• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

EternalHope

Thank you for your response. I have a job. So, I will write I134 myself for my wife and daughter.
Here are couple of follow-up questions.

1. My salary is well over poverty line and I have >70K$ in saving at my joint bank account with my wife.
Do I still need to ask somebody to write I134 for me?
2. If I write I134 myself for my wife and daughter, do they still need to get I134 from somebody else as well?
3. There have been discussion b/w including I134 to I485 package or not. What are the pros and cons?
Which do you recommend?

Thank you for all of your support.

best

Max555

EthrnalHope, congrat I am really happy for you....sorry I have been away from the forum, aim now on went back to Lebanon for vacation ....... Best wishes for the rest of the guys.

Two Immigration Alien number under my name?

Hi Guys, I have an urgent question needing some guidance.

Today I have an interview at 8:30AM with my wife in San Francisco field office. The officer who interviewed us is very nice, no tricky questions, everything pretty straight forward.
Before he was ready to approve our case, he checked the system and found two immigration Alien Registration numbers under my name, which may suggest I applied for PR before.
However, I've never filed AOS before, I have no idea why there are two green card A# under my name. The officer said he will request the file related to that A# and won't approve my case until he see the file.

I doubt the other Alien number might belong to somebody else who share the same name and birthday with me.
I'm just wondering has any of you guys run into this kind of situation before? and how USCIS's database works? if two individuals have same name and birthday, they can't separate the records?

Since it's almost the end of September, I have a feeling that I won't have enough to finish the process.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, I have an urgent question needing some guidance.

Today I have an interview at 8:30AM with my wife in San Francisco field office. The officer who interviewed us is very nice, no tricky questions, everything pretty straight forward.
Before he was ready to approve our case, he checked the system and found two immigration Alien Registration numbers under my name, which may suggest I applied for PR before.
However, I've never filed AOS before, I have no idea why there are two green card A# under my name. The officer said he will request the file related to that A# and won't approve my case until he see the file.

I doubt the other Alien number might belong to somebody else who share the same name and birthday with me.
I'm just wondering has any of you guys run into this kind of situation before? and how USCIS's database works? if two individuals have same name and birthday, they can't separate the records?

Since it's almost the end of September, I have a feeling that I won't have enough to finish the process.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you..

As far as I know, that is impossible. Every alien has only one Alien number, it is theirs for life, regardless of how many times an alien applies for AOS. So it is not possible for you to have two numbers, unless of a massive USCIS screw up. The officer should know this, so I'm not sure why he didnt see this when he first received your case at the local office.

Thank you, EternalHope!! That's also what I thought! It's so stange!! :confused:
Do you think it's possible that there is an alien who has exactly the same name and birthday day with me. USCIS database shows both Alien numbers under the same name?

Either way, it is a mistake on USCIS's end. You should've told the officer right then and there that you have never applied for AOS before and have them correct the problem, now it's possible that they'll be confused more and delay your case, hope you remember your officer's name and ask for him at an INFOPASS appointment.

I heard that USCIS has screwed up files before and issued A#s that belonged to other people. That happened and was discovered usually at the Biometrics appointments.
Now, the officer requested to get the file for the other A#. I really doubt that there is another person with the same name as you and same DOB. That is a chance less than winning the lottery because not only you "two" need to have same 1st name, last name, day, month, and year?

I know for a fact that requesting another file can take 2-3 months. In my case, I learned that my old file was requested by the local field office and it took them 3 months to get that.
I hope for you, that they will figure out quickly enough that they had made a mistake.

\
Thank you, EternalHope!! That's also what I thought! It's so stange!! :confused:
Do you think it's possible that there is an alien who has exactly the same name and birthday day with me. USCIS database shows both Alien numbers under the same name?

Just finished my Biometrics, and a week latter received interview letter for 9/6/2011. Should I call KCC check with file transferring?

Sure, you can call them so you'll know what to expect when you get on your interview date....
If it was requested at least couple of days before, you could get approved on the spot, if not, they will request it after interview...

Just finished my Biometrics, and a week latter received interview letter for 9/6/2011. Should I call KCC check with file transferring?

Update to my case...

I AM GREEN !!!
Thank you (not necessary in order) R2010, Thank you natta, Thank you baobab, Thank you feel, Thank you karen127, Thank you manaysha, Thank you EternalHope, Thank you Cybor, and Thank you others that i forgot to mention here.

I got my CPO last week, but I didn't want to say anything till i got to see the GREEN in my hands...I went through so much for years and this year was not easy for me. (It just wasn't over till the fat lady sang)
Anyways, it all happened when i went to what should have been a regular infopass appointment. I was kinda upset, and was ready to blast off. I was ready to ask for a manager...while waiting for my number to be called, I noticed the same lady from my 1st infopass (the one that attacked me and almost kicked me out of the office). Then i was called to the next window. The officer at the window took my receipt and started printing forms, then he asked me to wait and disappeared for 5 minutes, he came back with some referral page and sent me to another office in the building.
Then i came to the office, after some wait, an officer came and asked to see my papers....she then said that she would get my file in couple of hours and that i should come back with all the paperwork in 3 hours.
I came back, and she basically conducted my interview on the spot. The officer was extremely super nice. And i say that as an understatement. In my wildest dreams i have not envisioned such a nice officer - it was truly unbelievable. She also didn't know why I wasn't called for interview and also why KCC didn't send my file. In fact one of her suspicions was that my DV was (maybe) fake and not real and she said that many people get fake winning letters....I was very confident that my winning letter was 100% real. I just answered : "please contact KCC and request my file".
The rest of the interview was all the yes/no questions, date of birth, parents name, showed originals of birth certificate and education diplomas. I wasn't asked for any financial facts such as pay checks or I-134. But she did asked me for my profession and what I'm doing in my work. (So based on that, the income is well above the poverty guidelines)
Couple days later I called KCC, and finally they told me that my file was requested by USCIS.... then i received the CPO, then PDA, then got the approval notices, and today got the REAL GREEN DEAL.
So after waiting for an interview (letter) for couple of months... I got what we should now call: Walk-In-Interview.

I know that something must have happened. I'm sure there was some note on the screen that made the officer at the infopass to allow me to get to the adjudicating officer that day... Could have been the Ombudsman officer, Senators, congress man, maybe even First lady Obama. Or maybe just pure luck from God.
I hope that whoever made my interview to happen be blessed by God with great health and happiness to him/her and their families. Also to the super nice adjudicating officer, a wonderful lady.
I also want to send best wishes to all those that are "still" waiting, I guess there is still time...and if you remember my analogy, the office closes at 6PM, and now it is 5:55PM...still 5 minutes to go...

That concludes my journey of the last 12 years.

I AM GREEN !!!

Congratulations Yoni, or Freedom. I still believe that your name change is only superstition :), but great that your efforts have finally paid off. As you, I think it might have been one of the letters that you sent to someone higher up. Too bad that we will never know for sure what was the reason that brought the positive change to your case.
Make good use of the freedoms that the GC brings you.

I just got back from a vacation in Europe last night, so this was the first time I had a chance to use my GC for travel. The only changes (which I am sure that everyone knows) are that you do not fill out the I-94 form and you can go to the line for US citizens and permanent residents at border control. But they still take your fingerprints and picture when you enter, unlike the case for US citizens.

What a great news!!!

Very, very happy for you, congratulations. Thanks you too for the support of all forum members. Enjoy your new status. Good luck.
I AM GREEN !!!
Thank you (not necessary in order) R2010, Thank you natta, Thank you baobab, Thank you feel, Thank you karen127, Thank you manaysha, Thank you EternalHope, Thank you Cybor, and Thank you others that i forgot to mention here.

I got my CPO last week, but I didn't want to say anything till i got to see the GREEN in my hands...I went through so much for years and this year was not easy for me. (It just wasn't over till the fat lady sang)
Anyways, it all happened when i went to what should have been a regular infopass appointment. I was kinda upset, and was ready to blast off. I was ready to ask for a manager...while waiting for my number to be called, I noticed the same lady from my 1st infopass (the one that attacked me and almost kicked me out of the office). Then i was called to the next window. The officer at the window took my receipt and started printing forms, then he asked me to wait and disappeared for 5 minutes, he came back with some referral page and sent me to another office in the building.
Then i came to the office, after some wait, an officer came and asked to see my papers....she then said that she would get my file in couple of hours and that i should come back with all the paperwork in 3 hours.
I came back, and she basically conducted my interview on the spot. The officer was extremely super nice. And i say that as an understatement. In my wildest dreams i have not envisioned such a nice officer - it was truly unbelievable. She also didn't know why I wasn't called for interview and also why KCC didn't send my file. In fact one of her suspicions was that my DV was (maybe) fake and not real and she said that many people get fake winning letters....I was very confident that my winning letter was 100% real. I just answered : "please contact KCC and request my file".
The rest of the interview was all the yes/no questions, date of birth, parents name, showed originals of birth certificate and education diplomas. I wasn't asked for any financial facts such as pay checks or I-134. But she did asked me for my profession and what I'm doing in my work. (So based on that, the income is well above the poverty guidelines)
Couple days later I called KCC, and finally they told me that my file was requested by USCIS.... then i received the CPO, then PDA, then got the approval notices, and today got the REAL GREEN DEAL.
So after waiting for an interview (letter) for couple of months... I got what we should now call: Walk-In-Interview.

I know that something must have happened. I'm sure there was some note on the screen that made the officer at the infopass to allow me to get to the adjudicating officer that day... Could have been the Ombudsman officer, Senators, congress man, maybe even First lady Obama. Or maybe just pure luck from God.
I hope that whoever made my interview to happen be blessed by God with great health and happiness to him/her and their families. Also to the super nice adjudicating officer, a wonderful lady.
I also want to send best wishes to all those that are "still" waiting, I guess there is still time...and if you remember my analogy, the office closes at 6PM, and now it is 5:55PM...still 5 minutes to go...

Congrats. I am so happy that you finally got the card, I know what a great feeling it is and the freedom it brings to you. Enjoy.
Good things happen to good people, we just need to trust and be patient .

I AM GREEN !!!

Congratulations, Yoni! It is so good to see that good things happen to good people! :) You've done so much for the folks on this forum!

Thank you kamsable.
Speaking of it, what happened in your case? did you resubmit your package?
You pretty much sent your package at the same time i sent mine.

Congratulations, Yoni! It is so good to see that good things happen to good people! :) You've done so much for the folks on this forum!

Thank you all once again for congratulating me.
I will also stick in the forum till the end of the year. If there's anything that i could help or contribute, I'll be happy to do so.

Despite what many can think, becoming green is quite thrilling, however, I learned that there are things that are even more important than that.
Being healthy, happy, faithful & honest, loving and loved are among those. Take that into your consideration.