• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: December 2013 (Coming Soon)

let us agree on Europe 20000, 20000 Africa, Asia 7000. Why offend grandma Europe.:)

LOL - I think everyone is hoping you and I just shut up about this - so fine - I will disagree no more.... (although I still think it won't be 20:20:7) :cool:

The December interview list has not been announced for Ankara. I have an interview in Dec 3rd but i am not on the list yet. I assume they will update the page sometime in this week.

The only information that I can get out of the schedule is that 2014EU9763 is the highest number they are processing so far with EU numbers current up to 12500. Could mean the have no higher numbers to process in Ankara or that the have a huge backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
The December interview list has not been announced for Ankara. I have an interview in Dec 3rd but i am not on the list yet. I assume they will update the page sometime in this week.

You rescheduled your appointment though - correct?

Guys, my forecast, next visa bulitein make us to believe in big cases, let see :) Collegues, wait. Be patient.

OK. So you believe that AF region is going to get around 16/17k visas rather than the ~24k visas they normally get. It will take a few months to reach that level on CEAC data but we will, I believe, be able to kill your theory stone dead by around March/April or so.

BRITSIMON"S theory is always biased toward europe...if he was in KCC he could give all 50k visas to europe and othre reason zero visa my view towards you is really changing mate why u are behaving like this be cool mate europe will get those visa which kCC will allocate not the one your theory says...
Thank you Rigateika for taking the time to explain Sloners theory. I tease Sloner and get frustrated with his stubbornness but I don't think he is a fool. However, what you are explaining is all very nice and sounds reasonable but everything there relates to the selection process and the case numbers. That has NOTHING to do with the processing of visas, the global quotas (which are not published) and so on. If we look at the historical allocations between 2003 and 2012 for AF and EU we see this pattern.

AF - 19,227 17,146 19,118 19,548 18,046 22,960 24,648 24,745 24,015 13,582
EU - 22,321 21,721 19,330 15,626 12,633 14,788 14,241 16,083 16,378 13,093

So in 2003 EU received more visas than AF - in fact if you go back to the early days of the lottery you will see this was a much more dramatic split. However that trend has been slowly reversing and since 2006 AF has been getting more visas than EU - around 50% more from 2007 onwards (or a ration of about 3:2). The last column above is 2012 - where the numbers dropped dramatically and AF and EU got about the same number of visas (1:1 ratio). That was the chaos year and it is perfectly logical and reasonable to imagine that AF region (with lower technology access) was much more affected by the cancellation/redraw since more people would not have known about the redraw.

I can't imagine anyone basing a statistical analysis on 2012 results, but Sloner did just that. He looked at the number of selectees for each region, the number of visas and came up with a select/visa approved ratio that he then applied to 2014 selectees. However, that ratio is horribly flawed because of the ratio, so when you apply his ratio to 2013 numbers, it doesn't work - the numbers don't fit. Then if you consider the results he is predicting he is saying the AF/EU split will be 16/19 - when for years now (and in 2013 also) the split has been 3:2. I can imagine a slight change happening each year, but not such a dramatic change. Again, that is ONLY possible if you start with a bad set of data - which is exactly what he has done.

Furthermore, there is no logical reason to think the selection software has any bearing on the process that gets from selectee to visa approval (because the software is only influencing the process UP TO the point of getting the selectee list), but he ignored that also. So, whilst the points you describe above are probably accurate, you need to make a giant leap of confusion to get to the numbers he has achieved.

Based on that, Sloner believes that ALL the 140k selectees will get visas - and that is leading him to spread the news of happiness and light to all around - which I think is not a fair thing to do.

BRITSIMON"S theory is always biased toward europe...if he was in KCC he could give all 50k visas to europe and othre reason zero visa my view towards you is really changing mate why u are behaving like this be cool mate europe will get those visa which kCC will allocate not the one your theory says...

I think you misunderstand him. He's saying Europe will not get as many as sloner says. How is that biased to Europe?
It makes perfect sense to think that the final numbers will be some way related to the proportions countries have in the draw.
What's your theory on how numbers are allocated?

I'm thinking you just like posts that say what you *want* to hear rather than being realistic.

1. I have no clue why you think my theories show bias toward Europe - if you had read properly you would have seen I was explaining that I expect AF region should receive 3 visas for every 2 that EU gets.

2. So what if I had shown bias toward Europe - I don't remember promising not to do that and anyway that is a bit much from you that lashes out with comments like " donot even dare to tell anything about my country nepal buddy".

3. Feel free to push the ignore button on my username. Or perhaps post your own theories - but if you do please try and make more sense than your post where you show Asia gradually rising to a cutoff of 4000 by Aug and then going current.

U certainly mean sloner !

I think you misunderstand him. He's saying Europe will not get as many as sloner says. How is that biased to Europe?
It makes perfect sense to think that the final numbers will be some way related to the proportions countries have in the draw.
What's your theory on how numbers are allocated?

I'm thinking you just like posts that say what you *want* to hear rather than being realistic.

While I dont think it'll make an iota of difference in regards to how the numbers progress, it's certainly a very informative discussion being had here. I myself thought numbers were from 1 - 125K but distributed among the regions. so you'd have AF1,AS2, AF3, EU4 and so on. But from what you guys are saying there's AF1, EU1.

While I dont think it'll make an iota of difference in regards to how the numbers progress, it's certainly a very informative discussion being had here. I myself thought numbers were from 1 - 125K but distributed among the regions. so you'd have AF1,AS2, AF3, EU4 and so on. But from what you guys are saying there's AF1, EU1.

Yes - I originally thought what you did but was shown a concrete example of "duplicate" numbers in different regions on the CEAC tracker.

Hey MATE! Read through Simon's posts again and try to see how utterly stupid you sound MATE!

Hi,

I did some calculation based on DV-2013 CEAC Data published by raevsky, to estimate some numbers like max CN interviewed, number of document submitted to kcc and so on.
This is just estimation so don't take it as an optimistic or pessimistic predictions. Here is the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agk_blwxh4svdEFENW00cFRuUUJTVGZja3Z4eUU0NEE&usp=sharing

Estimated total issued visa is more than 56000, so cut-off in the end of the year will probably occured unless less winners will submit their document or more visa will be rejected.

Hi,

I did some calculation based on DV-2013 CEAC Data published by raevsky, to estimate some numbers like max CN interviewed, number of document submitted to kcc and so on.
This is just estimation so don't take it as an optimistic or pessimistic predictions. Here is the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agk_blwxh4svdEFENW00cFRuUUJTVGZja3Z4eUU0NEE&usp=sharing

Estimated total issued visa is more than 56000, so cut-off in the end of the year will probably occured unless less winners will submit their document or more visa will be rejected.

Thanks for that - I think that is a very credible attempt. There are a couple of things that may affect it though.

1. The CEAC data appears to be more incomplete than Raevsky declared. There is evidence of case numbers higher than he has accounted for in at least two of the regions and I think the total issued is only around 45k. Aos is not included, so that would inflate that 45k number somewhat but even with that I suspect there is some missing data from the CEAC data. That would adjust your numbers higher.

2. I think the global allocations have changed slightly. As Typo explained (in the Australian winners thread) the split between selectees among the regions has changed and I think the increase in selectees for OC for instance (an increase of ~100% versus the global increase of ~30%) must be significant. If the ratio of selectees is indicative of the final outcome (i.e. unless KCC influence the outcome by accelerating/decelerating the progress within regions), then AF and AS regions will end up with a slightly smaller slice of the cake than last year and SA and OC, slightly higher (actually significantly higher to them).

Edit: I think your method actually takes account of this anyway as it uses the selectees numbers in the first place.

3. As I mentioned, the AOS cases are not included within the CEAC data, but AOS cases do count toward the global limit. Since your projection only looks at CEAC data we cannot assume that we can go to 50000 on the CEAC data. I think OAS will account for around 2500 cases - so the limit for CP cases is around 47500 - therefore the 56k projection (which may be too low anyway because of point 1) could be around 8000 too many.

So, your estimates agree with previous estimates that various people have done that says the highest numbers will not get visas - but your method takes a nice look from a different point of view. Many thanks for posting...