I-130 for Consular Processing

Hi guys,
Found this thread and thot id post my query.i applied I
130 for parents exactly five months ago and still waiting for approval fromCSC,anyone knows if this time is normal?im very worried and dunno what to fo,pls. Advice.
Thanx.

Yeah dude,
CSC is ****ed up. There are a bunch of people including me who have applied for I130 for spouses and it's been slightly over 5 months for all of us, for one about 5 mnths and 2 weeks and it's still not approved. There's another thread on I130 where we are posting and you can track that for updates.

Hi guys,
Found this thread and thot id post my query.i applied I
130 for parents exactly five months ago and still waiting for approval fromCSC,anyone knows if this time is normal?im very worried and dunno what to fo,pls. Advice.
Thanx.

Can you please give me link to that thread,also i have been reading a lot about parents birth certif . And i dont remember submitting it with i130 form(im only submitting i130 as parents r outside usa),is it only required if u file i 130 and 485i together?im very confused and more worried now.please help.

how about usa green card holder filed petition I-130 for his wife??? any idea how long it will take? thank you folks.

Hello every one,

My young brother who is under 21 got approved 1-130 from USCIS. And I looked at the Visa Bullettin Oct. 2010 shows that, his visa PD is current; which is Jan, 2010. My question is, anyone know how long it will take for NVC to processes his case. By the way my mother GC holder sponsor him. Thanks.

Can you please give me link to that thread,also i have been reading a lot about parents birth certif . And i dont remember submitting it with i130 form(im only submitting i130 as parents r outside usa),is it only required if u file i 130 and 485i together?im very confused and more worried now.please help.

At this time you do NOT need to send your parents' birth certificates, but you will need to do so once DS-230 is submitted, this is the list of documents required to submit along with DS-230:
From your parents you will need:
Birth Certificates
Court and Prison Records
Deportation Documentation
Marriage Certificates
Marriage Termination Documentation
Military Records
Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
Police Certificates
Adoption Documentation

From you, you will need:
Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificates

All documents have to be ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED COPIES.

And if your parents are living outside of the US, you do NOT need to submit I-485

I would recommend you start gathering these documents, it will save you tons of time!

My parents do not have birth certif as they r old,they got the non availablity certificate,where can i get a sample affudavit so theycan have a couple of relatives give them the affidavit?can someone PLEASE give me the link for sample affidavit,also what is court document,police certif. Etc..what do they need wrt those,some one please let me know.
Thankyou.

Updated on my case:

05.27.2010: Called USCIS to upgrade I-130 for spouse and child
06.08.2010: I-130 approved
06.16.2010: Case transferred to NVC
06.22.2010: Forms sent to Lawyer
07.08.2010: Package created and sent to Lawyer
09.24.2010: Completed

Hi All,

Filed I-130 for my parents (CP, New delhi consulate) last October. Mom's case is approved with interview scheduled for oct 15th. Called NVC for checking Dad's status and requesting interview at the same time. They expedited the case to Delhi Consulate without scheduling the interview. Delhi consulate is not responding to any emails, fax or calls and have'nt scheduled the interview in october.

Anyone else who has faced something like this?

My mother is ready for interview for consular processing in New Delhi. She doesnt have any proof of vaccination in India. Can you tell me what are the vaccines she needs prior to her medical exam?

Can u post about your interview and medical exam experience? I'm looking for the vaccination list too. My mom is 65+.

Hello everyone, I am new on this forum. I must say this is a great forum, thanks to the people behind it. I have a question: I am a permanent resident who recently got married and want to file I-130 for my wife. I will use consular processing in Nigeria. Can someone tell me how long the process will take before it is approved? Is the processing time for a permanent resident the same as a citizen? Thanks

Can someone tell me how long the process will take before it is approved? Is the processing time for a permanent resident the same as a citizen?

The I-130 itself can take up to 5 months to get approved, however, many people in this forum have approval within 2-3 months as well. It all depends on the workload and the case.
The processing time for Permanent Residents and Citizens is not the same. Citizen petitioned beneficiaries do not have a waiting period for visa # availability, therefore once the I-130 is approved, the case is sent to NVC right away. For Permanent Resident cases, the waiting period is 5 months for visa # to be available, then the case it forwarded to NVC.

Hope this helps.

I have mailed form I-130 for my mother in Pakistan.

Hi. I just sent I 130 for my dad for cp in india, on 11/03/2010, got an email on 11/09/2010, application forwarded to vermont center. I think we are in the same time frame . Please let me know if you hear any thing. My email is bigbull99@hotmail.com

bigbull99- Have you already begun gathering all documents?
I feel like I should wait until I-130 is approved. I'm just anxious about the whole waiting period and we're only in the initial stages....

Don't wait to gather evidence. Depending on individual circumstances gathering old documents can be tough. Check out the US State Department Reciprocity table for your country regarding what documents they expect you to come up with. The US State Department has a better idea of what you can get from your home country than most citizens of that country.

There are enough delays in visa processing without adding more on it yourself.

I read on some posts here that the Police Character Certificate expires in 3 months. Is that true?
In Pakistan, it takes three months just to get the certificate. I'm worried if I get it too early, it will not be valid when we send it in. I'm assuming if everything goes well, I will be sending that and other documents within 6 months.

Get what you can. Birth, marriage, divorce, death and adoption documents don't expire. Somethings may expire a certain amount of time after they are issued depending on individual circumstances. If a beneficiary is currently is in country A but had previously lived in country B then any police clearance from country B covering residence in country B in the past should not expire. However, a clearance obtained too far in advance in the current place of residence could expire if obtained too soon.

I-130 sent for Wife:

11.04.10 - Sent application I-130 to Chicago lockbox
11.08.10 - Application received @ Chicago lockbox
11.09.10 - email and text confirmation with receipt #
11.09.10 - Transferred to CSC [Case visible online]