• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Thanks but the link you gave me leads nowhere.

Well get off your butt and look through the links from the top of the page then. Considering how incredibly rude you have been to us consider yourself lucky to get this amount of help.

Guys got this email from kcc The first appointments will not begin until October 2014, soo guys remember to include your traveling documents

My sponsor called the Kentucky consular asking them if they will send interviews according to case numbers,they told her that they will be sending interviews on first come first served basis and so they will not be following numbers,they gave her a reason to this was because some of the selected failed to submit their application due to lack of funds so when they follow case numbers other cases appear dormant so lets pray they don't follow case numbers...
Guys is this true

You have put 2 plus 2 together and come up with 78.

Case numbers are what drives the order of processing - on a month to month basis. So - someone who had CN AF60xxx and submitted their 260 form online before anyone else in the world would still end up waiting until their number is current.
goood thats true

Quick question, someone I know who won the 2015 dv lotto sat for UACE (Uganda's equivalent to high school) but he did not perform so well. He got 3 subsidiary passes as compared to the new requirement of 1 principle pass, 1 subsidiary pass at the US Embassy Nairobi (this is a consul specific requirement). I know for sure performance was never a problem in the past since my brother who had similar results got his green card 5 years ago. What are my friend's chances with grades slightly below the requirement? Is there anyone who's dealt with a similar situation?

Quick question, someone I know who won the 2015 dv lotto sat for UACE (Uganda's equivalent to high school) but he did not perform so well. He got 3 subsidiary passes as compared to the new requirement of 1 principle pass, 1 subsidiary pass at the US Embassy Nairobi (this is a consul specific requirement). I know for sure performance was never a problem in the past since my brother who had similar results got his green card 5 years ago. What are my friend's chances with grades slightly below the requirement? Is there anyone who's dealt with a similar situation?

If your friend does not meet the requirement he will not (should not) get the visa. He may be able to qualify on work experience grounds, but this is harder to prove and only certain occupations qualify. Do you know what your friend does for a living?

If your friend does not meet the requirement he will not (should not) get the visa. He may be able to qualify on work experience grounds, but this is harder to prove and only certain occupations qualify. Do you know what your friend does for a living?

He can't make it on work experience. I don't understand why school performance should be an issue in some countries but not others though...

He can't make it on work experience. I don't understand why school performance should be an issue in some countries but not others though...

It is an issue in ALL countries and it is to meet the education rule that has always been made clear. All the Nairobi embassy have done is clarified the standard required for several countries.

Why's he using Nairobi and not Kampala?

Does the education ministry allow for a retake of the exams? Can your friend register as an independent candidate and upgrade their marks? Is there a crash course system in the country? These are options to consider.
He has the advantage of time now, maybe before their number gets current.

Last edited:
Does the education ministry allow for a retake of the exams? Can your friend register as an independent candidate and upgrade their marks? Is there a crash course system in the country? These are options to consider.
He has the advantage of time now, maybe before their number gets current.

@kamale, we are exploring the options of retaking the exam. The problem is, the exam is given only once a year, and registering for it happens way in advance...like at least six months. I hope he's not too late to take the exam this year. His CN is in AF61xxx range .. so, I'm thinking, his interview will definitely be next year.

@kamale, we are exploring the options of retaking the exam. The problem is, the exam is given only once a year, and registering for it happens way in advance...like at least six months. I hope he's not too late to take the exam this year. His CN is in AF61xxx range .. so, I'm thinking, his interview will definitely be next year.
and if i can ask what is the qualifying grade for a kenyan in dv-2015 i understand dv-214 was a D-.

and if i can ask what is the qualifying grade for a kenyan in dv-2015 i understand dv-214 was a D-.

I think the Embassy will release 2015 educational grade requirements by Oct. Before the interviewing of dv2015 selectees start.