• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Guys, i need your help to send DV lottery fee in detail. KCC emailed me the form which says i should include "stamped, self addressed envelope" what does it mean. Apologies if this is really a stupid question but i'm trying to get it right. Thanks ya'll

You should send an empty envelope with your address as receiver and an stamp on it + your check+ the receipt form (that you received from KCC) to DOS.
Write your CN on the check.
They will stamp your receipt and send it to you in that envelope.

Guys, i need your help to send DV lottery fee in detail. KCC emailed me the form which says i should include "stamped, self addressed envelope" what does it mean. Apologies if this is really a stupid question but i'm trying to get it right. Thanks ya'll

You should send an empty envelope with your address as receiver and an stamp on it + your check+ the receipt form (that you received from KCC) to DOS.
Write your CN on the check.
They will stamp your receipt and send it to you in that envelope.

Do i have to write To (my address) and From (Dept of State) both? or just 'To' address? Do i need 42 cents stamp? (Trust me, i ve never sent a letter). On the check, do i write pay to the order of "us dept of state" and where do i write CN?

Thanks AOS 2013 for the info. Hope everything goes well at your end as well.

In my case, i have not applied for a travel document, it is just I-485. I will wait another week before start calling USCIS and see what happens. Since the way each cases are being handled by USCIS is different, nothing is predictable. I think we just need to have luck on your side. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hope things will go well. If you are married, please make sure you take some documents that shows joint ownership, like Lease agreement, Joint bank account, insurance card with both names and 2012 & 2011 Tax returns.

Keep me posted about your I-485 approval. SO will I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

I read on web that GC holder doesn't need EAD card to work, and it's only needed for working when your AOS is pending. Is it right?
with my F1 visa, I'm working as a graduate assistant on campus. So if I file AOS without I-765 what will I lose?
Nothing :)

Message from Admin : After careful consideration, I have removed the ban from "raevsky". I would appreciate if both users aos13 and raevsky refrain from personal comments/rude comments/ sarcasm.

I reject being singled out as some kind of a "trouble maker". I have no intention whatsoever to spend time engaging in any debate anymore.

Do i have to write To (my address) and From (Dept of State) both? or just 'To' address? Do i need 42 cents stamp? (Trust me, i ve never sent a letter). On the check, do i write pay to the order of "us dept of state" and where do i write CN?

Guys, i really need your help as i'm trying to send the DV Fee by tomorrow. Would appreciate any help. Thanks :)

As far as I remember I just wrote To address. for stamp I asked the mail office and I don't remember how much was it. I guess check should be cashier's check (you need to go to the bank and asked them for that) you can write your CN anywhere.
If you search the forum you will find the steps (that's what I did, but because it was around one year ago I don't remember every detail)

Hope this is helpful.

As far as I remember I just wrote To address. for stamp I asked the mail office and I don't remember how much was it. I guess check should be cashier's check (you need to go to the bank and asked them for that) you can write your CN anywhere.
If you search the forum you will find the steps (that's what I did, but because it was around one year ago I don't remember every detail)

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you so much 'paribahar'... you ve been very helpful...keep up the good work. Cheers !!:cool:

Really, i spent almost $400 :( .... what would you suggest me to do. Should i forward my receipts to my insurance?

File the bill as a claim with your insurance company. If they decline it, you can go back to the medical center and ask them to change the code. Sometimes they accommodate that. It's worth a shot.

thanks c1984
so you advise to skip that two, because we do not really need them, after approving, GC works as everything!

That's what I would do, especially if you are from a country that additional clearances might be needed (which I'm guessing you are :) )

We're getting closer to the end of fiscal year and I don't think you would want to do anything to further delay your GC processing.

Guys, i really need your help as i'm trying to send the DV Fee by tomorrow. Would appreciate any help. Thanks :)

I think they only accept money order or cashier check. I think they also require the case number to be on the money order/check. Tell the clerk and they should be able to do that for you.

I wrote my CN with pen after getting cashier check and it worked.

I think they only accept money order or cashier check. I think they also require the case number to be on the money order/check. Tell the clerk and they should be able to do that for you.

Hi, I am 2014 winner. But I have a question from you 2013 winners. For AOS, Does my high school diploma suffice or Should I also have the high school transcript. What did you guys put in your I-485 or what were you asked at your interview? Diploma only or diploma + transcript ? Thanks for your time.

Alright, i received my sealed medical envelope and just sent the $330 DV fee (according to 'paribahar','aos13','Sm1smom' instructions-thanks ya'll). It was money order from post office and wrote everything myself (like pay to and case number and address), that will be fine rit? I have one question though, when i was doing medical i had to write A#, i didnt know what it was until now (its USCIS# rit?) so i left it blank and its already sealed now..medical guy said it will be fine if i leave it blank. What you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
See response below:

Alright, i received my sealed medical envelope and just sent the $330 DV fee (according to 'paribahar','aos13','Sm1smom' instructions-thanks ya'll). It was money order from post office and wrote everything myself (like pay to and case number and address), that will be fine rit? - Yes, it's fine

I have one question though, when i was doing medical i had to write A#, i didnt know what it was until now (its USCIS# rit?) so i left it blank and its already sealed now..medical guy said it will be fine if i leave it blank. What you guys think?
- Not having your A# on the medical form is not an issue, leave the form sealed

Hi, I am 2014 winner. But I have a question from you 2013 winners. For AOS, Does my high school diploma suffice or Should I also have the high school transcript. What did you guys put in your I-485 or what were you asked at your interview? Diploma only or diploma + transcript ? Thanks for your time.

All you need is your High School Diploma, no transcripts required for the I-485 package. But if you're currently studying in the US, you might want to throw in the transcripts from your college for the heck of it.

Anyone has ideas or have similar situation like me?

Hello guys,

I am doing AOS with my wife and my interview date was 4/24. I forgot to bring the original diploma for my high school education, so I met with the IO on 5/1 and completed the interview. She said that the decision would be made by May, and I checked my status every day but it still shows "Acceptance". Anyone has suggestions for me?