San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hmm... my wife always accuse that I am getting worried bit too much.

But I am glad I visited the Fngerprinting and the Interview location on weekend prior to the appointment to see the exact location parking etc. etc.

can some one tell if the online status changes whenever IL is sent, atleast for FP I didnt see any change online.....

From what I've read on the forums, don't place too much faith in the online status. It's of no use whatsoever. My case does not even show up and I've had my FP already. Better idea to call them if you have a question.

I had a Interview in First week of March.

I went 10 minutes before, and was out in 15 minutes.

The interview officer was very good. He went through my application and corrected my recent ASIA trip and I was marked wrong for my traffic ticket, he corrected that too.
He asked me to write my job title in English, asked simple 10 questions , I answered first 7 correctly and he said thats enough.

Very nice experience, thanks to all for keeping us informed.

I had a Interview in First week of March.

I went 10 minutes before, and was out in 15 minutes.

The interview officer was very good. He went through my application and corrected my recent ASIA trip and I was marked wrong for my traffic ticket, he corrected that too.
He asked me to write my job title in English, asked simple 10 questions , I answered first 7 correctly and he said thats enough.

Very nice experience, thanks to all for keeping us informed.
Thanks for the information. What did you mean when you said that he corrected the wrong traffic ticket marking? Can you please give more details? I have a ticket that i have indicated in my application and am wondering what to expect if/when I get called for my interview :)

anyone get interview letter in the last 2 weeks or so?

Hi, Is there anyone who got their interview letter in the last 2 weeks or so? if so can you please publish your details?

Thanks,
Arun
:)

got my interview notice

Received my interview notice on 03/15/08 for an interview on 05/06/08. My priority date is 07/24/07. Thanks for all your guys posts/information so far.

I had a couple of traffic tickets that were minor infractions. I am still trying to figure out what kind of documentation that I need to take with me. If any of you folks have any experience in this matter please post any information you may have.

Thanks all for your help and good luck with your individual cases.

Regards,
Arun

my timeline and experience.

Good morning all,
I applied for naturalization in April of 2007 and i had my interview on the 11th of March 2008. I arrived around 1:30 PM for my 2 o clock interview. We were around 60 and i was called at 2:05 PM. Within 10 minutes i was out of the office. The IO went through my papers and asked me 6 questions, asked me to write a sentence and i read one also and said congratulations and put a big stamp that says approved on the application. He did not however give me a N-652. He said my oath ceremony will be most likely at the end of May or beginning of June.
While waiting, some people were leaving with their N-652 and some others without it even though i could see the IO telling them congratulations and they were all Happy. Is that a big deal? not having the N-652?
Thank you.

---------------------------

04/10/07: Priority Date
04/27/07: Receipt Notice Rcvd
05/02/07: FP Notice Rcvd
05/18/07: FP Submitted
12/19/07: Interview Notice Rcvd
03/11/08: Interview Date (Approved)
00/00/00: Oath Notice Rcvd
00/00/00: Oath Taken
00/00/00: Applied for US Passport
00/00/00: Received US Passport

hi arungk,

my PD is july 27 let us see if i get something in next week. glad that end july 07 are getting IL's.

Its for the question 15 (Part D) of the N-400.
15. Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested? Yes -X

I have marked Yes. As many in the board suggested that it is crime whether you are arrested or not. But the office marked that as NO -X , he said since I was not arrested, I should mark No.

Also the office asked me about the traffic ticket , I replied " I filed the FINE and attended traffic school", He didn't ask for proof.

He was a nice man,

Thanks for the information. What did you mean when you said that he corrected the wrong traffic ticket marking? Can you please give more details? I have a ticket that i have indicated in my application and am wondering what to expect if/when I get called for my interview :)

Hi Arun,

I received my interview letter today...HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY...LOL! Scheduled for May 6, 2008 in San Jose on Monterey.

Hi, Is there anyone who got their interview letter in the last 2 weeks or so? if so can you please publish your details?

Thanks,
Arun
:)

San Jose Interview

Some questions to folks who have already attended their interview at San Jose-

1. How long a typical interview lasts?
2. What are some of the typical documentation that officer asks to provide during the interview?
3. How many citizenship questions are asked? Is it verbal or written?

Thanks,

I think it is better to browse this thread back to read interview experiences, many people post their experience and move on. I would say it is difficult to generalize, as each interviewing officer is different:

1. Around 15 minutes
2. Darn, I am forgetting, passport for sure, perhaps social security card (not typical), green card, driver license (don't clearly remember this one).
3. In my case I think it was 10 verbal questions. Some other cases are written, or just 6 correct answers. To be honest I don't think it makes any difference. Just prepare the questions and it will be a breeze.

Passport received

Got my passport and supporting documents today - 25 days after I had applied (regular processing and no express mail). Passport was mailed to me by USPS Priority mail.

I think it is better to browse this thread back to read interview experiences, many people post their experience and move on. I would say it is difficult to generalize, as each interviewing officer is different:

1. Around 15 minutes
2. Darn, I am forgetting, passport for sure, perhaps social security card (not typical), green card, driver license (don't clearly remember this one).
3. In my case I think it was 10 verbal questions. Some other cases are written, or just 6 correct answers. To be honest I don't think it makes any difference. Just prepare the questions and it will be a breeze.

Should I carry documents such as tax transcripts, marriage certificate (application is not marriage based), employer verification letter etc. or is it an overkill?

Should I carry documents such as tax transcripts, marriage certificate (application is not marriage based), employer verification letter etc. or is it an overkill?

nothing is overkill

I brought with me:
1) Selective Service Card (Important!)
2) Old Passport (important!)
3) CA ID (important!)
4) 5 yr tax transcript
5) marriage cert (I apply with employment base)
6) SSN card
7) Utility Bill

They only asked me item 1-3. If you have'em, carry'em ^_^
most likely they wont ask, but what do you get to lose.

Any April Oath letters?

I hope to get my Oath letter at least for April Oath Date. Any one got their April Oath letter?

Later,
bkarth
----------------------------------------
04/17/07: FedExed
04/19/07: Received
04/19/07: Priority Date
04/20/07: Notice Date
05/10/07: FP Notice
06/14/07: FP Appt and Done
01/17/08: Interview
??/??/??: Oath :confused:

I hope to get my Oath letter at least for April Oath Date. Any one got their April Oath letter?

Later,
bkarth

not yet for me, but I expect some ppl will get their oath this week starting Wed.
Usually oath letters are received on the third week (on Thursday), that is this Thursday 20 March.