Am I the only one?

Interview letter does not specify name of the officer. It just says go and meet examiner 6. What about you?

Let us know how your infopass goes.

the reason i asked is i am going to make an infopass in another week or so to check on the status of my case.are u going to have the same interviewing officer. i hope not.

In my case first of all I had a very senior lawyer accompany us , the IO said he is approving the I-130 , but 485 has to wait since the name check is pending , also my prev employer had filed for an I-140 so he saidthat he has requested for that file , i still havent heard anythg on the I-130 it has been 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
o.k chicagolady this is what my letter said.the i.o who did my interview gave me an envelop with three pages inside first one says please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter.date and hour june 2008 at 8am.ask for district adjudications officer,reason for appointment petition for alien relative form i130 whats the difference between i130 and i485.o.k the second paper says your rights and previleges during this any other form i130 adjudication proceeding include the following 1-you can be represented by an attorney or representative of your choosing at no expense to the government.if you can't afford a lawyer there may be free legal sevice available upon request.etc.third paper says stokes interview required documents.etc etc its too long for me to write out everything on my list.its the regular paper works like marriage certificate childrens birth paper passport i94.i hope this help by the way chicagolady i wrote a letter to uscis about my next interview for jun 2008 .and they adjust the date to april so thats it for now.the i.o wrote my a number in my passport and his name and wrote cr6 pending.why he wrote cr6 pending that mean next interview if i am approve they gonna give me a 2yr conditional residence card

o.k chicagolady this is what my letter said.the i.o who did my interview gave me an envelop with three pages inside first one says please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter.date and hour june 2008 at 8am.ask for district adjudications officer,reason for appointment petition for alien relative form i130 whats the difference between i130 and i485.o.k the second paper says your rights and previleges during this any other form i130 adjudication proceeding include the following 1-you can be represented by an attorney or representative of your choosing at no expense to the government.if you can't afford a lawyer there may be free legal sevice available upon request.etc.third paper says stokes interview required documents.etc etc its too long for me to write out everything on my list.its the regular paper works like marriage certificate childrens birth paper passport i94.i hope this help by the way chicagolady i wrote a letter to uscis about my next interview for jun 2008 .and they adjust the date to april so thats it for now.the i.o wrote my a number in my passport and his name and wrote cr6 pending.why he wrote cr6 pending that mean next interview if i am approve they gonna give me a 2yr conditional residence card

The difference betwenn I-130 and I-485 is

I-130 is the petition for alien relative

I-485 is the Green Card

Interview officer will write Cr(6) for any case that is pending , especially marriage based , CR(6) does not mean that you will be scheduled for a second interview. A second interview or a stoke interview is only done when the first interview does not go well , and the officer wants to conduct a second interview before he or she approves the case

I am afraid that is incorrect.
CR6 is just a "class of admission". It has nothing to do with the case's status after the interview, whether it is "pending" or "approved".

Interview officer will write Cr(6) for any case that is pending , especially marriage based.

it means the same , CR(6) is a code that they use for conditional residence and I have confirmed this with the Immigration officer as well as the lawyer

I agree with you. CR6 is a class of admission depicting approved residency based on marriage to a US citizen. My earlier note was to point the error in your pervious post, i.e. "Interview officer will write Cr(6) for any case that is pending ". An officer will write IR1 (not CR6) for a pending AOS that is based on a marriage more than 2 years old.

agreed sir !! my mistake , am so frustrated with all these things that I do not know what to do , i sopke to an IO today over the fone , asked abt the 130 toook all my details A number , address , last 4 digits of social etc etc etc and then looked and said the 130 is still pending and 485 is pending name check and the name check was initiated on may 31 2007

at the interview on august 22nd 2007 , the IO clearly mentioned that he is approving the 130 but 485 is pending name check and he stamped on some papers , may be 130 papers and put them all together in a file and also said i have to wait for the I-140 file too , i just dont understand that he has approved the same and the system still has it as pending

although i have my AP i am scared to travel after i heard all those freaking stories , although i have never ever been out of status

there are a lot of stories that i know off and Praetorian they may not be related to anyone you know from this forum , after all the world is not made up of people just this forum , second of all just because u did not have a problem with anythg does not mean that anyone else in this world wont have a problem

people are under alot of pressure trying to figure out, how there petition is going, the least anyone should do, is to be sarcastic, just answer there question if you think you know it, and keep it moving.

there are a lot of stories that i know off and Praetorian they may not be related to anyone you know from this forum , after all the world is not made up of people just this forum , second of all just because u did not have a problem with anythg does not mean that anyone else in this world wont have a problem

I am not trying to tick you off... I am just asking, what stories... I have not heard of a single story, in this forum or others... where a person had a problem traveling on AP, while the namecheck was pending.

The only reason I would think that there would be a problem is that you are traveling... and the namecheck comes as "this guy is a terrorist" either by mistake or true fact... then you will be of course denied entry and maybe detained. But, I have not heard any of those stories... (maybe terrorists who file for AOS do not visit this forum?).

That was all I meant, I was interested in reading those stories... :rolleyes:

people are under alot of pressure trying to figure out, how there petition is going, the least anyone should do, is to be sarcastic, just answer there question if you think you know it, and keep it moving.

I am not being paid to answer your question and keep going. :rolleyes: So excuse for excersing my right to do whatever I want.

and I choose not to tell you those stories Praetorian because you are NOT qualified to advice based on those stories :rolleyes:

well if you were , you wud have been earning a lot of money as an Immigration Attorney :cool: and not as a photographer :) and wouldnt have that little disclaimer :) Psst :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
well if you were , you wud have been earning a lot of money as an Immigration Attorney :cool: and not as a photographer :) and wouldnt have that little disclaimer :) Psst :cool:

Who are you to say what I can or can not do? I mean, what if I want to make money as a photographer? or as a Math Oriented Computer Science Research Big Shot? or as a Hooters Girl Interviewer/Tester?

Life is not all about money. :rolleyes: