• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

If he filled not married he can make thru but he will need a consent or an affidavit from his wife that he can immigrate with the children so he will need to explain n cooperate wth his wife .

If he filled not married he can make thru but he will need a consent or an affidavit from his wife that he can immigrate with the children so he will need to explain n cooperate wth his wife .

Completely incorrect.
If he was married he needed to have filled her name in even if she was not and is not going to get a visa.
This is very clearly explained both in the instructions on the form, and for selectees, in fact theyspecifically say don't proceed with the application if this situation applies to you because you will be disqualified:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas. For more information, see the DV Instructions.

I have just called the guy,he filled NOT MARRIED on the DS forms.I tend to think he shd have filled divorced/separated??what if he secures an affidavit showing the date of separation was way off before the application?

I have just called the guy,he filled NOT MARRIED on the DS forms.I tend to think he shd have filled divorced/separated??what if he secures an affidavit showing the date of separation was way off before the application?
Doesn't the details show on the birth certificate of the kids ?!
If they find out that he was married and he put not married. Its a good bye.
Honestly I think he has no chance to make it.
Keep us posted

If he had a legal separation before the date of the entry form he will be ok. It must be a legal document though. I don't think an affidavit signed now will help him to be honest.
There was actually a case we heard about recently here of someone who had divorced his wife by the interview, had put divorced on the application but because they had not actually legally been divorced at the time of entry he was denied.

A sworn affidavit will not do anything in this case.

Does it sound odd a man staying wth children even if he z not officially married to the mother or vise versa, suppose thy decided for children to stay wth dad but neva get married,that's where affidavit and consent from the mother z coming in .

Does it sound odd a man staying wth children even if he z not officially married to the mother or vise versa, suppose thy decided for children to stay wth dad but neva get married,that's where affidavit and consent from the mother z coming in .

COs are not stupid or dump! They are trained to ask specific questions which will eventually reveal if the applicant is lying or not. They take into consideration the applicable laws, rules and way of life within the community in which the applicant lives. And it's not a smart idea to ask someone to pile up lies upon lie, it will eventually crumble.

Its a wasted chance.lets wait for 18th sept.

I agree with others that it is going to end up with denial. He also will be facing the fct that visas will be in short supply, so it is unlikely they will have one for him EVEN IF he could get over the issues he has created for himself.

I assume the DV fees are a lot of money to waste, but if he wants to throw money away that is his choice....

I wonder who said even people wth complicated marital cases their visas never approved without even put on APs! there was a guy in this forum who had been denied twice for B1 visa, status as married and he won as single when he was asked about his previous status as married he said the wife left for Canada couple of years back n neva communicated again so he does regard her as a wife anymore thats why he applied as single! who said hard cases are not approved?? this COs are also humans so long as yua case apply some sense.

I wonder who said even people wth complicated marital cases their visas never approved without even put on APs! there was a guy in this forum who had been denied twice for B1 visa, status as married and he won as single when he was asked about his previous status as married he said the wife left for Canada couple of years back n neva communicated again so he does regard her as a wife anymore thats why he applied as single! who said hard cases are not approved?? this COs are also humans so long as yua case apply some sense.

I have read about a guy on the internet who said he saw the Loch Ness monster playing with some martians on a beach. It must be true because the internet auditors checks everything that people write for accuracy.

I have read about a guy on the internet who said he saw the Loch Ness monster playing with some martians on a beach. It must be true because the internet auditors checks everything that people write for accuracy.

Yeah, I've noticed there are a lot of "I heard about this guy..." DV posts. The funny thing is, "this guy" is never, ever the one posting...always a friend of a friend of his...

He never said he was married! He told the CO that he was "cohabiting" with one. That marriage wasn't legal before the law.

Hi guys, very helpful posts here. I have a question, am trying to check the status of my visa but the CEAC tracker says invalid case number. I was under AP awaiting to send the COGC and I already sent it and it was received. The passports were also received about two weeks ago. When I check the DHL registration, it says no way bill information available. Where else do I check the status of the visa? Please help

But his D160 on B1 application form indicated he was married then later as a single on dv interv jorji,so the CO was not to rely on "cohabiting" than on his status as married on D160 and since he gave a sensible reason his visa was approved what I meant z that it does not mean yua case z complicated cannot go thru!!

Hi guys, very helpful posts here. I have a question, am trying to check the status of my visa but the CEAC tracker says invalid case number. I was under AP awaiting to send the COGC and I already sent it and it was received. The passports were also received about two weeks ago. When I check the DHL registration, it says no way bill information available. Where else do I check the status of the visa? Please help
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

If you number for exemple is :
2014AF000055555
Take off the zeros like this :
2014AF55555
And your case will appear.
Good luck

Yeah, I've noticed there are a lot of "I heard about this guy..." DV posts. The funny thing is, "this guy" is never, ever the one posting...always a friend of a friend of his...
Hey Susie, welcome to Africa, that's how we do, I heard that my cousin's sister's mother's grand father's friend….hahahahaha