Zero Tolerance Policy and 2nd FP

sen_gc

Registered Users (C)
I think since BCIS removed the Zero Tolerance Policy, may be FP will be valid beyond 15 months and valid upto 18 months.

Any comments?

I hope that they change the policy to make the FP review results valid for up to 24 months. Let's face it, it's CIS problem.
Asking for a 2nd FP only creates unnecessary delay.

Best solution would be to retain the FP images so they could run the check anytime they want.

Actually, this is something that puzzles me. Does the FBI flush the FP images? Maybe not. They want to keep the FP images of as many people as they can get for future use.

At current rate, better to keep the FP.

Looks like it would be longer than even 24 months.

I think FBI only keeps FP of criminals. FBI also analyze FP and write reports for BCIS. In return, BCIS has to pay FBI. The real concern of BCIS is not the trouble that applicants have to take FP twice but rather the money they have to pay FBI.

But since 15 month expiracy of FP is a policy issued by the congrassman, BCIS can do nothing about it.

It is not that the finger prints change now and then but the results on the finger prints are valid only for 15 months.
Because of the privacy law, BCIS/FBI can't store the finger prints in their system; they can retain only the results.

I agree with tombaan that GC is the issue and should be foucs instead of FP