I-130 Tracker Oct 2006 VSC

I tried to start something like this but no one sumbitted a reply. Hope your works better...:)

What I have found strange was that they have just updated their priority dates BUT they have not moved ONE day. They are still processing March 12, 06 like a month or two ago. What the hell??????

I130 for Parent
August 8, 2006 to VSC
Waiting.

Spouse I -130 August 24

Service Center: Vermont
Last LUD: Oct 3rd for change of address

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Turtle and all for sharing your dates.

Our lawyer mentioned that normally within a year every thing is done. including stamping at the consulate. Is that true?

What is the normal flow? My understanding is :

I-130 at Service Center -> approval -> goes to NVC (National Visa Center) -> NVC -> sends paperwork to -> Consulate at your country - > Consulate sends instructions package to Applicant -> Visa Applicant completes all medicals and other formalities -> visa is issued -> you arrive in USA -> Green Card Arrives in Few Months

Correct? Any deviations?

pratham said:
Thanks Turtle and all for sharing your dates.

Our lawyer mentioned that normally within a year every thing is done. including stamping at the consulate. Is that true?

What is the normal flow? My understanding is :

I-130 at Service Center -> approval -> goes to NVC (National Visa Center) -> NVC -> sends paperwork to -> Consulate at your country - > Consulate sends instructions package to Applicant -> Visa Applicant completes all medicals and other formalities -> visa is issued -> you arrive in USA -> Green Card Arrives in Few Months

Correct? Any deviations?

The general process is what you outlined. You can also check the first page of parents sticky thread for some good info.

Regrading VSC, it took us more than 6 months (timeline in my signature) to get I130 approval. At that time for some of the applicants I130 were getting approved in 3-4 months also. So it depends.

ac21_2006 said:
How long the total process takes?

Our lawyer said it would take between 6-7 months. I am thinking more like a year. You guys think they are processing faster thn posted dates? I am hoping they are because otherwise it's going to be a LONG wait.

visaapplicant said:
The general process is what you outlined. You can also check the first page of parents sticky thread for some good info.

Regrading VSC, it took us more than 6 months (timeline in my signature) to get I130 approval. At that time for some of the applicants I130 were getting approved in 3-4 months also. So it depends.

Hello,

Where is the parents sticky thread? Also, do you know if there are any risks related to my parents getting stuck in security checks for years??? Thanks in advance.

Do they really go by the dates the posted for I-130 processing ?

Hi,
I am wondering as my I-130(For spouse) application is still pending. I have previously helped my cousin to apply for his spouse and it took only 4 month for his wife to get the visa from bangladesh. Here is the cronological description of my filing:

9/08/06 Sent filed I-130 with all documentation to vermont processing center

9/14/06 Recv'd reply saying "we recieved your application"
till present waiting.... no letter

11/25/06: checked website for processing dates https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?
SeviceCenter=Vermont
and found that they are processing the application they have recieved in march 12 2006

12/20/2006:Checked the website again... and found same result

01/17/2007: Checked the website again... and same result..
01/17/2007 called the center...they said..they are still processing March 12...

Now please let me know if any of you applied on the same month and have any approved reply?? can I rely on their website for processing dates?? is there any possibility they loose your application and you have to re apply?? please respond... thanks
AL Amin

Last edited by a moderator:
I130 for whife
Where - VSC
When - Oct 2006
Status - Waiting!!!!!
march 12 for ever it is almost march 12 2007, and it not moving!!!

I spoke to a representative from USCIS and he told me that all te VSC I-130s are transferred to California for processing. Cali is only at August 21st, but thats way better than March 12th with no end in sight...

VSC - I-130 apps

Have they transferred all I-130 apps to CA? If the app is transferred, does one get any notification regarding the transfer?

I have not received any notification to date, I understand there is one instance of August 06 date for I-130 at VSC being approved.

Anyone with any later updates?

I spoke to a representative from USCIS and he told me that all te VSC I-130s are transferred to California for processing. Cali is only at August 21st, but thats way better than March 12th with no end in sight...

I just noticed the processing dates have changed for California Center, which now shows Sep 06, but the Vermont date has not changed, it's still March 12, 06.

Have they transferred all I-130 apps to CA? If the app is transferred, does one get any notification regarding the transfer?

I have not received any notification to date, I understand there is one instance of August 06 date for I-130 at VSC being approved.

Anyone with any later updates?

I just called USCIS, and was told that my case is still with Vermont (I filed on Feb 8). I am thinking they probably have transfered some older cases. According to the representative I spoke to, you will get a notification in the mail if your case have been transferred to another center. Also, you can check your case status online, and you should see the date when the case was transferred to another Service Center.

Timeline

VSC has proven once more they are very unpredictable... Look at this posting from another thread... I-130 got approved in 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by boatbod
Received the I-130 approval for one of my parents today. She is currently outside the US, so we'll be going CP route, but even so, 3 weeks seems like some sort of record for USCIS!

Received: 3/16/07
I-130 approved: 4/4/07

does it really take that long???

I am a Canadian currently in the US, married to a US Citizen.
Because of a potentially sticky-situation, we have been advised to consider that I go back to Canada and await visa processing from there.
We haven't filed any forms yet, until we decide whether I should stay or go.
Does it really take that long for a I-130 for spouse???
If I go, am I going to be stuck in Canada for over a year while the I-130 processes?

Thanks

I am a Canadian currently in the US, married to a US Citizen.
Because of a potentially sticky-situation, we have been advised to consider that I go back to Canada and await visa processing from there.
We haven't filed any forms yet, until we decide whether I should stay or go.
Does it really take that long for a I-130 for spouse???
If I go, am I going to be stuck in Canada for over a year while the I-130 processes?

Thanks

I don't see why you can't stay here while I-130 is in process. Once that is approved, you go to Canada and complete the process at the Consular office there.

It seems they process spouses with more priority than parents, however as you can see from the postings here VSC is quite behind.