Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

The time an application is submitted usually ends up being 5 years minus 90 days. Write down whatever you know. If you can anticipate a trip you'll be taking after you submit an application, put it down. Otherwise, update it at the interview.

Definitely every experience is different but you have to know that having the GC through asylum, must be very careful when you have to travel to the COP. That is what I think.
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences.

Sorry I hope I didn't "hack" this forum but I need help.

I have all of the docs to send for the N-400 but the original birth cert. I lost it and I couldn't find it Since I got my GC through asylum, I can't go back to my original country(don't want to take the risk) that's why I don't know how to retain another birth cert. Would it be a problem for getting through the naturalization process/interview and also for the US passport later on? Please advise. Many thanks.

Did you submit the copy of birth certificate with form I485 (green card application)?. If you did than they should have the copy.

I did submit my original birth cert for my green card application. I am just afraid they will ask again for the naturalization interview. Also when applying for the US passport, I think the orig birth cert is needed as part of verification.

From what i have been reading on the citizenship section no one has been asked for the birth certificate.
I think you should be ok.

I hope so. Hopefully they won't ask for the orig. birth cert again during the naturalization interview since I only have the photocopy one now. You guys have been so helpful. Thank you all!

From what i have been reading on the citizenship section no one has been asked for the birth certificate.
I think you should be ok.

You do not need a birth certificate for the naturalization process. Also, I will be mailing my application in May. Can't wait.

My green card resident date: 2/28/05. I initially thought it was going to backdate to 2/28/04 so I thought I could apply it right now. But after carefully reading all the posts here, I realized that the resident date has already backdated by the INS. Stupid me! So I think now for me to send my application will be on 12/05/09? that's about 4 years and 9 months plus right? to be on the safe side. Hope I am right this time. Thanks guys!!

Regarding political asylum requests for the US you will need to comply strictly with the guidelines as set out by your demarcated immigration officer at the Immigration and Naturalization building for your district. Do not go contrary to the regulations as determined at your Political Asylum hearing. If you do so, you do so at your own peril. The bureaucracy works according to a rigid set of guidelines which require transparency of all procedures.

FP Experience

Thanks for posting time line Paramvir.

Regarding walk in FP, did you go directly to the location before the said date in notice and can you share experience?

Almost there!

I can see the promised land..finally :D
I thought I would put my timeline here, although I submitted my application back in November of 2008, I think it's still relevant to share good news to this forum, and to those former asylees like me to have good moral in pursuing their dreams.
Lot's of controversial issues has been discussed and still being discussed since there are no black and white on some of the immigration laws.
Here are the facts that I have and ( possibly only) applicable to me, therefore please observe your own discretion since every case is different.

1. Am I a former asylee? yes
2. Have I renewed my COP passport? yes several times, and I used them for inernational travel instead of Travel documents.
3. Have I gone back to COP? yes, once and I did get questions at SFO airport
4. Did they ask me anything about point #2 and #3 during the Citizenship interview? NONE whatsoever, and my trip to COP was listed in the application.
5. How long the interview last? about 20 minutes.
6. A few more weeks to go the Oath Ceremony.

I wish everyone GOODLUCK!!!

I can see the promised land..finally :D
I thought I would put my timeline here, although I submitted my application back in November of 2008, I think it's still relevant to share good news to this forum, and to those former asylees like me to have good moral in pursuing their dreams.
Lot's of controversial issues has been discussed and still being discussed since there are no black and white on some of the immigration laws.
Here are the facts that I have and ( possibly only) applicable to me, therefore please observe your own discretion since every case is different.

1. Am I a former asylee? yes
2. Have I renewed my COP passport? yes several times, and I used them for inernational travel instead of Travel documents.
3. Have I gone back to COP? yes, once and I did get questions at SFO airport
4. Did they ask me anything about point #2 and #3 during the Citizenship interview? NONE whatsoever, and my trip to COP was listed in the application.
5. How long the interview last? about 20 minutes.
6. A few more weeks to go the Oath Ceremony.

I wish everyone GOODLUCK!!!
Congratulation on your approval.It is really weird that how officres are diffrent. Could you tell us what type of asylum case you have had.is there any changes on COP condition or yours as indivitual. I am trying to figure out if there is anything made IO to not even try to question you for visiting cop because he or she already knew the answer.What do you think or feel about it? why do you think IO went easy on visiting COP.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: