcript from school. I had a feeling she was more concerned if I am in legal status. Then she asked how many times did I play the lottery, how do people find out that they one. After she looked through my sponsor's papers, she asked who is that generous person :) And finally she went through all the questions from I485. Then she said that before approving she needs to look through all my papers again and see my background check. She didn't take any of my papers like I-94 she didn't right anything in my passport, she gave standard "Notice of interview results" letter, with first box checked (your case is being held for review) and that was it. I left the room at 10.15.

Then I was waiting long 8 days before hearing anything. I don't know what took her so long to approve my case...maybe the fact that she was not very knowledgeable about dv-lottery, or that office changed location or something else. But yesterday I got my CPO. Thank God!!!!

Anyways, thank you all very much. Congratulations to those who got their green card, and good luck to those who have interview in the future.

This is awesome! A BIG congratulations to you. And thank you for coming out and sharing your story which people like @ndubs and others in similar situation will find encouraging, I hope.

p.s. Please update the timeline spreadsheet if you haven't done so already.