My asylum interview after 3 weeks

Hi everyone, I went to the asylum office to get interviewed on the second week of last month but the officer said I couldn't be interviewed in that office because of the issue of my mailing address and residence address, and that she would transfer my case to another office and I had to wait for the interview notice from that office. I haven't got any notices from the office where she said she would transfer my case to since then. So I am wondering if the clock for EAD has been paused. And I am afraid it will take long to get the interview notice. It is hardly to survive here without being able to work.

Dear members
My native country is from INDIA .Andhra Pradesh state. I am studying here. I came here on F1 visa.I came to USA aug 2010.Now I Am legally studying here and I am in Status. When I was in india…my relatives help me to come USA and study here. I done semester in my gradution.2 more sems for completed my graduation. The problem is can I eligible to apply for political asylum here???Why because I have life threat from my home country. Some religious issues I can’t go back to india.Some of other gangs is opposing my religion. Now my parents also live some other place in india because this isuue .Even govt also not supporting us.Bcg they r same religion. Now my relatives also can’t supporting for completing my studies. Now I am very bad situation financially. I can’t do any job here. Because I am students here. So if I apply this political asylum…I will get EAD.So please advice me can I apply for political asylum?????I will explain clearly my situation to officer.If I completed my study here I can get legally work permit here.So please suggest me…..can I elgible to political asylum or Not…??????????????????If any case If I apply it is any problem to my status of visa.I got 5 years visa.Pls help me.My hole life is depends on your advice.

Dear members
My native country is from INDIA .Andhra Pradesh state. I am studying here. I came here on F1 visa.I came to USA aug 2010.Now I Am legally studying here and I am in Status. When I was in india…my relatives help me to come USA and study here. I done semester in my gradution.2 more sems for completed my graduation. The problem is can I eligible to apply for political asylum here???Why because I have life threat from my home country. Some religious issues I can’t go back to india.Some of other gangs is opposing my religion. Now my parents also live some other place in india because this isuue .Even govt also not supporting us.Bcg they r same religion. Now my relatives also can’t supporting for completing my studies. Now I am very bad situation financially. I can’t do any job here. Because I am students here. So if I apply this political asylum…I will get EAD.So please advice me can I apply for political asylum?????I will explain clearly my situation to officer.If I completed my study here I can get legally work permit here.So please suggest me…..can I elgible to political asylum or Not…??????????????????If any case If I apply it is any problem to my status of visa.I got 5 years visa.Pls help me.My hole life is depends on your advice.

C:\Users\user111\Documents\Asylum - Immigration Law Center on the Internet.mht

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mr. Bird, Alex and the others. I am new on this forum and i very much appreciate all your efforts in assisting people. I am so happy for you Alex and I pray that Mr.Bird and every other person make it with an approval letter. I am very nervous while awaiting an Interview Notice. I will keep in touch with my posting so as to inform you guys on how everything unfolds. May God bless you all.

Hi everyone, I went to the asylum office to get interviewed on the second week of last month but the officer said I couldn't be interviewed in that office because of the issue of my mailing address and residence address.

Did you get the interview yet? the best thing was to visit your local asylum office and tell them of that. The EAD may and may not stop depending on the address error encountered.

Hello Mr. Bird, Alex and the others. I am new on this forum and i very much appreciate all your efforts in assisting people. I am so happy for you Alex and I pray that Mr.Bird and every other person make it with an approval letter. I am very nervous while awaiting an Interview Notice. I will keep in touch with my posting so as to inform you guys on how everything unfolds. May God bless you all.

All the best and God bless!

Did you get the interview yet? the best thing was to visit your local asylum office and tell them of that. The EAD may and may not stop depending on the address error encountered.

I do not get an interview yet. I mailed them asking how it is going on my case. The 180-day clock remains running unless the applicant’s actions cause an
interruption or delay in the processing of the application, right? So, my mailing address is southern part of the state and my residence address is northern part, that's what the officer said. That's why, she said, the system scheduled an interview to the office near my mailing address automatically. And she said, my case would be transferred to the place where I physically reside now and that I must be interviewed at there. So, do you have any idea if it is my bad and if EAD clock has stopped? Thanks. Wish you all in the forum the best!!!

I do not get an interview yet. So, my mailing address is southern part of the state and my residence address is northern part, that's what the officer said. That's why, she said, the system scheduled an interview to the office near my mailing address automatically. And she said, my case would be transferred to the place where I physically reside now and that I must be interviewed at there. So, do you have any idea if it is my bad and if EAD clock has stopped? Thanks. Wish you all in the forum the best!!!

That is what happens because according to their system, you are supposed to apply in the asylum office that serves your physical zip code. But that not withstanding, it has taken longer than usual to be scheduled for an interview wherever. If i were you i would call, fax or go (whatever works for you) to the local asylum office, and ask them if your interview has been scheduled yet. They may be having a wrong address and your mail may have gone elsewhere and that way they will stop the clock assuming you missed/ignored the interview i.e in worst case. On the other hand, they may have had a system error, delay,inconvenience in scheduling your interview. In this case, the clock will stop and only restart when the system is rectified. The best and what you should hope and pray for is their response to your question saying your application is still in progress. This way the clock is still running. So, the simple answer to your question is, ASK THEM ABOUT THE DELAY.

Hey guys!
Good news! I received Recommended Approval yesterday. I used to check my mailbox everyday hoping to receive something. Usually it comes after 2-3 pm. It was 10.30 am and was going outside. Decided to check my email. And. I got a message from my attorney saying that he received a copy of the Recommended approval and I should check my mailbox for today. If i dont receive I can pick a copy of it from my attorney.

I was so happy and cried guys! It such a wonderful moment to feel the real freedom.
Good luck to everybody.

Here is my chronology:
Applied on November 21.
Fingerprints notice November 25.
Fingerprints done on November 27.
Interview Notice for February 12.
Applied for EAD on April 30.
EAD received on May 22.
Recommended Approval on June 2.

Hi Guys.,
I just wanna get some advice about my interview in a 3 days...
I am a political activist (blogger) who detained 2 times in my country and had an interview (in DC) (2 hours) to international TV channel based in Washington DC about the real situation in my country. The interview itself is enough for the Regime in my country to arrest me with fake charges. I have pro democracy web sites (2) and I am very active on social media to inform the latest arrests and dictatorship in my country and I critisize the Regime's policy deeply.
How do you think friends.... Are these evidences enough for me to get an asylum?
Thanks and I' ll share all my informations on this web as soon as I left interview...
WISH U ALL GOOD LUCK....

Hi Guys.,
I just wanna get some advice about my interview in a 3 days...
I am a political activist (blogger) who detained 2 times in my country and had an interview (in DC) (2 hours) to international TV channel based in Washington DC about the real situation in my country. The interview itself is enough for the Regime in my country to arrest me with fake charges. I have pro democracy web sites (2) and I am very active on social media to inform the latest arrests and dictatorship in my country and I critisize the Regime's policy deeply.
How do you think friends.... Are these evidences enough for me to get an asylum?
Thanks and I' ll share all my informations on this web as soon as I left interview...
WISH U ALL GOOD LUCK....

Sounds like you have a strong case, but people go without evidence and still get approved and vise versa. So, until you apply and get the result, you can never predict an asylum case. sometimes it depends on the officer you meet in the interview, sometimes on your confidence and knowledge of ur case and so many other things. All the best.

Hi Mr.Bird and Friends
As I promised I am writing back after my asylum interview.
My interview was scheduled at 8:00 am on 13th of July 2011 and I was on time. But I waited the officer roughly 6 hours. But the interview itself was nice. I answered his all questions deeply. He just started from asking my name, birthplace, family members, and my activity. He asked only to prove that I am the owner of the websites, social media tools and etc. At last he wanted me to send him the notarially approved references, printed documents about my website ip and registration addresses and etc and twitter account confirmation by fax.
I will send him the documents on saturday (16 july2011) and I hope will get the response on 21st of July 2011.
Fortunately, the rules have changed and now We can take the responses in a week...
I hope He will approve my application...
Wish all of you good luck....
Thanks

Gooood news!!!!!! I got my approval letter and my new i-94 attached today!!! I can not express the feeling, you need to experience it to know how good it feels. Glory to god, the waiting was worth it. Many thanks to all of you who kept on giving me hope. Special thanks to assylum whom i have learned so much from, i have advised many people from the knowledge i got from you assylum, thanks! And i'll still be around. All the best to those still waiting.

Hi Mr.Bird and Friends
As I promised I am writing back after my asylum interview.
My interview was scheduled at 8:00 am on 13th of July 2011 and I was on time. But I waited the officer roughly 6 hours. But the interview itself was nice. I answered his all questions deeply. He just started from asking my name, birthplace, family members, and my activity. He asked only to prove that I am the owner of the websites, social media tools and etc. At last he wanted me to send him the notarially approved references, printed documents about my website ip and registration addresses and etc and twitter account confirmation by fax.
I will send him the documents on saturday (16 july2011) and I hope will get the response on 21st of July 2011.
Fortunately, the rules have changed and now We can take the responses in a week...
I hope He will approve my application...
Wish all of you good luck....
Thanks

That sounds to me like a very strong case, i tell you for free, if you provide all what he asked and they be genuine, you will get approved. I got my approval today after being told to wait two weeks, i got it 11months after interview. All the best.

hi everybody?
today i gave the asylum interview at san francisco office but i couldn't recall everything from the story. so, i've made mistakes, was nervous. do you guys have similar type of experience while giving an interview? you reply would be greatly appreciated.

hi everybody?
today i gave the asylum interview at san francisco office but i couldn't recall everything from the story. so, i've made mistakes, was nervous. do you guys have similar type of experience while giving an interview? you reply would be greatly appreciated.

I made mistakes too, especially with dates and months. Actually in some cases the officer was correcting me as she was referring from my written story. But all they look for is truth and confidence. They understand that is not the only thing that has ever happened in your life to remember it all.

hi everybody?

I also made mistakes on my interview (dates) as I was little nervous, however my case was approved. You know it all depends on what kind mistakes you've made. Be positive and pray that God gives you success, but if may be they reffer you to court don't be scared. Most of the people get their assylum in courts. wish you good luck.

@mr.bird thanks for the reply. i am getting my result tomorrow, last thursday i had an interview. to be honest, i am extremely nervous. just to let you know, i am an f1 student.