I-130 for Consular Processing

I had called in for a service request and I got an email immediately in the evening saying that my case has been transferred to California Service Center again for processing. I don't know what in the world is happening. Only time will tell I guess.

I had called in for a service request and I got an email immediately in the evening saying that my case has been transferred to California Service Center again for processing. I don't know what in the world is happening. Only time will tell I guess.

Just got an email from NVC. They sent DS-230, and Invioce to pay $88.00 for AOS fee, through email.
I paid it online. It was easy, my dad is suposed to sign the Ds230 ans send it back to NVC.
They are prety quick, at least for now.

Awesome bigbull99. That is pretty fast, we live in seattle area so i guess it is taking longer. At least i am no hurry will see what happens to my mom's I 130.

Just got an email from NVC. They sent DS-230, and Invioce to pay $88.00 for AOS fee, through email.
I paid it online. It was easy, my dad is suposed to sign the Ds230 ans send it back to NVC.
They are prety quick, at least for now.

Hi can u tell me what are the documents you sent with DS 230 and also how was your experience obtaining the police clearance certificate in chennai. Did u apply after you got the approval or before hand and also what is the expiration date on the certificate. Thanks for your help.

hi

Hi can u tell me what are the documents you sent with DS 230 and also how was your experience obtaining the police clearance certificate in chennai. Did u apply after you got the approval or before hand and also what is the expiration date on the certificate. Thanks for your help.

Ds 230 , you do not need to send any documents, just the benificiary, in my case who is my dad, has to write my name and address in the form choosing me as an agent and sign and mail it back to NVC. They emailed me and my dad the DS230 form. He just printed it and filled it and mailed it back, you can even scan the filled Ds230 and email it back to NVC.
Regarding Police clearence certificate, we live in Vijayawada, Andhrapradesh, So he went to a travel agent and paid him Rs.1200.00, and gave him 2 photos, address proof, and original passport, and Form 2, There is fee of Rs 300.00 for form 2, It is all included in Rs1200.00. The agent submitted it on Dec 27 th at Hyd passport office. My dad got the passport back in the mail with the police clearence stamp done on Feb 09.2011 It took around 45 days.
I filed my dads I 130 in Nov 8 2010. so i told him to send in his passport after a mounth,which he did. it is valied for 6mts, i think, I am not so sure on that.
what stage are you in?

I am still in initial review and we live in Chennai. So i should ask her to apply for a police clearance certificate pretty soon. Do you know when it expires the police clearance certificate. Thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it!!!. Also if they do not have an email address will they mail the DS 230 form? any idea.

I am still in initial review and we live in Chennai. So i should ask her to apply for a police clearance certificate pretty soon. Do you know when it expires the police clearance certificate. Thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it!!!. Also if they do not have an email address will they mail the DS 230 form? any idea.

ya, i think they will mail the form too, But you open an email account for them, and you can access it, I did it for my dad, he does not know any thing about computers. I check his e mail. and get the print out. They can go to the public booth in chennai, give he Rs10.00 and the guy will open the email and print the documents. They can type the pass word themselfs. I am doing it for my dad. You will get the documents very fast, If you dont want to go that rout you can choose postal mailing.
The police certificate is valied for 1 year in india. Good luck

ya, i think they will mail the form too, But you open an email account for them, and you can access it, I did it for my dad, he does not know any thing about computers. I check his e mail. and get the print out. They can go to the public booth in chennai, give he Rs10.00 and the guy will open the email and print the documents. They can type the pass word themselfs. I am doing it for my dad. You will get the documents very fast, If you dont want to go that rout you can choose postal mailing.
The police certificate is valied for 1 year in india. Good luck

Thanks that helps!!! will do it right away.

To answer your question my timeline is

1 130 sent on 8/13/2010
NOA recd 8/27/10
Nov 1 case transferred to TSC rom CSC
Feb 7th case transferred back to CSC
I 130 approved on Feb15th
Feb 23rd approval letter recd
NVC case # XXXXXX
DS 230 XXXXX

I tried calling NVC like u said but my case is not in file yet, so going o call them again on monday.

Hello,
I want to petition my parents to come to the US and I've learned that i need to submit 2 i-130 forms for my mom and dad. I have another question though. I have a little brother who is 7 years old now. Can he go to the US with my parents at the same time? Do i need to petition him under brothers/sisters category? I'm just confused about my little brother case and was wondering if there is a fast way for him to come. I just dont wanna leave him behind....

RFE is generated on my mother's I130 - consular processing. I have replied the RFE. I have been hearing that there is possible partial federal government shut down in this Friday (04/08/2011). I hope it will not make any impact on our ongoing cases. I think all USCIS folks are working under stress. Only God know when our case will be processes. My time line is here. Let's see it completes 365 days on my case or not. I am not surprised to see if it takes that long.

RFE is generated on my mother's I130 - consular processing. I have replied the RFE. I have been hearing that there is possible partial federal government shut down in this Friday (04/08/2011). I hope it will not make any impact on our ongoing cases. I think all USCIS folks are working under stress. Only God know when our case will be processes. My time line is here. Let's see it completes 365 days on my case or not. I am not surprised to see if it takes that long.

I need to pay my application fee bill and I also recd a RFE on I 864 so this is my status

my timeline
12/21/2005 ~ LPR
05/05/2007 ~ Married
01/31/2011 ~ US Citizen
02/05/2011 ~ Mailed I-130
02/07/2011 ~ Package signed for at Chicago lock box
02/07/2011 ~ Priority date
02/10/2011 ~ NOA1 notice date
02/18/2011 ~ NOA1 hard copy received in mail
********** ~ Routed to California Service Center
02/18/2011 ~ Last Touched

I-130 filed for my spouse living abroad.

Last edited by a moderator: