• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

hi every body, how are u doing ? i am glad to join this forum as one of the dv 2015 winner from ethiopia. i hope to actively participate in the forum, and one of my question is that my case no. is AF201500026***, and i am afraid that this no. is high for ethiopia. do any one know a case no. such high who got interviewed from experience of dv 2014 or before

hi every body, how are u doing ? i am glad to join this forum as one of the dv 2015 winner from ethiopia. i hope to actively participate in the forum, and one of my question is that my case no. is AF201500026***, and i am afraid that this no. is high for ethiopia. do any one know a case no. such high who got interviewed from experience of dv 2014 or before

It's not high at all. Have a look at the very first post in the thread. His number is 31xxx (higher than you) and he got the visa, and so did "Tew" on the same page.

Your interview is likely in April.

Reactions: Tew
abi328 u can check the trend for cs# starting 203 tru this link http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

Welcome Abi

Like guestgulkan stated, your number is very safe. There are Ethiopians this year with 50xxx who have gone to interview already. My number is 31xxx and I was interviewed in May.

With 26xxx, you should see your interview between March and May 2015. You have a good number.

For starter let's see some of the terms most often used in DV processing.

1) Visa Bulletin (VB)

Visa Bulletin is a publication regarding immigration to the United States published by the United States Department of State. The primary purpose of this bulletin is to provide an updated waiting list (also known as Priority Date) for immigrants that are subject to the quota system.The content of the bulletin is available on the web address http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

2) Current

We say current when visa numbers are available for a specific qualified applicant. Visa numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed in the tables

3) 1st NL and 2nd NL

First NL (1st NL) is the First Notification Letter that you received explaining that you are a winner. While the Second NL (2nd NL) is the Second Notification Letter that the Kentucky Consular Center send to your email describing your date, time and place of interview.

4) C.O

Is the Consular Officer who will conduct your interview in the embassy when you go for the interview.

5) P.O.E

Is the Port of Entry. It is the first entry point where you enter the United States of America after your entry is approved by the US Immigration officers.

CHEERS!
Ormania , how do u set P.O.E?, and what is hole mean?

Ormania , how do u set P.O.E?, and what is hole mean?
Hi rolex123,

The port of entry determined by the flight you are taking. If you intend to go to Denver and fly via Ethiopian then your POE will definitely be Washington. Coz Ethiopian doesn't fly to Denver. But if you take Qatar from Addis it will take you to Doha and then drop you to California, of course they have other flights to DC as well. In any case what is important is to know if your final destination has a connection flight from your initial after arriving the US. E.g if you are going to Denver with Ethiopian that means from DC you will have to take the connection flight to Denver. If so, make sure that you have 3-4 hours time in between to your connection flight as the approval at the airport immigration might take some time.

As for the holes, Britsimon gave you the answer here http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-winners-meet-here.11/page-21

Cheers!

Hi rolex123,

The port of entry determined by the flight you are taking. If you intend to go to Denver and fly via Ethiopian then your POE will definitely be Washington. Coz Ethiopian doesn't fly to Denver. But if you take Qatar from Addis it will take you to Doha and then drop you to California, of course they have other flights to DC as well. In any case what is important is to know if your final destination has a connection flight from your initial after arriving the US. E.g if you are going to Denver with Ethiopian that means from DC you will have to take the connection flight to Denver. If so, make sure that you have 3-4 hours time in between to your connection flight as the approval at the airport immigration might take some time.

As for the holes, Britsimon gave you the answer here http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-winners-meet-here.11/page-21

Cheers!
thanks ormonia, I got it the other info from Britsimon, by the way ormonia when we make official personal asset statement , like house or condo which supposingly be sold after visa , how do we make personal asset statement in Ethiopia? , which office will provide the service in Ethiopia , we have condo we want to make this asset to be as one of proof of not to be a public charge , but where , how is going to be done in Ethiopia, is there any official body to give the service in Ethiopia, ?
thanks in advance

hey guys how are u i recently read from ethiopian forum DV 2014 that affidavity of support is no longer needed . do u have any idea about this

Hi my people!

It's been almost two months since the winners are announced for DV 2015 but i don't see winners from my country. Please let's use this thread for 2015 Ethiopian DV winners. Ask, answer and participate. All will be benefiting and helping each other. We, the 2014 DV winners, will be by your side to help any time.

Come, participate. Information is power, i learned it from this forum! CHEERS!:D

For starter let's see some of the terms most often used in DV processing.

1) Visa Bulletin (VB)

Visa Bulletin is a publication regarding immigration to the United States published by the United States Department of State. The primary purpose of this bulletin is to provide an updated waiting list (also known as Priority Date) for immigrants that are subject to the quota system.The content of the bulletin is available on the web address http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

2) Current

We say current when visa numbers are available for a specific qualified applicant. Visa numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed in the tables

3) 1st NL and 2nd NL

First NL (1st NL) is the First Notification Letter that you received explaining that you are a winner. While the Second NL (2nd NL) is the Second Notification Letter that the Kentucky Consular Center send to your email describing your date, time and place of interview.

4) C.O

Is the Consular Officer who will conduct your interview in the embassy when you go for the interview.

5) P.O.E

Is the Port of Entry. It is the first entry point where you enter the United States of America after your entry is approved by the US Immigration officers.

CHEERS!
Hi Ormania, new here with AF00023xxx . Am just starting the ds-260 . Couple of qns then :)

1) Address : street names :) some nearby to home street name from google maps and add house number to it ? or ?
2) parent names : I plan to simply write it as ETH immigration would do (like mine) : grandfather name:surname , first and father name: given name if there is nothing special about it.
3) Is the 1st NL another letter yet to be sent ? or after the ds-260 form is filled ? or the online notification is the 1st NL ?
4)What reason should be given for not having received vaccinations in accordance with the US law ?
5) So my 'sponsor' would be the person whom I fill on the part - ' where I intend to live ? Because that is my plan ,As anyway I have to have some address to give to :)

Thank U !

hi etselam about the vaccination thing u can answer yes to the question" are u vaccinated in acc. with us law", since u will receive vaccination as part of the preparation when u are called for interview

Thank you ,but on the vaccination thing . I read the opposite in another tread as I have not all in U.S law required vaccinations by the time of my application - now.

Thank you ,but on the vaccination thing . I read the opposite in another tread as I have not all in U.S law required vaccinations by the time of my application - now.

Correct. The answer is no, but you will get whatever is needed as part of the process. The response above was incorrect, but would not have got you disqualified.

Correct. The answer is no, but you will get whatever is needed as part of the process. The response above was incorrect, but would not have got you disqualified.

I'm hoping we start getting reportbacks on this and the other questions that have caused debate from October when the first DV DS260s start interviewing.

I'm hoping we start getting reportbacks on this and the other questions that have caused debate from October when the first DV DS260s start interviewing.

Yeah agreed. There are several questions that are not DV relevant that have caused debate...

thanks ormonia, I got it the other info from Britsimon, by the way ormonia when we make official personal asset statement , like house or condo which supposingly be sold after visa , how do we make personal asset statement in Ethiopia? , which office will provide the service in Ethiopia , we have condo we want to make this asset to be as one of proof of not to be a public charge , but where , how is going to be done in Ethiopia, is there any official body to give the service in Ethiopia, ?
thanks in advance

Hi rolex123, sorry for my late reply.

Good that you wanted to be on the safe side by providing proof of asset. Honestly speaking i don't think there is such office for such purpose as far as i know. What people usually present as a proof of asst is entitlement certificates for their house or car. Apart from that i really don't know.