I-130 for Consular Processing

I called customer service yesterday and they said the my mom' s I 130 is still in initial review at Texas service center and asked me to call back after 60 days. Has anyone recd their approval from Texas within 5 months. I am just curious.

I 130 mailed to chicago lockbox 8/17/10
Accepted 8/27/10
Case transferred to Texas 11/1/10
I 130 approved ???

Thanks uklondon9,
The link is really helpful. I appreciate your help.

RP75,
I am still waiting like you.

Wishing good luck to all who are waiting.

I 130

Hi

I am in same boat applied I 130 28th Aug, 2010 and the case has transfered to Texas Service Center on Nov 1, 2010. I am worried.....

Whats going on??

Hi

Just got an E mail from USCIS, DAD's I 130 got approved. It took little less than 3 mts . Sent on NOV 8, got approved on FEB 2. I am happy.
I applied for CP in Chennai, India.
What will be the next step? Can any one please help.

Congrats bigbull99. Is it thru Vermont service center. It seems be moving fast. I think the next step is DS 230. I am still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats bigbull99. Is it thru Vermont service center. It seems be moving fast. I think the next step is DS 230. I am still waiting.

Ya,vermount center. One of the poster sent hers I 130 for her mom, exactly on the same days as mine to Vermount center,and she posted that her I 130 got aproved in 57 days. I dont know how the USCIS goes by?

For any of you here that was transferred from CSC to TSC and have been forgotten, I created a blog with my story and invite any of you to comment with your story.

Holding USCIS Accountable - uscisfiasco . blogspot . com

Good luck to all of you............

Hi, I am a USC and just filed the I-130 for my husband as he currently lives in Brussels and I recently moved back to the US. What should we expect for the next stage in the process? I've read through these posts and it seems the I-130 doesn't take too long for some people. What is typical processing time...3 months, 5 months, longer...? Are there other documents or forms I should be filing in the meantime?

Thanks for any info

Hi there, I'm planning to petition my parents who are currently living in Indonesia. I'm a naturalized USC. When I send the I-130, do I need to also submit the I-864? Thank you for your reply!

Hi there, I'm planning to petition my parents who are currently living in Indonesia. I'm a naturalized USC. When I send the I-130, do I need to also submit the I-864? Thank you for your reply!

You submit the I-864 once you get approval for the I-130 and it is forwarded to the National Visa Center

uscisfiasco . blogspot . com

Hi, I am a USC and just filed the I-130 for my husband as he currently lives in Brussels and I recently moved back to the US. What should we expect for the next stage in the process? I've read through these posts and it seems the I-130 doesn't take too long for some people. What is typical processing time...3 months, 5 months, longer...? Are there other documents or forms I should be filing in the meantime?

Thanks for any info

It's really a crapshoot...........some approved in 3 months or you could end up in the Blackhole like 35,000 other petitioners from Jul/Aug.

Thanks for any info

Hi,
I am assuming that you sent all supporting documents like your marriage certificate, USA passport or naturalization certificate(Copy),.
If your application gets accepted you will ge a email and a letter in the mail with a case number in 10 days. Then you can keep tracking the case on the USCIS website. How long will it take depends on the place you live ,if your application is sent to Vermount center it might take 3mts. Usually they have 5mts time for them to approve the application, You have to wait 5mts, if you call them before that 5mts they wont respond to you properly, they will say it is still under review.
I read in this fourm that on person got I 130 approved for her mom in 57 days, But it took 3 mts for me for my dads approval, we both sent exactly on the same days. And i read in the same fourm that people are waiting for more that 5 mts.
My be it is defferent for every case. I130 for spouse might take little longer form I130 for parents, Not sure how it goes.
good luck.

Thanks SqdnGuns and bigbull99

Yes, I sent all supporting documentation along with about 30 labeled photos of our relationship (vacations, wedding, family holidays, etc).

How is it determined where your application is sent (for the service center)? I live in New Jersey.

Are there things I can do to prepare for the next phase while this is processing? (not sure how different the spouse I-130 is from a mom/dad I-130).

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks SqdnGuns and bigbull99

Yes, I sent all supporting documentation along with about 30 labeled photos of our relationship (vacations, wedding, family holidays, etc).

How is it determined where your application is sent (for the service center)? I live in New Jersey.

Are there things I can do to prepare for the next phase while this is processing? (not sure how different the spouse I-130 is from a mom/dad I-130).

Thanks a lot!!

Ya, Yours will be at Vermount Center. If your spouse is in india, they need to get ready with police clearence certificate, my dad applied for it at HYD passport offoce, It is over 2 mts now, he did not get it. I think it is taking 2-3mts, so let them know about it, in india.

My spouse is in Belgium. Do you know if it also takes so long there? Since we just submitted the I-130 is it too soon to already request that document in Belgium or can I start that process?

hi

My spouse is in Belgium. Do you know if it also takes so long there? Since we just submitted the I-130 is it too soon to already request that document in Belgium or can I start that process?

wait for 1 mnt and then you can check eith the local passport agency to find out how long will it take and how long it is valied, it is usually 6 to 12 mts valied.
Good luck

Just called the customer service, they said they are currently processing Aug 16-17th cases. So I am hoping by the end of the month I would hear from them. Since my priority date is Aug 27th, 2010.

Hi

i just called NVC at 6033340700, It took me about 10 trys to get connected, and 5mts wait to speak to a rep. I asked he togive me the Invoivce identification number and NVC case number. She told me both numbers, and told me that i need to wait for few more days before i can go online and register,as the number got generated just today.
When she gave me the NVC number # BMB9999999999. I told her BMB is for Mumbai , My dad lives in Andhrapradesh, which has Chennai counsilate. So i told her it should be MDR9999999999. She put me on hold and told me that she has requested a follow up on the issueand aske me to call back to check in 10 days.
I would suggest every one to check the NVC number , and call NVC after 4 days your I130 get approved

You submit the I-864 once you get approval for the I-130 and it is forwarded to the National Visa Center

Thank you for your reply!! Btw, I read your blog and am hoping that one day soon, you will see your son again so he can get a better medical treatment here in the States. And most importantly, you all will be united as one family again.