Dilip

Registered Users (C)
Guyz,

My 485 got approved on May 21st 2002.

Rd Oct 28 2001
ND Nov 24 2001
AD May 21 2003
RFE for BC , Employment Letter

This was an incredible journey for me. Here it goes. Its got all the twists of a Lagaan !!!!!

It started in Mar 2001 in Minnesota. My I140 got approved in Sept and till then things were gr8. Then disaster struck !!!. I got laid off without even filing for 485 as I had opted for CP. I thought it was all over and was packing my bags on the day of layoff. This happened on Oct 15th 2001. Just then , I got a call from my company asking me to join them for 2 days and file 485 instead of going for CP. This offer, that too coming from an American company was fantabulous !!!! I sent in the 485 (without even the medical !!!) on Oct 17th. From then on I started looking for jobs.No luck whatsoever. Then I got a part time project in Mar 2002 with my EAD. That project got scraped in July. Then I got a permenant offfer in August. But this company had its layoff in Oct (the same Oct 15th !!!) and I was a victim again. Then finally I decided to move out of MN as I felt it was a jinxed placed for me. I got a job in CA and got married in Nov 2002. This company took me as a permenant employee and gave me the much needed Employment letter for the RFE. So guys, my case had everything!!! Layoff on day 2 after applying for 485, marriage after applying for 485 multiple job transfers during 485. So if I can get approved, you guys wud too. Its just a matter of time. I thank this board for all the timely info and especially Mr. Khanna. Just cudnt believe I wud be typing this message !!!!!

Its been a real roller coaster ride in terms of emotions and anxiety.

I'll be around to help people who need any suggestions on 485 related issues.

Dilip

A formal thank u

A formal thank u to Gheewalabhai who has been with me since the Labor processing days. I was formerly posting as GCAR

Dilip

Waooooooooooo

Waooo, Waooo and Waoooo. :D

Man just hang on dont respond to any inquiries and JUST ENJOY MUCH AWAITED AND MUCH NEEDED FREEDOM. CONGRATULATIONS.

Your story makes me forget all of my Green card worries and reminds most of us to just hang in there and things will get better.

Cheers.

Your story is very moving and has everything. Congrats!! Enjoy your well deserved freedom. Update Rupnet.

Dilip, Congratulations!

I didn't know you are in CA now. I am happy everything worked out for you!

It may be a long way to go (2/02 RD) here, I am working fulltime short term projects but still haven't moved out for a regular job.
When INS sends out employment RFE, what does it want?
Do they look for the regular, "permanent" with benefits etc or just a regular full time(long or short term projects)?

Nothing to worry

When the INS asks for a proof of Employment letter, they just need a letter which states that u working for a company X along with salary , job title/duties. They are not bothered if it is short term or long term. Trust me.

Also, your approval time wud be soon and I can vouch for it.

Dilip

congratulations

congratulations dilip,
your story will give hope to so many people on this board.
enjoy....
sp29201

A gud lesson learnt

Guyz,

As I had mentioned in my previous post, 3 layoffs between Oct 15th 2001 and Oct 15th 2002 would have killed most of the folks. I wanted to make sure that in life, an organisation like NSC wouldnt break me. That was the only thing that kept me going. In short my motto was "If NSC can break me then I shud contemplate suicide". I know its easier said than done, it would save a lot if you give up being anxious abt GC.

So keep the gud spirit going...

Dilip (GCAR)

Hi Dilip,
wow! congrats!!

did your wife also get approved with you?
and when did you get the RFE and when did you respond?

thanks in advance..

dilip

many heartiest congrats, buddy! if anyone deserved to see this happy day, you did!

enjoy your freedom, and best wishes for your future!

very encouraging ....

Q. Did you invoke AC21 ( I guess since u changed 3 jobs !)

Q. Did you also change Geographic Regions for your new jobs. ( I see some info in your postings , but please confirm )

hello All

Here are the replies :

googol : My wife's case has not yet been approved. I guess it shud come thru in a week or so. I got RFE on Apr 22nd and they received my response on May 8th. In 2 weeks I got the approval online.

Pork Chop: Thanks for all the wishes and I hope the same for u dude. In case u need another twist which I didnt mention in my post is the fact that my wife works in Houston and am in LA. In case u guys know of any contacts for a job in Houston just pass it on :)

eb2_I485_RD0901 : I did invoke AC21. Trust me guys, while invoking AC21, it all finally boils down to what kinda lawyer one has. As far as geographical locations go, I was there in MN during all my layoffs and then left it outta sheer jinx.

Hey Pork, Incase u need any help regarding forming a group assisting Rajiv, I dont mind doing my 2 bits. Trust me guys, I have done enufff research on the number of ways one's GC can GET scuttled.

DIlip (GCAR)

Congrats Dilip,
I've one Q.
How did you file for your wife after you have already filed for yourself? Did you send any amendment for your I-485 changing your status from single to married?

Thanks.

Kjkool

Kjkool

My wife came to the US on a L1 visa even b4 marriage. So we submitted our marriage certificate. Apart from that , there was no other document.

Dilip

Congratulations!!!!!!

This is very heartening. Your former employer must have been
very nice, and I am sure you would have had been the same to
them, inspite of the unfortunate layoff which has become a
reality.