August Filers I-751 (Timeline Plz)

Hello,
I am preparing to file my I-751 in the end of August. I read some forum where someone had mentioned that they are sending their marriage certificate with the I-751, Wasn't sure if I need to add that to my package? Thanks!

Please make sure very carefully that it does not reach the service center before the start of 90 days window.

Hi,
Any updates on your case?
I just mailed my I-751 on 19th Aug. Were you asked for I-797C from USICS? I have included as much info as possible (including the IRS Transcript of our joint Tax Returns as opposed to the print outs of self filing as pointed out in some postings and one notarized affidavit etc.) and the copies of all my I-797 forms based on your posting. I have a question: If and when I receive the letter for Biometrics, would that mean that we won't be required to appear for an interview or we can be called for interview at any stage? Thanks.

PK,

I mailed a bunch of documents, showing joint ownership of our property, car-home-health insurance, not life insurance policies because the coverage is above normal coverages and I don't want USCIS to start delving into my financial dealings. Nothing is illegal, but I prefer to manage my life without some curious butthead IO seeking to find out how I do what I do.:( I send them only 1st page of my bank statements-3 months from one bank account, even though we have two banks in the US and one in Switzerland, utility bills from the last three places I have lived while my house was being renovated. Macys bill, no credit card statements-high risk for me to be safeguarded by USCIS people. :cool: My son's birth certificate and 1st page of his passport, copy of marriage certificate-certified copy from the county which issued me the license. I send them about 25 pictures of wife and me, and the three of us, I just printed those on a regular paper with a color printer and done. Tax returns from last year's filing. All supporting evidence is copies, nothing is original. I don't believe in affidavits at all, so I never bothered to request one. If I encounter problems, then I will have my Rabbi come to the interview if they call me for one. I don't plan to attend this interview as there is no need to call me for one after the 1lb of evidence I submitted. :)

I never send them any I-797 because they are the only authority which can issue I-797 to acknowledge receipt of applicantion and to outline the benefit sought. The only time I mail them a I-797 is if I am inquiring on a status of the case. I am waiting on an FP notice, which I hope comes soon, I am going on vacation in Vietnam in Sept.:)

Hi,

My 751 window started on the 9th, hope to send it out the door by next weekend. Does anyone have any sample of the affidavits from friends/relatives?

To those who filed already....did you get the affidavits notarized?

Hi,
The affidavit I filed was a three page letter from one of our friend describing how he met both of us and mention of interaction during parties (birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, picnics, lunch/dinner etc.) basically the details suggesting that we are a good couple and yes it had to be notarized.

60 day filing prior to GC expiration.

Need advice....

Even though my 90 day-count started from 1st week of August, looks like I need 2 weeks more time to get all the paperwork together. So, basically I am going to be filing around 60 days before my GC expires.

Any problem with that other than the whole will be process will be delayed by a month?

Need advice....

Even though my 90 day-count started from 1st week of August, looks like I need 2 weeks more time to get all the paperwork together. So, basically I am going to be filing around 60 days before my GC expires.

Any problem with that other than the whole will be process will be delayed by a month?

Nope. You won't have any problems. You could technically find on the last day of your eligibility period, but that will be pushing it to far. Just put together all your paperwork and send it soon, correct filing is more important than filing early with incomplete and incorrect information.:D

Good luck...

Need advice....

We filed ours less than 30 days but it still got processed on time. As long as you didn't file after should be ok. No worries.

Good luck!

Update: FP

New update to you friends out there in the "internets" :D I am scheduled for Sept 18th, 2009 but plan to do a walk-in as I am on business trip to Asia from Sept 14th-25th,2009. Anyone with a walk-in at Glenmont, MD ASC? :confused:

08/06/2009: I-751 Package Mailed
08/08/2009: VSC received package
08/13/2009: Check Cashed:
08/12/2009: NOA I-797C Mailed:
08/15/2009: NOA I-797C Received:
08/26/2009: FP Notice Received
09/18/2009: FP Appt Date
xx/xx/2009: GC approved/ordered
xx/xx/2009: GC received in the mail
August 5th, 2010 N400 Application mailed

New update to you friends out there in the "internets" :D I am scheduled for Sept 18th, 2009 but plan to do a walk-in as I am on business trip to Asia from Sept 14th-25th,2009. Anyone with a walk-in at Glenmont, MD ASC? :confused:

09/18/2009: FP Appt Date

Hi Al Southner,
Thanks for the updates, I filed my I-751 on 08/19/09, still waiting to hear any update from VSC, my 2 yr GC expires mid Nov. I heard people having trouble while re-entering in such situation. As you are planning to travel outside USA, did you get any travel document (like 551 or similar, if there is one) stamped on your passport to avoid any trouble re-entering?

Hi Al Southner,
Thanks for the updates, I filed my I-751 on 08/19/09, still waiting to hear any update from VSC, my 2 yr GC expires mid Nov. I heard people having trouble while re-entering in such situation. As you are planning to travel outside USA, did you get any travel document (like 551 or similar, if there is one) stamped on your passport to avoid any trouble re-entering?

I won't have any problems with re-entry to the US, I have an extension notice from USCIS. In addition, I have a diplomatic passport which enables me entry in and out of the US without the need for complexity which affects other people. :rolleyes: You won't encounter any problems because once they issue the extension notice, then you are good to travel with it and the expired card. The 19th of August is like yesterday in the eyes of USCIS, wait for a couple of weeks and they should get to you. Will keep you updated as time goes on...:) I have trips planned after the Sept one go Ghana in Oct, and Brazil in Nov and South Africa in Dec. My card expires end of October, but I won't miss a beat for travel..... $$$ is made out of the US, not in the US anymore, remember we are on the bail-out mode, so we need to do business deals outside Uncle Sam...;)

please advise

filed I-751

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mailed off my I-751 application today (overnight service) along with a money order from my bank for $545. My 90 window ends on October 3rd. Thoughts? is it too late?Am I missing anything? please advise......

How would I check if they cashed my money order once they recieve the package?

Here are the Documents that I included:

Copy of my green Card front and back

1. Berth Certificate of our 6 month old baby
2. Marriage certificate
3. Joint Tax returns for 2008
4. Copy of joint apartment lease
5. Copies of 2 monthly (august 2008, august 2009) statement from joint checking/savings acc.
6. Car loan with both our names
7. Joint Car Insurance
8. Copy Joint Dental coverage
9. Copy of joint rent bill
10. Copy of joint electric bill
11. Pictures from our trip to Jamaica to visit my family.
12. Pictures of us at the baby shower with family and friends.
13. Pictures of us together with our baby at the hospital and at home.

filed I-751

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mailed off my I-751 application today (overnight service) along with a money order from my bank for $545. My 90 window ends on October 3rd. Thoughts? is it too late?Am I missing anything? please advise......

How would I check if they cashed my money order once they recieve the package?

Here are the Documents that I included:

Copy of my green Card front and back

1. Berth Certificate of our 6 month old baby
2. Marriage certificate
3. Joint Tax returns for 2008
4. Copy of joint apartment lease
5. Copies of 2 monthly (august 2008, august 2009) statement from joint checking/savings acc.
6. Car loan with both our names
7. Joint Car Insurance
8. Copy Joint Dental coverage
9. Copy of joint rent bill
10. Copy of joint electric bill
11. Pictures from our trip to Jamaica to visit my family.
12. Pictures of us at the baby shower with family and friends.
13. Pictures of us together with our baby at the hospital and at home.

Any time before Oct 3rd is fine. Your documents looks sufficient. I filed my I-751 on 08/19/09 at VSC, called my bank yesterday (08/28/09) to check if they have cashed banker's check but they have not.

Update on walk-in FP

Friends,

I went to the ASC in Maryland to try to do a walk-in FP. Upon arriving there, the guard told me that they cannot accomodate me because if they did, then everyone will be just showing up. So, i told them guard that I am traveling for business and leisure in Sept and I cannot make the appt for the 9/18/09. He proceeded to tell me if I don't show him my itinerary, then he cannot help me. At this time, people in the ASC were looking in our direction, and I told the guard "Sir, I need to talk to the ASC supersvisor, because it is clear that you are in over your head, you can't accomodate me because you aren't the person doing the FP. If the supervisor tells me the same thing, then I am going to ask for his supervisor as well". :rolleyes: I could see a sense of disbelief on the guards face, but I could care less because he doesn't have any idea on the schedule. The guards are there to make sure people who show up have proper letters, but they can't deny you access to the supervisor. I could see rumbling and uneasiness in the people who were sitting awaiting their FP. :p

I was shown the supervisor who was fingerpring an applicant. He motioned me to have a sit and will be with me immediately upon completing current person. Upon finishing, he asked me to come over and I went and explained the situation to him. He asked me for the same itinerary and I told him I won't have it till the day before I travel, e-ticket and so forth. However, I can get him an email if that will meet his needs. He waited for about 30-45 seconds, while looking at the guard and said to me, hold on and looked at their schedule and wrote on my NOA, "come tomorrow at 1pm", bring state ID and not your company ID...:D I said thank you and do you mind if I got over and talk to the guard, and he said of course NOT. So, I went to the guard and said to him, thank you. He said for what... I said to him, for trying to make a decision on something which you have no authority on. I will see you tomorrow. :rolleyes: So, I will be back at the ASC to do my walk-in schedule FP, and I intend to bring the guard some flowers and a kedem grape juice. :p

Friends,

Hi al Southner,

Which country are you from that you can have a diplomatic passport and not being on official diplomatic business in USA (or are you). Just curious as when I had one I was only allowed to travel on one when my parents were on official business, if not we had to use the normal passport.

Al Southner,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience at ASC in MD. After reading your post yesterday, I also went for walkin FP today at Santa Ana, CA ASC although my appointment is on 9/11/09. The guard didn't ask me any question. He only looked at my appointment letter and my DL/GC. I am done with FP today itself. Now I am waiting for their final verdict...
Does anyone know how long it takes to get GC after FP is done?

Al Southner,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience at ASC in MD. After reading your post yesterday, I also went for walkin FP today at Santa Ana, CA ASC although my appointment is on 9/11/09. The guard didn't ask me any question. He only looked at my appointment letter and my DL/GC. I am done with FP today itself. Now I am waiting for their final verdict...
Does anyone know how long it takes to get GC after FP is done?

AUS,

Thanks for the concerns. ;) I went back today as per the supervisor's instruction and found the ASC empty and all employees just waiting around hoping for 4pm, because that when the center closes. I was supposed to be there for 1pm, but arrived at 12:45pm and was out of there by 1pm. I am glad that it is done, now it will be up to USCIS to process my benefit now as they have all that they need from my end. I saw the guard from yesterday and we exchanges some warm greetings, because I guess he realize that I know how to get things done. I might send him a Hanukkah's card...who knows...:rolleyes:

08/29/2009: FP Done. Walk-in appt.
09/18/2009: Initial FP Appt Date

Friends,

Hi al Southner,

Which country are you from that you can have a diplomatic passport and not being on official diplomatic business in USA (or are you). Just curious as when I had one I was only allowed to travel on one when my parents were on official business, if not we had to use the normal passport.

My work involves some diplomatic business, so I have one for travel purposes. I once travelled with Ms. Ban Kim Moon, UN Secretary....:eek: However, I can't use the diplomatic passport for leisure travel, because that will be abuse of authority and its full weight....:) My upcoming trip involves business and leisure travel, so when I return I can use the diplomatic passport for entry into the US. ;) I can never accept that Ban Kim is a dude, so I can't resist...:p For all immgrants, if you live in MD and need a walk-in FP, just show up on Saturday at the Glenmont ASC and they will gladly accomodate you. I needed to do a plug-in for the ASC.