• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Excellent. No issues? Will you post an interview experience please as they can be helpful to others....
The interview was really smooth sailing thanks to all the time I have dedicated reading all you guys valuable contributions on the forum, you guys are doing tremendous job which was one of the chief reasons I was well prepared for the interview and managed to gather all the requirements on time including I-134, which is one the major requirements in this part of the world and many AP are due to unavailability of it.
For the DV interview there were mainly middle aged Iranians couples were present who could barely speak single word of English, I was the only one from Nepal however the presence to Nepali Security Officers (Gurkhas, that’s what we are famous for) and constant chatting to them left me feeling that I was not along there. My interview may be one of the shortest interviews in the history of DV as I was asked barely couple of questions and my time was over in 2 minutes. The actual questions asked wereas follows.
  1. How long have you been living in UAE?
  2. Have you ever lived more than 6 months outside UAE and Nepal? (this was the only question asked to my spouse)
  3. Who filled the I-134 for you?
    “I said it was my brother”, she asked “is he your own blood brother with same parents?” I replied “Yes”
  4. How long has your brother been living in US and does he have house or flat?
(When I told her that he actually won the DV lottery 10 years back, she commented that we were lucky family then I added, “Actually my cousin also won the lottery this year and got his visa right here from Abu Dhabi 2 months back” when she heard that she was truly astonished.
That was it, after that we signed the papers and she handed us a pick slip and told us to come back on Sunday the 17th Aug for visa collection.
That was my whole experience and the long wait since last May 6th, 2013(day I realized I won the DV) is finally over and I feel so lucky cause I only about 40 number below the Nepal cut off……….. :)

Hjkarki,

I know Im way ahead of time, but was it difficult to get the police clearance/certificate in UAE?
tua

Not at all, actually that was one of the easiest thing in the whole process, we got a police station in our area within walking distance which open 24 hours! I just went there and applied and got it in 2 days!!! The service of government offices in Dubai is excellent, they even sent me SMS saying my report is ready for collection!! :p

The interview was really smooth sailing thanks to all the time I have dedicated reading all you guys valuable contributions on the forum, you guys are doing tremendous job which was one of the chief reasons I was well prepared for the interview and managed to gather all the requirements on time including I-134, which is one the major requirements in this part of the world and many AP are due to unavailability of it.
For the DV interview there were mainly middle aged Iranians couples were present who could barely speak single word of English, I was the only one from Nepal however the presence to Nepali Security Officers (Gurkhas, that’s what we are famous for) and constant chatting to them left me feeling that I was not along there. My interview may be one of the shortest interviews in the history of DV as I was asked barely couple of questions and my time was over in 2 minutes. The actual questions asked wereas follows.
  1. How long have you been living in UAE?
  2. Have you ever lived more than 6 months outside UAE and Nepal? (this was the only question asked to my spouse)
  3. Who filled the I-134 for you?
    “I said it was my brother”, she asked “is he your own blood brother with same parents?” I replied “Yes”
  4. How long has your brother been living in US and does he have house or flat?
(When I told her that he actually won the DV lottery 10 years back, she commented that we were lucky family then I added, “Actually my cousin also won the lottery this year and got his visa right here from Abu Dhabi 2 months back” when she heard that she was truly astonished.
That was it, after that we signed the papers and she handed us a pick slip and told us to come back on Sunday the 17th Aug for visa collection.
That was my whole experience and the long wait since last May 6th, 2013(day I realized I won the DV) is finally over and I feel so lucky cause I only about 40 number below the Nepal cut off……….. :)

Yeah, when you have all the paperwork ready, the interviews are often really fast. Way cool! Congratulations once again!

Interesting wording on the Nairobi US embassy website.

"Very Important Note about the DV-2014 season: The US government made 50,000 visas available for those selected for the DV-2014 season. Interviews for the DV-2014 program began in October 2013 and will conclude September 30, 2014. As the DV program instructions clearly note, once all of the 50,000 diversity visas have been issued, the program will end. Effective immediately, diversity visas are no longer available for applicants who were unable to attend their original interview appointment as numbers have been exhausted. Only those applicants whose first scheduled interview appointment is in August or September 2014 will still be interviewed for eligibility for a diversity visa. Applicants whose first scheduled interview appointment is in August or September 2014 must maintain this original appointment in order to be considered for a diversity visa.

Applicants who already attended their interview but whose file was incomplete are no longer guaranteed to receive a diversity visa. These applicants will be contacted before September 30 for a final decision.'

Pretty good confirmation that resolving AP cases are risky and rescheduled interviews are also risky....

"Very Important Note about the DV-2014 season: The US government made 50,000 visas available for those selected for the DV-2014 season. Interviews for the DV-2014 program began in October 2013 and will conclude September 30, 2014. As the DV program instructions clearly note, once all of the 50,000 diversity visas have been issued, the program will end. Effective immediately, diversity visas are no longer available for applicants who were unable to attend their original interview appointment as numbers have been exhausted. Only those applicants whose first scheduled interview appointment is in August or September 2014 will still be interviewed for eligibility for a diversity visa. Applicants whose first scheduled interview appointment is in August or September 2014 must maintain this original appointment in order to be considered for a diversity visa.

Applicants who already attended their interview but whose file was incomplete are no longer guaranteed to receive a diversity visa. These applicants will be contacted before September 30 for a final decision.'

Pretty good confirmation that resolving AP cases are risky and rescheduled interviews are also risky....

Makes it absolutely clear and official.
Aps loses their slots.
And the ones that got scheduled are safe for an interview.

In addition to rescheduling being risky, this to me sounds like they're telling people, 'you've only got one shot, make it count'. Those with confirmed August/Sept 'first scheduled interviews' equally stand the risk of not getting a visa if they show up with incomplete/missing paper work.

Yeah, not that I am suggesting that the Nairobi embassy are running the whole DV lottery process according to their rules - BUT it does confirm what we have suspected/surmised.

I think it's a fairly safe bet that they have been instructed to run it this way and therefore that similar measures are being implemented at other embassies.
What does this mean for you and the others still to do AOS, Simon??

I think it's a fairly safe bet that they have been instructed to run it this way and therefore that similar measures are being implemented at other embassies.
Since the APs are no more garanteed a visa, the late AOS have definitely a better chance.
That's according to the Data numbers.
That's how I see it.

Well I hope that they have accounted for us already Susie, or that we can at least get visas while visas are being handed out, but I guess we don't know for sure. I'll let you know in 2 or 3 weeks time!!