• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Cutoff numbers for March 2014 visa bulletin (contains April Cutoffs)

Well if it was earned in a year when you pay US tax, the taxman might want a slice, but the immigration people don't care where it came from (assuming it isn't from crimes involving moral turpitude).

As a Turkish citizen, i think i dont have to pay tax for the USA ?

Yes dear Simon 100% legitimate income from Google Admob.

Thank you for your answers dear Vlad and Simon. Shall I show all of my balances or just receiving banking account from admob + 30 k ?

Thank you for your answers dear Vlad and Simon. Shall I show all of my balances or just receiving banking account from admob + 30 k ?

Well if you become an LPR in the USA this year they will expect a tax return to be filed in the USA - and that will have to account for any income you earn, anywhere in the world. If you have paid tax on that income in Turkey, then you might not have further tax to pay in the US, but you still have to account for it. Also, if, one you are an LPR, you have a foreign bank account with a balance that exceeds $10k at any time in the year, you have to declare that bank account account on an FBAR form. Don't underestimate these responsibilities - you do not want to get on the wrong side of the US taxman.

Well if you become an LPR in the USA this year they will expect a tax return to be filed in the USA - and that will have to account for any income you earn, anywhere in the world. If you have paid tax on that income in Turkey, then you might not have further tax to pay in the US, but you still have to account for it. Also, if, one you are an LPR, you have a foreign bank account with a balance that exceeds $10k at any time in the year, you have to declare that bank account account on an FBAR form. Don't underestimate these responsibilities - you do not want to get on the wrong side of the US taxman.

I know how IRS serious is. I didnt pay taxes for this income in Turkey because there is an exceptional article Turkish Tax Law which is telling that pc programmers, etc. do not have to pay tax for that income.
I am willing to translate this article to English via certified translator service and also offer them with my documents?

But of course, going to pay my taxes for earnt income if I hold a LPR

I know how IRS serious is. I didnt pay taxes for this income in Turkey because there is an exceptional article Turkish Tax Law which is telling that pc programmers, etc. do not have to pay tax for that income.
I am willing to translate this article to English via certified translator service and also offer them with my documents?

Once you are an LPR you must comply with tax laws in both places. For example, in the UK I have had some tax free investments - no tax to pay in UK. However, those same investments would attract tax in the US...

You can be sure of two things in the great US of A. You can run, you can hide but both death and IRS will hunt you down and get what is theirs :)

Sweet DV dreams Vladek :D You will wake up shouting "I was god damn current in that dream" :p Noooooooo

Well if it was earned in a year when you pay US tax, the taxman might want a slice, but the immigration people don't care where it came from (assuming it isn't from crimes involving moral turpitude).

I think the caring where it came from might be if a bank account suddenly gets an unusually large deposit just in time to show proof of funds at interview... The suspicion might be that it's just a loan to pad the bank account to pass the interview.

Just to expand on what Simon said. If you spend one day in the US as a LPR in a year you need to file for that year. We were there for 5 days last year and so need to file for 2013 (if we don't want to jeopardize our green cards) even though we have not made the final move yet. You can use the part non-LPR / part LPR filing in the first year.... All on the IRS website.

I think the caring where it came from might be if a bank account suddenly gets an unusually large deposit just in time to show proof of funds at interview... The suspicion might be that it's just a loan to pad the bank account to pass the interview.

True - there is that aspect. Best to deposit the money months in advance to get 2 or 3 months of statements - although in this case I think the OP could also show the payment transaction information explaining the source of the income.

Just to expand on what Simon said. If you spend one day in the US as a LPR in a year you need to file for that year. We were there for 5 days last year and so need to file for 2013 (if we don't want to jeopardize our green cards) even though we have not made the final move yet. You can use the part non-LPR / part LPR filing in the first year.... All on the IRS website.

Again, agreed.

Then once you are an LPR you need to file every year even if you spend a whole year outside the USA (with the appropriate re-entry permit). It is THAT burden of reporting that is causing some US citizens to renounce their US citizenship because they resent the hassle of reporting if they are staying abroad permanently. I can feel OnTheGo getting his blood pressure raising even as I type this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, agreed.

Then once you are a US citizen you need to file every year even if you spend a whole year outside the USA (with the appropriate re-entry permit). It is THAT burden of reporting that is causing some US citizens to renounce their US citizenship because they resent the hassle of reporting if they are staying abroad permanently. I can feel OnTheGo getting his blood pressure raising even as I type this...

If you're a citizen you don't need a re-entry permit.
Yes, OTG getting his hackles raised. But people like Veronice and many others don't care because they think it's a price worth paying for living in a safe, free country.

Yes, OTG getting his hackles raised. But people like Veronice and many others don't care because they think it's a price worth paying for living in a safe, free country.

I would rather say "safer-r" and "free-er". Also I think most people end up eaither permanently in the US or go back so few years of hassle isn't that bad. Unless you are Sie Percy of course with properties, gold mines, factories, castles, jets, yachts, space shuttles all over the world :p

Last edited by a moderator:
referring to April VB, I am sure that Africa will be not current this year, not only special countries.... are you from a special country?

Hey Malcom - so much for my "they will not release before the 8th" advice huh. We got the numbers on the 6th!

I would rather say "safer-r" and "free-er". Also I think most people end up eaither permanently in the US or go back so few years of hassle isn't that bad. Unless you are Sie Percy of course with properties, gold mines, factories, castles, jets, yachts, space shuttles all over the world :p

referring to April VB, I am sure that Africa will be not current this year, not only special countries.... are you from a special country?

Man why tell me that AF wont go current while im dreaming :(
And franky yes i dream every night about the DV :p

I think you have little idea what it is actually like to live in an undemocratic country, and/or one that is ridden with violent crime... Not everyone here is from Western Europe or Australia.