• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

TYT
My dear brother there is a feeling that u never actually faced the CO. Coz prior to facing the CO they request for all your documents passport, birth certificate n other documents.... then they take your fingerprints n finally you are called to face the CO. There is a widespread feeling that after taking your documents....u left the EMBASSY. Is this the case?

We had that discussion - he described the interview process.

sorry for sharing my experience here. okay? Since u guys dnt believe me!! Am out.
@tyt no need to feel exasperated . we are all trying to help in whichever way we can. the stress may be much and the waiting hell but eventually by end of 30th Sept you shall have an answer. i wish you would get the answers earlier but so far nothing very promising has materilized. we get the agony in waiting but be brave and have heart. you have been patient this long, a few extra days is not much.

Reactions: tyt
sorry for sharing my experience here. okay? Since u guys dnt believe me!! Am out.
It's not over until it's over! Not that we don't believe you, we believe you. We are just trying to dig up for answers & trying to understand what is happening or what happened but unfortunately we only meet in this forum and not in a town hall forum!

Thank you for your email dated July 7, 2014
regarding your diversity
visa application. At this time, the case is still
undergoing
administrative processing.
While we try to complete our cases within 30 days,
it is not unusual
for them to take 90 days or more.
Unfortunately,
we cannot provide you with a time frame as
to when the administrative processing will be
complete. Please know that we are aware of
your
concerns and are
working on the case. Once the processing is
complete, we will contact you with instructions on how to proceed. We hope this
information is helpful to you. If you
have further
questions or concerns, please do not hesitate
to
contact our office at ConsularFreetown@state.gov<mailto: ConsularFreetown@state.gov>. Sincerely, Consular Section
U.S. Embassy
Freetown, Sierra Leone

hallow folks my interview went ok and will be posting my interview tomorrow ,its pretty much the same routine as the others but will post it for all those who were waitin to hear the good news from akelloh ,sorry guys for the long silence but will post it 2morrow and thanks once again to everyone in this beautiful forum ,remember God loves you and be blessed folks

Congratulations, bro. We thank God for the good news.

TYT
As u realize most of us here are East AFRICANS n from my discourse with you it seems that procedures differ from Embassy to Embassy. When you face the CO here u r given any of the following; A green paper (when you have been accepted), A pink paper(when you are put on AP) or a Yellow paper- when its outright denial. There is a reason y u are on AP is told to you thee n then, the reason you denied is also told to you as well. All that was given to you was a receipt of $330....n none of the above. That is why my dear am having doubts if u actually faced the CO. From all our experiences....
1. We get a number say C 408
2. Get Get called n we submit our stipulated documents - these you know.
3. We are told to make payment of $330 n r issued a receipt
4. We are called to take our Finger prints n then told to wait for the CO.
5. Finally we meet the CO who interviews you n finally gives u their verdict...outcome of which is the green, pink or yellow paper.
From what you say as per our understanding u stopped at part 3. Coz that is what we can relate to.
Please Ghanaman or somebody else from West AFRICA r those the procedures you also follow? Coz the reason u give is that u r on AP because u only put Freetown as your address n not your actual Fathers address. That is the only error u mentioned. Another thing I am optimistic about your situation u said many people on your day of interview had their passports returned to them.... you where the only one whose passport was retained n all your documents.... either you shall get a VISA or still you stopped at point 3.
My final question is do they give you any paper after facing the CO n your passports r they handled by DHL or it's a direct pick up at the EMBASSY?
Please Ademeyoh n Ghanaman expound on these procedures r they similar with what you have there in West AFRICA or we have some differences...n where.
Thanks. TYT don't get mad coz now we r only looking at your case n we wanna know y the cause if the Agony coz you being our brother here we are feeling it as well n we wanna come to the bottom of things.

TYT
As u realize most of us here are East AFRICANS n from my discourse with you it seems that procedures differ from Embassy to Embassy. When you face the CO here u r given any of the following; A green paper (when you have been accepted), A pink paper(when you are put on AP) or a Yellow paper- when its outright denial. There is a reason y u are on AP is told to you thee n then, the reason you denied is also told to you as well. All that was given to you was a receipt of $330....n none of the above. That is why my dear am having doubts if u actually faced the CO. From all our experiences....
5. Finally we meet the CO who interviews you n finally gives u their verdict...outcome of which is the green, pink or yellow paper.
From what you say as per our understanding u stopped at part 3. Coz that is what we can relate to.
Please Ghanaman or somebody else from West AFRICA r those the procedures you also follow? Coz the reason u give is that u r on AP because u only put Freetown as your address n not your actual Fathers address. That is the only error u mentioned. Another thing I am optimistic about your situation u said many people on your day of interview had their passports returned to them.... you where the only one whose passport was retained n all your documents.... either you shall get a VISA or still you stopped at point 3.
My final question is do they give you any paper after facing the CO n your passports r they handled by DHL or it's a direct pick up at the EMBASSY?
Please Ademeyoh n Ghanaman expound on these procedures r they similar with what you have there in West AFRICA or we have some differences...n where.
Thanks. TYT don't get mad coz now we r only looking at your case n we wanna know y the cause if the Agony coz you being our brother here we are feeling it as well n we wanna come to the bottom of things.

Arnold, I realise you are trying to help TYT, but did you see the mail he received that he posted above? It isn't only TYT that believes he is on AP, the embassy also thinks he is...

TYT
We shall keep asking you not to annoy u but to really understand y u r put on AP. Family, Rodgers n anyone else give reasons y they r on AP. Your situation is unique.... u feel victimized. Y - we want to know. All u tell us that missing address as the reason y u r on AP.

Arnold, I realise you are trying to help TYT, but did you see the mail he received that he posted above? It isn't only TYT that believes he is on AP, the embassy also thinks he is...
Britsimon,
Am perplexed really. Y retain his passport? Why is he on AP then?... can we get another person from Sierraleone to also share their experience?

TYT

This whole discussion and speculation on this has been spoken about endlessly and dealt with long ago.
Also don't assume all embassies do the same thing with DHL or pickup just because they are in the same region. They don't.

Britsimon,
Am perplexed really. Y retain his passport? Why is he on AP then?... can we get another person from Sierraleone to also share their experience?

Why retain his passport? Usually that is because the reason for AP is something they think is easily resolvable and they expect to issue the visa. Plenty people around the world, myself included, have left passports at the embassy while on AP and later received visas. Sometimes the issue isn't as easy as they thought it was. I guess this is one of those cases.

Am sorry TYT but I blive there's light at end or the tunnel, so far i think your case one of the few remaining as we close 2014 DV program i pray God will come your way soonest! but I also once suggested earlier that if emails and calls to the EMB does not work yu can schedule for an appointment avail yua self and I blive yu will have accurate and ample time to express yua case i wish may be yu had tried this one and maybe could ve worked,dont get angry tho its been very painful for yu bro its not over yet rmember God makes a way where seems to be no way keep the spirit alive bro!

We all feel the same way Arnold but none of us know what caused his AP.
I think I have read his interview experience but still you get to feel there could be a loose peg somewhere. This DV experience can also be an unbearable cross. I really feel for him it's so sad n stressful. But I don't think he is going to be denied. Something good is going to come out of it.

Why retain his passport? Usually that is because the reason for AP is something they think is easily resolvable and they expect to issue the visa. Plenty people around the world, myself included, have left passports at the embassy while on AP and later received visas. Sometimes the issue isn't as easy as they thought it was. I guess this is one of those cases.
Ironic as it may sound when I did my interview I started tracking my case on the CEAC site. It read Ready then AP then Issued... normally when your passport is in line for printing it's termed as AP as well. So guess what I too have been on AP once. :p:p:p