• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

yeah, there are various different tactics on how to address difficult questions some officials tends to avoid them (that doesn't stop us form reaching a conclusion anyway),
some others - the brave ones - quite contrary - are not afraid to tell the truth ...

yeah, there are various different tactics on how to address difficult questions some officials tends to avoid them (that doesn't stop us form reaching a conclusion anyway),
some others - the brave ones - quite contrary - are not afraid to tell the truth ...

This video was uploaded from Ukraine liars.:D
I like to expose these fakes.
Note. By mutual consent of the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation and the Commander of the Ukrainian Navy, temporary stationing ships in Sevastopol harbor, as well as the sharing of objects repairing.
Overall the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine servicemen - 25 thousand. People, including 1,987 people in the marines and naval aviation ground-based.
Within the main base of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation managing internal and external raid, control input and output to the database, ensure the safe mode of navigation of ships and vessels operating from KP Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation and KP of the Naval Forces of Ukraine in accordance with the rules of the raid service which will be announced by joint order of the commanders. http://русская-сила.рф/others/srf2.shtml Are there any questions?
When you do not know the laws better to remain silent and not to lie. I do not about you, but about the video.

This video was uploaded from Ukraine liars.:D
I like to expose these fakes.
Note. By mutual consent of the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation and the Commander of the Ukrainian Navy, temporary stationing ships in Sevastopol harbor, as well as the sharing of objects repairing.
Overall the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine servicemen - 25 thousand. People, including 1,987 people in the marines and naval aviation ground-based.
Within the main base of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation managing internal and external raid, control input and output to the database, ensure the safe mode of navigation of ships and vessels operating from KP Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation and KP of the Naval Forces of Ukraine in accordance with the rules of the raid service which will be announced by joint order of the commanders. http://русская-сила.рф/others/srf2.shtml Are there any questions?
When you do not know the laws better to remain silent and not to lie. I do not about you, but about the video.

Sloner you didn't get my post at all, didn't you?

It was not about on what really happened in Ukraine, and I'm quite sure - judging from your post- that we can argue for weeks about this .
This is not political forum so I will leave this one out everyone has made his / her opinion already (facts are in front of our eyes
- well documented).

Now let me clarify my intent, you tend to post stuff often unrelated to the DV lottery which clearly
aim to downgrade (directly or inderictly) american way of life, we would all agree that there is no political establishment
who gets it right, however Americans managed to do a little better than many other countries done,
that's why most of us (including you) have been seeking to settle there (or at least to try to do that).

I have access to Russian TV and I'm old enough (being East European) to know the language
so I understand where are you coming from however please leave this forum free from the "propaganda"
you are guys feed up with in there. Many forum readers appreciate your input on DV process itself
it seems that at this point you are upset on the US government b/s of the well know "KFC" planning failure.
I'm not happy with them either, lets try to focus on the lottery itself, though, who knows what next few
weeks might bring in.

It was not about on what really happened in Ukraine, and I'm quite sure - judging from your post- that we can argue for weeks about this .
This is not political forum so I will leave this one out everyone has made his / her opinion already (facts are in front of our eyes
- well documented).

Now let me clarify my intent, you tend to post stuff often unrelated to the DV lottery which clearly
aim to downgrade (directly or inderictly) american way of life, we would all agree that there is no political establishment
who gets it right, however Americans managed to do a little better than many other countries done,
that's why most of us (including you) have been seeking to settle there (or at least to try to do that).

I have access to Russian TV and I'm old enough (being East European) to know the language
so I understand where are you coming from however please leave this forum free from the "propaganda"
you are guys feed up with in there. Many forum readers appreciate your input on DV process itself
it seems that at this point you are upset on the US government b/s of the well know "KFC" planning failure.
I'm not happy with them either, lets try to focus on the lottery itself, though, who knows what next few
weeks might bring in.

I can only imagine what this was in response to but this is why I have him on ignore - he's turned into one big sour grapes machine since missing out on his visa - if he had made the cutoff he would be busy preparing for the move and regaling us all with tales about the land of milk and honey.

I'm sure there are forum rules somewhere about keeping threads on topic.

- well documented).

weeks might bring in.
you do it again started. Led video deceitful, I proved it. Everything.
To the ordinary citizen, I'm all over the world well. In the United States there are many great people. Yes, I criticize the government and it is fully consistent with the topic.
I can only imagine what this was in response to but this is why I have him on ignore - he's turned into one big sour grapes machine since missing out on his visa - if he had made the cutoff he would be busy preparing for the move and regaling us all with tales about the land of milk and honey.

I'm sure there are forum rules somewhere about keeping threads on topic.
you are deeply mistaken. When you see one side of the part creates a false impression.

Ok, I got my visas, all of them, I already paid the $165 fee online for each of my family members and my flight is schedule for september 3rd, the lady at the embassy told me that if we dont travel before the last day of september the visa will be cancelled because the DV visas are only good until that date.
Now, questions:

I have the brown envelopes and the passports, do I need anything else to travel?
I already paid the $165 for each online, do I need to print anything or does it need any follow up?
When I get to the states do I need to do anything else to get my SS# and Green Card?
For how long is the green card going to be valid?
Do I have to wait until I get the social security number by mail to start working?

Thank you!

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/denials.html

After the Interview
Important Notice

Do not sell your house, car or property, resign from your job or make non-refundable flight or other travel arrangements until you have received your immigrant visa.
At the end of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Visa approval - When approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.
Visa denial - If denied, you will be informed why you are ineligible to receive a visa. Review About Visa Denials below and the Denials webpage for more detailed information.

Visa Approval - When You Receive Your Visa
Passport with Visa – Your immigrant visa will be placed on a page in your passport. Please review the printed information right away to make sure there are no errors. If there are any spelling errors, contact the embassy or consulate promptly.
Sealed Immigrant Packet - You will also receive a sealed packet containing documents that you must present to U.S. Customs and Border Protection at a port-of-entry (often an airport) upon your arrival in the United States. You must not open the sealed packet.
When You Should Travel - You must arrive and apply for admission in the United States no later than the visa expiration date printed on your visa.An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the date of issuance unless your medical examination expires sooner, which may make your visa valid for less than six months.
USCIS Immigrant Fee - You must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you receive your immigrant visa and before you travel to the United States. Only children who enter the United States under the Orphan or Hague adoption programs, Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants, returning residents (SB-1s), and those issued K visas are exempt from this fee. Select USCIS Immigrant Fee on the USCIS website for more information. Important Notice: USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551 or Green Card) until you have paid the fee.
Vaccination Records - Children are required to have certain vaccinations before they can enroll in school in the United States. Therefore, it is recommended that your child have complete vaccination records before immigrating. Learn about vaccination requirements by state on the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website under State Vaccination Requirements.
X-rays – Must be hand-carried with you, not packed in your luggage.

Should we take the X Rays with us?

Ok, I got my visas, all of them, I already paid the $165 fee online for each of my family members and my flight is schedule for september 3rd, the lady at the embassy told me that if we dont travel before the last day of september the visa will be cancelled because the DV visas are only good until that date.
Now, questions:

I have the brown envelopes and the passports, do I need anything else to travel?
I already paid the $165 for each online, do I need to print anything or does it need any follow up?
When I get to the states do I need to do anything else to get my SS# and Green Card?
For how long is the green card going to be valid?
Do I have to wait until I get the social security number by mail to start working?

Thank you!

What is the expiry date on your visa? Unless it's 30 Sept, it's nonsense that you need to travel by then. In any case:
Be sure to keep your brown envelopes with you and not pack them.
Don't need to print anything re the $165 fee, it doesn't have anything to do with entry.
Technically no but a few people report not receiving SS card (should arrive within 2 weeks) and your green card should arrive in about 2 months after entry.
The green card is valid for 10 years. You will still be LPR after that (if you have not taken citizenship yet) but would need a new card
No.

What is the expiry date on your visa? Unless it's 30 Sept, it's nonsense that you need to travel by then. In any case:
Be sure to keep your brown envelopes with you and not pack them.
Don't need to print anything re the $165 fee, it doesn't have anything to do with entry.
Technically no but a few people report not receiving SS card (should arrive within 2 weeks) and your green card should arrive in about 2 months after entry.
The green card is valid for 10 years. You will still be LPR after that (if you have not taken citizenship yet) but would need a new card
No.

SusieQQQ you are Amazing!

Thank you!

I think 30 Sept it's the last day in which he could request a visa.(in case if he would lose the passport, let' say). It was mentioned in the instructions I received from the embassy.

I think 30 Sept it's the last day in which he could request a visa.(in case if he would lose the passport, let' say). It was mentioned in the instructions I received from the embassy.

I know that and you know that but "the lady at the embassy" doesn't seem to know that. Read what he wrote.

I'm really sorry for the fellow forum-members that missed out. :( I really hoped that at least for some regions we would see some movement in September. Alas, that didn't happen. :(

Its any chance for visa bulletin changes for september or will be tje same number for Eu, in wich day can be shown. Thnx

I know that and you know that but "the lady at the embassy" doesn't seem to know that. Read what he wrote.

The lady was very clear, the visa says that expire on January 1st 2015 but the last day to travel and activate the package that they gave me is september 30th 2014, after that is not operable by the system since the visa time for that year is expired, the whole process has to be finished by september 30th 2014 and that includes entering the USA.

After I left from picking up my passports I got a call from someone at the embassy reminding me that, and that I must flight before that day or I will be loosing everything.

Im fliying september 3rd just in case.

The lady was very clear, the visa says that expire on January 1st 2015 but the last day to travel and activate the package that they gave me is september 30th 2014, after that is not operable by the system since the visa time for that year is expired, the whole process has to be finished by september 30th 2014 and that includes entering the USA.

After I left from picking up my passports I got a call from someone at the embassy reminding me that, and that I must flight before that day or I will be loosing everything.

Im fliying september 3rd just in case.

When will your medical expire? Usually the visa expiry should already take that into account, but maybe that's what they are referring to.