I-485 Tracker

Assylum....does USCIS calls for an interview for an adjustment of status application based on asylum assuming there is no arrest record? I read on a blog somewhere that USCIS is conducting more interviews for asylum based i485's nowadays and its 50-50 to be called...

Assylum....does USCIS calls for an interview for an adjustment of status application based on asylum assuming there is no arrest record? I read on a blog somewhere that USCIS is conducting more interviews for asylum based i485's nowadays and its 50-50 to be called...

This is what the I-485 standard operating procedure (SOP) says". I just copied and pasted it for you.

Pursuant to 8CFR 209.2(e) the Service Director having jurisdiction over the application
will determine, on a case-by-case basis, whether an interview is necessary. The interview may be waived when the Service determines that an interview is unnecessary.
“Deviation From Interview Waiver Criteria” under the “Interview Waiver Criteria”
section of Adjudications outlines case relocation circumstances. However, the NSC will additionally refer to local offices all applications, which can best be resolved through an interview, such as those involving:

· Higher risk or complex issues;
· Criminal charges; and
· Asylee applicants whose records indicate changes in the country conditions on
which the original grant of asylum was based.
In addition, the Service Center may relocate any I-485 application for interview if the
applicant's identity, admissibility and/or other eligibility qualifications are questionable.

The adjudicating officer must determine whether the asylum-based I-485 meets waiver of
interview criteria set forth below:
· There have been no significant changes in the conditions of the country or
situations in the foreign state where he or she feared persecution.
· The applicant or, if the applicant can still be considered as a dependent, the
principal applicant has been interviewed in the course of an investigation or field
examination, and the adjudicating examiner determines that further interview of the
applicant is unnecessary.
· The applicant or, if the applicant can still be considered as a dependent, the
principal applicant has been approved as an asylee AND is otherwise eligible for
adjustment of status.
· The applicant is under the age of 14.
· Sufficient evidence is contained in the record to support a statutory denial of the
adjustment of status application.
The above interview waiver criteria may be modified in response to developing
circumstances and concerns, which would dictate the need for further restrictions.

Case pending since Jan 11. Called uscis spoke with level 2 officer, told me that i485 asylum need 1 year now. Emailed tsc , got an answer after 12 days. The answer was that my case needed an additional review and that i should have an answer within 6 months. Not really helpfull!

Case pending since Jan 11. Called uscis spoke with level 2 officer, told me that i485 asylum need 1 year now. Emailed tsc , got an answer after 12 days. The answer was that my case needed an additional review and that i should have an answer within 6 months. Not really helpfull!

if that's the case, they should at least update their processing times for Nebraska and California bcz it still says within 4 months.

tony525i,
I am on the same boat. I already passed the 6th month waiting and I have not received anything.

Are we allowed to email TSC?

Call USCIS, and insist to speak with an Immigration Officer. They may tell you what is going on with your case. I emailed them and got a reply after 24 days.

Call USCIS, and insist to speak with an Immigration Officer. They may tell you what is going on with your case. I emailed them and got a reply after 24 days.

They connected me to level 2 officer and he told me to wait. He submitted an inquiry to TSC.
What happens when TSC opens the inquiry? Do they just use a standard response to shut us up or do they actually contact/ask the officer to pick and open the file?

Hi Friends,

How are you, it’s been long time so I have some new about I-485 case today I received RFE on my case that is when Appling i-485 I applied travel doc and EAD I have received travel doc last month, I have done mistake while applying I-485 I have applied EAD which is valid for another 5 months so today I received RFE On saying that

Submit the reason for requesting employment Authorization at this time :

__ I lost my EAD card and I am requesting a replacement card with the prior EAD date

__I Would like to with draw this application since I have currently have Valid EAD card.

Folks please help what should i write to the RFE any idea appreciate your help,

Thanks.

Hi Friends,

How are you, it’s been long time so I have some new about I-485 case today I received RFE on my case that is when Appling i-485 I applied travel doc and EAD I have received travel doc last month, I have done mistake while applying I-485 I have applied EAD which is valid for another 5 months so today I received RFE On saying that

Submit the reason for requesting employment Authorization at this time :

__ I lost my EAD card and I am requesting a replacement card with the prior EAD date

__I Would like to with draw this application since I have currently have Valid EAD card.

Folks please help what should i write to the RFE any idea appreciate your help,

Thanks.

I did not apply for EAD because I still have a valid EAD. If I were you, I would check the second option.

i think Texas Service Center is extremely slower than Nebraska nowadays. Asylees last year got their green cards in 4 months from TSC. wonder what happened to make it so slow

@cortaidus and tony525i: Do you have any update yet? Mine is already 7 months pending at NSC. Why is NSC so slow?
I submitted another SR 3 weeks ago. I am waiting for a response. How long does it take to respond to SR?

still nothing. will be 7 months on the 20th. spoke with uscis on the phone, they told me tsc is experiencing delays of 1 year for asylees adjusting. also told me that it looks like they will make decision on my case within 10 business days. btw i spoke with an immigration officer after i requested my call to b3 escalated.

still nothing. will be 7 months on the 20th. spoke with uscis on the phone, they told me tsc is experiencing delays of 1 year for asylees adjusting. also told me that it looks like they will make decision on my case within 10 business days. btw i spoke with an immigration officer after i requested my call to b3 escalated.

i guess they are too lazy to update the website with that info...

Hi topgun999,

Hi didnt apply for RTD while appling i-485 i applied Advance Parole on April 18 2011 and it's approved on July12 still wating for I-485 toget approved and i will be completeing 4 month by this August 18, i should wait and see what will happen.

i think the new processing time for Texas Service Center just went back to Dec 31th, 2010. I think it was January 2011 last month for asylum based grants. Nebraska seems to be doing well...4 months.

i think the new processing time for Texas Service Center just went back to Dec 31th, 2010. I think it was January 2011 last month for asylum based grants. Nebraska seems to be doing well...4 months.

My case is at Nebraska and it's been pending for 7 month. The frustration and the waiting continues

it will be 10 months in nsc on aug 27th for me... have patience guys..

cortaidus; I hope we r not victims of the hold that a lot of asylees are suffering from. Yesterday i received a response to my new SR. Did u get the same response???? This is what their response says:

"Based on your request, we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 2-3 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below"

They mentioned 2-3 months in the response. I found out in google that most people who got this same response says 6 months waiting not 2-3 months waiting. Does that mean I am getting close to the decision????

cortaidus; I hope we r not victims of the hold that a lot of asylees are suffering from. Yesterday i received a response to my new SR. Did u get the same response???? This is what their response says:

"Based on your request, we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 2-3 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below"

They mentioned 2-3 months in the response. I found out in google that most people who got this same response says 6 months waiting not 2-3 months waiting. Does that mean I am getting close to the decision????

I guess they are still digging and working on the i-130's transferred from Califronia Service center to Nebraska and Texas. Asylee to the back burner, relatives of the U.S citizens to the front.