• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Today is the 25th of September and still waiting for the Security waiver. I don't think it will come on time, so congratulations to all of you who got it.

Hey, what happened to your case? I didn't get what you mean by Security waiver, would you elaborate please? Can you please put your signature so that we know whats going on here? Thanks and Goodluck!

Today is the 25th of September and still waiting for the Security waiver. I don't think it will come on time, so congratulations to all of you who got it.

Hi Asia2010,

I am sorry to hear that. But unfortunately
most of the people do not do their homework.
Since your number was current in August you
could have applied around June 10...

There is not much time left but you should
at least give it a shot:

* Contact your congressman,
* Contact CIS Ombudsman,
* Do an InfoPass.

Only 4 days left but give it a last shot...

Hi Capeolive,
I have not received 2NL. I called KCC last week. I was asked if I were doing AoS (after I asked him if my forms were processed). I said yes. And he start explaining I should make the AOS fees payment when I see my case number becoming current in the VB and that fees are non-refundable. Am I just fine without 2NL? ? Thanks for your input on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi feel,

Have you made the DV DOS AOS fee payment
of $440? If so, they should have sent you the 2NL.
If not, they might think that you will be doing
CP overseas not AOS in US.

If:

A. You have paid $440 DOS AOS fee,
B. Sent in DSP-122 and opted "BCIS" on 4.

Then they should have sent you a 2NL stating:

Dear FEEL LASTNAME:
Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment
of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship
and Immigration Services (USCIS), formerly the Immigration and Naturalization
Service (INS)...

If you have done above mentioned and have not
gotten 2NL:

* Email them,
* FedEx them,
* Call them.

After all these if they insist not sending
you a 2NL, you can hold on to your email
and FedEx correspondence as proof and
do your process without a 2NL...

Hi Capeolive,
I have not received 2NL. I called KCC last week. I was asked if I were doing AoS (after I asked him if my forms were processed). I said yes. And he start explaining I should make the AOS fees payment when I see my case number becoming current in the VB and that fees are non-refundable. Am I just fine without 2NL? ? Thanks for your input on this matter.

Thanks Capeolive,
Well I contacted my congresman and his office told me that the USCIS cannot do anything in my case they are waiting for the security Namecheck which is done by FBI. I asked them if they can contact the FBI to speed the process and they said they can't do anything. I don't think the FBI will clear my name in 4 days, so I'll lose it. I've made several infopass. and every time I told the same thing that they r waiting for the namecheck.

Hi Asia,

You could have applied on June 10 and
done a walk-in biometrics. But it is too
late for "could haves" and "should haves"...

Whatever the reason might be, we can only
say it was not meant for you to get it...

We cannot predict the future, may be you might
end up having a better life somewhere else without
the card...

You have my best wishes and prayers with
or without green card...

Thanks Capeolive,
Well I contacted my congresman and his office told me that the USCIS cannot do anything in my case they are waiting for the security Namecheck which is done by FBI. I asked them if they can contact the FBI to speed the process and they said they can't do anything. I don't think the FBI will clear my name in 4 days, so I'll lose it. I've made several infopass. and every time I told the same thing that they r waiting for the namecheck.

Hi Capeolive,
Thanks. I did sent the DSP-122 already but have not made the payment yet. I was just waiting for the 2NL before making the payment.
What do you suggest?

Hi feel,

You have to pay the DOS fee, probably
it will initiate the 2NL to be sent...

Most of the people last year have paid
it before getting 2NL...

Just do it...

Hi Capeolive,
Thanks. I did sent the DSP-122 already but have not made the payment yet. I was just waiting for the 2NL before making the payment.
What do you suggest?

Hello. If I'm married under a muslim law and I don't have marriage certificate and on E-DV forms I filled as a married. I'm doing AOS and I didn't have opportunity to go back home marry her and do CP. My son is overseas. Do I have to send DS-230 form for my son even he won't immigrate to US? Does anybody know what I have to do? Is any way to marry on distance? Does immigration accept muslim marriage? Thank you.

Hi Parviz,

Welcome to the last days of the thread.
My advice to you is go back to your country
and get married officially and file DS-230
for your wife and son. I would advice you
to do CP and bring your family here. If you
don't want them to live here at this point
apply for advance parole. You will get a
one time 2 year permission for your family
to stay overseas. After that if they do not
live here and they stay out of the country
for more than 1 year they lose their cards.

Other than above mentioned it is just the
right thing for spouses to be married officially...

Hello. If I'm married under a muslim law and I don't have marriage certificate and on E-DV forms I filled as a married. I'm doing AOS and I didn't have opportunity to go back home marry her and do CP. My son is overseas. Do I have to send DS-230 form for my son even he won't immigrate to US? Does anybody know what I have to do? Is any way to marry on distance? Does immigration accept muslim marriage? Thank you.

Dear 2010s,

Around how much money in the bank statement is going to convince the IO regarding the financial stability? Are we talking about around 10-20K or 6 digits? Just an estimate...

Thanks

Hi khayat,

In practice it depends on the immigration
officer who is handling your case. But they
have a right to ask for an affidavit of support
(I-134) if your annual income is less than %125
of federal poverty guidelines...

Dear 2010s,

Around how much money in the bank statement is going to convince the IO regarding the financial stability? Are we talking about around 10-20K or 6 digits? Just an estimate...

Thanks

hi feel,
I think you have to pay the dv fee of 440 to get your second letter coz to my understanding, paying the dv fee you are tellig them that you want to go for AOS ad that fee might cover their expense for processing your case. you got to pay it anyways so why not pay it and get overwith.
Hi feel,

You have to pay the DOS fee, probably
it will initiate the 2NL to be sent...

Most of the people last year have paid
it before getting 2NL...

Just do it...

Thanks Summet. I was just wondering because I see most of the people getting it without having to send the AOS fees.
Anyways, I am gonna send it soon and ask them for the 2NL when I get the receipt back.

hi feel,
I think you have to pay the dv fee of 440 to get your second letter coz to my understanding, paying the dv fee you are tellig them that you want to go for AOS ad that fee might cover their expense for processing your case. you got to pay it anyways so why not pay it and get overwith.

Thanks Summet. I was just wondering because I see most of the people getting it without having to send the AOS fees.
Anyways, I am gonna send it soon and ask them for the 2NL when I get the receipt back.

IMO, 2nd NL is just an acknowledgment of receipt of DSP122 indicating AoS.
No connection to the fee. You may pay it sooner or later but MUST take the receipt to the intvw. Not even required with the initial i-485 filing.
Just that KCC will not transfer the DV file with them to FO later on if you have not paid it.

And those AoS ppl who are worried about 2nd NL, its just not any value for the subsequent i-485 filing.

Best!

Thanks NuvF for your opinion. My forms have been processed but did not receive 2NL. I would not worry much if it is not needed for AOS packet later.
I think receipt is needed for initial I-485 filing, isn't it?

IMO, 2nd NL is just an acknowledgment of receipt of DSP122 indicating AoS.
No connection to the fee. You may pay it sooner or later but MUST take the receipt to the intvw. Not even required with the initial i-485 filing.
Just that KCC will not transfer the DV file with them to FO later on if you have not paid it.

And those AoS ppl who are worried about 2nd NL, its just not any value for the subsequent i-485 filing.

Best!

Whats the count now....? Suu5, Asia10.......is that all left?

anyways, my heart and prayers goes out to any and all who are still waiting!!

Best!

PS:

I wished linda255, back from Feb '10 came back with her story....hers was very unique if some of you could recall.
She has come to US with F1 and overstayed a long time, but she was below 18 and technically illegal presence below 18 would not count.
And guess what , she has turned 18 on Oct 1st 09, the day she filed DV i-485!!

My take was that she will not be able to do AoS in US but ok with CP hoping that not subjected to 3 or 10 yr bar.
Dont know what happened.

Capeolive Thanks a lot.
But I can't leave US. And the problem is I filled E-DV as married but I dont have offical marriage certificate. Will it hurt me and how do I fill out i-485 as married or single? Do you know anybody who had same problem in DV2010?
Hi Parviz,

Welcome to the last days of the thread.
My advice to you is go back to your country
and get married officially and file DS-230
for your wife and son. I would advice you
to do CP and bring your family here. If you
don't want them to live here at this point
apply for advance parole. You will get a
one time 2 year permission for your family
to stay overseas. After that if they do not
live here and they stay out of the country
for more than 1 year they lose their cards.

Other than above mentioned it is just the
right thing for spouses to be married officially...