• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

:) Thanks Britsimon !
On the DS-260 form , answering 'yes' tot he question if I speak other languages other than my native , it asks to list ' languages you speak/or read' .
Given that in no where on the form it asks to write what my native language is , do I have to write my native (mother tounge) language on the list too ? Thanks again !
I wrote now : Amharic(mother tounge), English , ...

:) Thanks Britsimon !
On the DS-260 form , answering 'yes' tot he question if I speak other languages other than my native , it asks to list ' languages you speak/or read' .
Given that in no where on the form it asks to write what my native language is , do I have to write my native (mother tounge) language on the list too ? Thanks again !
I wrote now : Amharic(mother tounge), English , ...

I would lst it, yes.

Hi abi328,

I had prepared not one but two affidavit of supports for my family. But we were not asked by the CO and it didn't served the purpose. On the official notification from the US Embassy Addis Ababa website yes sponsor is not needed. But yet there night be some circumstances by which the CO ask for it during the interview. If you can get one, get it, if not don't bother much about it.

Hello Ormania ,

I have 2 questions on the I-134 form (http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf )
Is writing the annual income (as per the 100% poverty line income required on i-134) on number 7 enough or should all financial stuffs be filled ?
How about the on number 11 - 'intention of specific contribution' . Any comment on that ?
Thanks a lot !

hello everyone, i am another DV 2015 winner from Ethiopia. My cn is AF201500021***. It is nice to see you all 2015 Ethiopian dv winners, i had some difficulties to find this thread and connect with my lucky country men.

Hello guys i have a question about degree certificates.

I recently graduated from Addis Ababa University in anthropology with Master of Arts degree but i don't have the original certificate with me and i don't think so that the university will give me this original certificate by the date of my interview. can i present my temporary degree certificate to the embassy during the interview?

# but my BA degree original documents are with me now

hi everyone concerning birth certificate, do i have to translate amharic birth certificate obtained from church

hi everyone concerning birth certificate, do i have to translate amharic birth certificate obtained from church[/QUOTE
Do we need to provide birth certificate for both parents? or only for the children under 18 years? Cause i think for the parents they have passports already? Can anyone reply me pls???

just go to keble near by your residence they can provide any birth certificate within in 30mits. , including your parents when your gave them photo copy of the passport, even ur parents was registered with different birth date under ;keble newari' data base , you can make written letter to make them change you , or your parents place and date of birth as per the passport place and date of birth. I DID FOR MINE.

hi everyone concerning birth certificate, do i have to translate amharic birth certificate obtained from church
abi328 you have to translate all your documents issued in Amharic or other languages into English. I have the same birth certificate obtained from church, but it is better to obtain a birth certificate which is issued by a municipality or kebelle administration.

good morning everyone

this sponsor thing is bothering me. do i need a sponsor? what do we mean by petitioner?

can someone please explain such related things to me?

Petitioner is yourself asking for the visa ( not included on the online Ds-260 form anyway) .
As per the Dv 2015 instruction , proof of your non-public changeability , of which sponsor is one way , is required to be on the safe side .
I plan to have one too .

Petitioner is yourself asking for the visa ( not included on the online Ds-260 form anyway) .
As per the Dv 2015 instruction , proof of your non-public changeability , of which sponsor is one way , is required to be on the safe side .
I plan to have one too .
Affidavit support not sponsor, ( I-134 is the safest side)

I plan to have one too .
Thank you ethSelam

do i need to find a sponsor before filling the DS 260 form or can i do that after filling the form